Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burton should just marry Depp.

Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was terrible. All his films are the same these days.

Tell me this Can Burton even make a movie anymore without Depp in it?

Yes he can - Batman, Batman Returns, BeetleJuice, Nightmare Before Christmas, Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, Planet of the Apes, Mars Attacks!, and Big Fish.

To name a few.

Yes he can - Batman, Batman Returns, BeetleJuice, Nightmare Before Christmas, Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, Planet of the Apes, Mars Attacks!, and Big Fish.

To name a few.
I mean as of late.

I mean as of late.

I think the last few years of the Depp/Burton collaborations have overshadowed alot. Tim has directed a total of 26 films. Produced 19. Written 15. Johnny Depp has only been in six of those. Three of those six have come within the last few years though, which may seem like they're always doing them together.

Burton did not direct TNBC.

As of late, he uses Depp a lot, but the roles he has used Depp for have been ones I could see him in. As for him not making a recent film without Depp, Big Fish anyone? And Big Fish is a phenominal movie, no less.

So what if Tim Burton likes casting Johnny Depp in his movie it's really his choice. I mean if I remember correctly Spilberg loved using Tom Hanks at a time and also Martin Scorsese likes working with Leonardo. Maybe they all think who they work with are good actors.

Burton and Depp are like brothers. Depp's the godfather of Burton's son, for crying out loud, they're best friends. Of course they're going to work together a lot.
I don't think Depp's right for Mad Hatter though. He just doesn't look like it. Of course, I've been wrong before. Heath Ledger as the Joker for example...

In your opinion.

I hated Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

It's just that certain directors obviously like working with certain actors. (As has been mentioned with Spielberg/Hanks, Scorcese/Dicaprio, Burton/Depp.)

http://filmonic.com/depp-play-mad-hatter-alice-wonderland

Depp To Play Mad Hatter In Alice In Wonderland

Mia Wasikowska was recently cast as Alice in Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland, and it now appears Burton will be working with Johnny Depp for the 7th time, as Depp has apparently been cast as the Mad Hatter.

Thinking about it now it seems so obvious that it was going to happen, and if Depp were to play any character in the movie it would have to be the Mad Hatter. I’ll still put my money on Helena Bonham Carter playing the Queen of Hearts.

Alice in Wonderland will be shot with live-action and performance-capture footage and presented in 3-D. Filming is expected to begin in November

Moion Capture. More revisionism. Tim Burtons tired ash gimmicks. He hasn't made a decent movie since Ed Wood. Just seeing the posters for this movie will piss me right off.

Burton's not the right guy for Lewis Carol at all, it needs someone who can portray the humor, subtly, satire and wordplay of the book. Which is what made it a classic loooong before the Disney version ever hit, after which the zany visuals and creatures became forever perceived as the main appeal of the original. Burton has only ever made two funny movies (Ed Wood & Beetlejuice) and they were down to his cast. Even then, other movies with Johnny Depp have failed to be funny at all.

and who said alice in wonderland was humorous, the original story is a dark partial acid trip that lewis carol was on, (know your facts)

Why? Because you once saw him in a movie wearing a top hat? or because it's fun to put out Johnny's name for anything remotely 'weird'

Actually Depp HAS been cast as the Mad Hatter and he IS perfect for the role, so can just back off of speedball there

Agreed, I've been a Depp fan since Edwards Scissorhands, so I'm looking forward to see what he'll bring to the role. :up:

Agreed, I've been a Depp fan since Edwards Scissorhands, so I'm looking forward to see what he'll bring to the role. :up:

Depp has an incredible ability to disappear within any role, I would expect this to be no different. :yay:

BRING BACK KEATON!!!!!!! Jesus, Depp a good actor but 7 films! mix it up abit!! im suprised helena B carter isnt the freaking lead as Alice!

BRING BACK KEATON!!!!!!! Jesus, Depp a good actor but 7 films! mix it up abit!! im suprised helena B carter isnt the freaking lead as Alice!

Helena is a little to old to play the role of Alice. Now the Queen of Hearts...that's an entirely different story. :cwink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"