• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Tim Burtons BATMAN 3

Johnny Drama

Sex Panther
Reaction score
Go ahead and tell me how you would have liked to see the 3rd installment of the bat franchise if Burton would have rapped it up as a trilogy.

Who would have starred (Michael Keaton is obvious, since this would have been the end of that trilogy)
and what would have happened?

Here is my cast...

Batman
quiz1053outcome1.jpg

The Joker
thejoker1104_468x443.jpg

The RIDDLER
robin_williams_narrowweb__300x399,0.jpg

Catwoman
catwoman_michelle_pfeiffer.jpg

Twoface
039_70547~Mel-Gibson-Posters.jpg

Robin
rider-strong.jpg

Harvey Dent was Billy Dee Williams in the first Batman movie made by Burton. So when he gets scarred and turns into Two Face, he would look like Mel Gibson? :|

Burton wouldn't have casted Billy Dee again. He would have bought out his contract like schumaker did.

No, but at least I can use spellcheck :D

and Tim didn't like Billy Dee Williams to begin with, WB needed some to add some ethnicity to an all white cast.

I think Tommy Lee Jones did a great job being Two-face, as well as Jim Carrey with the riddler; the only issure I had with two-Face is that that director made him too much like The Joker,....same with the riddler I might add.

I think Tim Burton would have known when to say when with the characters.

I would have liked them to touch on Harvey Dent's struggle with split personalities, and i would have liked the Riddler to be more of a cheeky gentalmen of sorts....even though Jim Carrey's proformance was really great the way it is. It's just too similar to The Joker.

for the sake of conversation,

Two-Face-
twoface.jpg

The Riddler (He would have been to young at the time; he's not the best choice, but he's what I thought of)-
anthony_michael_hall_01.jpg

One, theres already a thread for this. Two, BDW was Harvey and he took the role becuase he knew he would eventually become Two-Face, Three, Marlon Wayans was cast as Robin, he was supposed to be in BR, but he wasnt and was going to be in the third movie until Shumacher took over and they had to eventually pay Wayans out of his contract.

One, theres already a thread for this. Two, BDW was Harvey and he took the role becuase he knew he would eventually become Two-Face, Three, Marlon Wayans was cast as Robin, he was supposed to be in BR, but he wasnt and was going to be in the third movie until Shumacher took over and they had to eventually pay Wayans out of his contract.

Wow, I never knew that bit about Marlon Wayans :wow:

GOD, that would have been tarrible.

At first he was supposed to be the leader of a street gang, then he was going to be a mechanic who fixed the batmobile and forms a close freindship with Batman.
Yeah, Christian Bale auditioned for the role of Robin but was shot down.
Thank god!

I think Tommy Lee Jones did a great job being Two-face, as well as Jim Carrey with the riddler; the only issure I had with two-Face is that that director made him too much like The Joker,....same with the riddler I might add.

i think thats EXACTLY why schumachers franchise missed the point. they started turning every villan into a wanna be joker. every villan giving out punch lines and being funny

ohh and i love the idea of ray liotta as harvey dent

Ray Liotta as two face. I kinda like it.

So....I'm doing a series of retro trailers on my Youtube channel (link in sig). Last year I did TDK if it were made in the 80s, and I just did a Matrix/John Wick 80s style mashup. These take a pretty decent amount of work to produce, but I'm having a ridiculous amount of fun doing them and plan on doing a lot more hopefully. Naturally, I have a ton of ideas for Batman related trailers-- including finishing the TDK trilogy with Begins as a late 70s movie and TDKR as an early 90s action movie. And I'm in the midst of working on Batman 89 as a 1940s noir film to hopefully coincide with the 30th anniversary towards the end of this month.

I bring this up here because I may have stumbled on an angle for a "Burton's Batman 3" retro-styled trailer. I know there have been a lot of "Batman 3" fan projects announced on these board over the years, and they never seem to come to fruition...so me even talking about it this point is risky haha. I don't want to jinx it, but I figured I'd just throw it out there and see if anyone is interested and maybe I'll kind of workshop the idea a bit and post about my progress here and there.

I should be clear though, if I tackle this I would be giving it my all. It wouldn't just be slapping together a bunch of clips from random movies like some of the fan-attempts I've seen on Youtube (though there'd naturally be some of that). It'd be designing authentic titles, getting professional voiceover recorded, possibly deepfaking Keaton's face onto Kilmer's face in some key Batman Forever scenes. Trying to find a narrative for it that makes sense and doing my best to approximate how a trailer would've tried to convey that circa-1995. It would be an all hands on deck creative project and would take months of work, whenever I get around to it. The driving goal would be to make it immersive enough so that it almost feels like we're finding a VHS artifact from an alternate dimension where this movie actually existed. That's kind of the approach I've been trying to take with these trailers so far.

I should add that Burton's never to be third film has always been an interest of mine and I still would love to see it take form as an animated movie or comic some day. It's like the lost holy grail of comic book movies and I think it's an itch many of us still want scratched...somehow!

Burton's third was all set to go but everything sadly got pulled from under him by WB getting 'cold feet' of the back of parent's reaction to Returns. His third would have been great, Williams was due to return and Robin Williams would have been the perfect Riddler.

No, but at least I can use spellcheck :D

and Tim didn't like Billy Dee Williams to begin with, WB needed some to add some ethnicity to an all white cast.

Dude, don't make up rumors if you don't have any way to check and double-check the things your saying

There are so many false rumors out there, and the truth is that Tim Burton never had the possibility to think about the casting of the Riddler and Two-Face to begin with.

After the "Batman Returns" backlash it became quite clear that the studio wasn't keen on him returning in the director's seat. It took them one meeting to tell Burton that they didn't want him back on the franchise, and he, screenwriter Daniel Waters and Michelle Pfeiffer put their attention on the "Catwoman" spin-off.

In the meantime Burton met with the Batchlers and picked them to write the script. But not for him to direct. At that point it was already clear that someone else would take on the project. It was a way for him to pass the baton.

Tim Burton may have had some ideas for a third Batman, but there was never really a "Tim Burton Batman 3" in development. Robin Williams was approached with Joel Schumacher already at the helm. And Rene Russo came on board... with Joel Schumacher already at the helm, only for her to be replaced when Michael Keaton clashed with his vision and turned down the role.

That poster was good, but it has revealed that it was Joel Schumacher who wanted Robin Williams to play The Riddler in Batman Forever before it went to Jim Carrey. And it was also Schumacher who wanted to do Two-Face for Batman Forever, and he want that person to be Tommy Lee Jones. And it was also Schumacher who wanted Michael Keaton to return to play Batman before Val Kilmer was cast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"