Legends of Tomorrow Time for Atomic Action-The Brandon Routh IS Ray Palmer/Atom Thread

I am really looking forward to how they handle the effects.

ATOM character becomes really interesting only after he gets his shrinking ability.

We need a gif of him shrinking down

We need a gif of him shrinking down

This totally didn't take a long time to make at all.
tumblr_nocr7hjeHp1qdbbcoo7_400.gif

:o

I am really looking forward to how they handle the effects.

ATOM character becomes really interesting only after he gets his shrinking ability.

I really hope so. Haven't really loved much of what they've done with him so far on Arrow/Flash. Then again I've never really liked Routh to begin with. Hope he proves me wrong.

To see Brandon Routh starring in a show like this after Superman Returns proves that the Superman Curse is a fallacy.

Glad he shrank, which is something that should have happened in Arrow. I can imagine Cisco playing with Atom in his shrinking mode like an action figure.

"Before, I was merely Discount Iron Man. But now, I am truly The Atom."

But you know that some people will still end up calling him Iron Ant-Man, not knowing that shrinking was always Atom's original gig in the comics like how it was for Ant-Man.lol

Atom looks excellent. Can't wait to see this in action!

Brandon Routh's portrayal of Ray Palmer was one of the highlights of Arrow's Season 3 for me. He just seemed to have so much fun in the role and quickly became my favorite character between both of the two shows.

So, seeing more of his character is probably the thing I'm most looking forward to in this series.

But you know that some people will still end up calling him Iron Ant-Man, not knowing that shrinking was always Atom's original gig in the comics like how it was for Ant-Man.lol

"But aren't you just discount Ant-Ma..."

"NO DAMMIT, shut up. I came first and you are NOT taking this one from me."

I like Routh as Palmer/Atom. It will be cool to see how they handle his character as the main of this show.

Though I still get irritated by his half visor. It just looks off to me. I'd like to see it come all the way down. I wouldn't mind his entire costume evolve also. Get away from that cut price Iron Man vibe and maybe make the suit less armoured looking.

I hope his suit will eventually get trashed at some point, and he'll have to rely on his ingenuity. Then when they get out of whatever dangerous situation they were in, he realizes he doesn't need all the heavy duty tech.

Unless he figures out on how to utilize his white dwarf star matter in a manner where he can increase the density of his body, thus giving him super strength and some invulnerability against his foes, while allowing him to glide in the sky, I doubt he'll be ditching his current suit any time soon.

I think I could live with his silly suit if they'd just give him a better helmet. It makes him look like such a doofus.

Same here, That's about the only thing I really don't like about the suit. I'm not a huge fan of the suit in general, but I could tolerate it better with a different helm.

I really think Atom needs a strong villain who can match his powers and pose a threat, just like Flash had Reverse Flash, Iron Man had War Monger and Ant Man has Yellow Jacket.

Part of the problem, though, is that his power level is grossly inconsistent. Hopefully, being on a show where he's not obliged to job to Ollie will help with that.

And yeah, give him a full face helmet. Please.

It's been a looong time since I read an Atom comic (late 60's- early 70's) so I really can't remember if he ever had an arch enemy back then. I'm not even sure if he had any kind of regular foes at all. (he must have, right?)

Ironically enough, one of his main villains in the comics was Deathstroke (as far as I recall). Slade was responsible for killing Ray's protege in the comics.

And in terms of potential future arcs and relationships, I also read that Atom is very good friends/allies with Hawkman, so if he's ever introduced alongside Hawkgirl, then they can develop that friendship.

I hadn't though of that. if Hawkgirl will be in this, will they at some point bring in Hawkman? I'd like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"