Titans Titans General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Why is Beast Boy green on the poster, but not green on the photo? Temporary state?

Why is Beast Boy green on the poster, but not green on the photo? Temporary state?
That’s so stupid. I knew they were gonna do some **** like that.

I’m still hyped. Been watching all kinds of stuff on DCU.

Brenton Thwaites is great casting, I watched Oculus today and he was fantastic

Why does Starfire look at least 10 years older then everyone?

This may legitimately be the worst looking superhero television show since Arrow relaunched the idea. Even the Inhumans were like, "at least we just look dull".

This comes out the same month as Daredevil season 3. :lmao:

Starfire is the only one I can't really explain why she's dressed like that. Is that a regular teen attire in 2018?

Also, overall, I don't think it looks worse than Arrow or Inhumans.

Damn not gonna lie this looks pretty bad. The costume design is just awful. They shouldn’t have been so afraid to embrace the silliness of the comics.

Beast Boy should be green. Period.
Raven’s wig is awful and the actress can’t pull off the goth look
Starfire... do I really have to explain why she looks horrible?

The terror that WB have of actually letting their comic book characters be themselves in live action is the single biggest reason why they keep failing.

Starfire is the only one I can't really explain why she's dressed like that. Is that a regular teen attire in 2018?

To me, this is Arrow turned up to 11. Like you thought that was juvenile dark and gritty? You ain't seen nothing yet.

Well.. the Hawk and Dove costumes actually look decent. I find it kind it a bit weird that Jason and Dick wear the exact same Robin costume... why would Batman need Jason when Dick is currently Robin?... unless they had a falling out and that Dick had quit the superhero business before the first episode of Titans.

I'm annoyed that Beast Boy isn't green and the only time we will see his green skin is when he transform into an animal which is ridiculous. They really should have hired a older actress for Raven (between 16-19 years old) as the actress doesn't convincingly look like a goth girl. I feel bad for Anna Diop as they given her an awful wig and costume. I'm more excited for Doom Patrol than Titans. I'm still willing to give this series a chance but my expectation for it is extremely low.

It's weird how in some of those publicly released pictures of Kori that when she's not burning someone's face off, she's sort of standing behind things, hiding, etc...it's like they're trying to convey that she's "hiding", and that she thinks she's blending in with her hooker look, and maybe that's, you know, the gag.

No, that's probably just her final costume, just like Dick won't evolve into Nightwing, Raven will always wear nothing but the same goth outfit, and Gar will never turn green or into animals because we haven't seen it yet. Characters on shows don't evolve, and there's never a reason weird things are presented initially.

Last edited:
This series has so far (and DC as a whole) failed to convey anything looking like progress. Unless you consider edgelord dark progressive.

I'm still optimistic, guys. I think theres much more to this series than the trailer let on. It was a rough first impression. I think the trailer's sole intent was to shock people and get them curious. I mean, lets remember, Arrow took a very different direction with Oliver Queen and he was essentially the Punisher in season one, but there was an interesting story behind it and it was part of the allure of the series. Perhaps this will follow in the same vein if the storytelling is on point.

Last edited:
It's weird how in some of those publicly released pictures of Kori that when she's not burning someone's face off, she's sort of standing behind things, hiding, etc...it's like they're trying to convey that she's "hiding", and that she thinks she's blending in with her hooker look, and maybe that's, you know, the gag.

No, that's probably just her final costume, just like Dick won't evolve into Nightwing, Raven will always wear nothing but the same goth outfit, and Gar will never turn green or into animals because we haven't seen it yet. Characters on shows don't evolve, and there's never a reason weird things are presented initially.

YES!! THIS is The Guard I remember from the old days before the DCFU took you :o

The question is, why does it ever look this crappy? Daredevil didn't wear his full costume until the end of the first season. That didn't mean his proto suit had to look like crap. This all looks very cheap and laughable. The idea that it will "change" into something else, still looking cheap and laughable does not help the argument. At all.

I'm still optimistic, guys. I think theres much more to this series than the trailer let on. It was a rough first impression. I think the trailer's sole intent was to shock people and get them curious. I mean, lets remember, Arrow took a very different direction with Oliver Queen and he was essentially the Punisher in season one, but there was an interesting story behind it and it was part of the allure of the series. Perhaps this will follow in the same vein if the storytelling is on point.
And lets not forget that Arrow has sucked for the vast majority of its existence, with Ollie never being all that good a character.

Last edited:

The issue is not the story, or the potential evolution, of the series... it's a gut reaction on seeing marketing/promotional material that may be putting the DC service in a bad light, right now.

You can jump ahead like so many executives in the industry and say "Well you haven't seen the entire product! So how can you make a judgement on the entire series?" but that's a completely different point than what most are making. This is driven home by the fact that most that comment say they'll still give the show a chance, even though the there's not much marketing material that is appealing. Of course there are some that will continue to judge a book by its cover and you know what? It's still rational decision given that this has been a few errors in marketing and promotion on top of the other.

Give it a chance. Sink money into a series and streaming service you might find completely unappealing but give it a chance just in case they might maybe not be so gritty dark with the entire season. But we won't show you any hint whatsoever it gets less dark.

I'm not about to go on IMDB and give a bad score to a show I haven't seen, but I am pretty close to the point of no return in terms of whether to watch this. There are a lot of television options to choose from, and when a show doesn't seem to meet my expections regarding the source material or to look very good in its own right, that's a pretty fatal combination.

while I've been an early supporter of this show, and while I'm still going to give it a chance, I do admit that the more I see of this ( in terms of what marketing puts out ), the less confident and interested I'm becoming.

and I do echo the sentiment that it feels like everyone but Robin, Hawk, and Dove raided Party City for their outfits and looks. they exude that "cheap" look and feel. it's like they literally ran out of costume/wardrobe budget after designing Robin, Hawk, and Dove...…

now that they've announced a Stargirl show, I feel like my interest is starting to shift towards that. The promo art of Stargirl they released captured the look and spirit of the character. So, if that's an indication of the direction they are going, and if they can nail casting for that role, I think my attention will there and away from Titans.

because...…**** Batman. and such.

Pretty sure that like Grayson she's not a teen. That would be kinda R. Kellyish if they do the love story between them, after all.

the main thing still holding my interest is Raven. if not for her, or if she looked as questionable as Starfire, I'd probably be disinterested a long time ago.

really want to see more clips and possibly another trailer.

It’s ironic that in an era where people rail against molded rubber armor and leather and overdesign, that the stuff that isn’t those things seemingly automatically gets labeled “cheap” or “cosplay”.

Pretty sure Starfire is SUPPOSED to look cheap. People keep asking why she looks that way. Well...Heaven forbid we wait and see. Why does she look the way she looks in the comics?

As for the grimdark...it’s the Titans, people. You really think there will be no banter/compassionate moments to offset the serious stuff? One of the main characters is Nightwing, who is pretty much known for those things, and another is...Beast Boy.

If you’re not feeling it, you can always wait for reviews before you decide whether to watch it.

Last edited:
Maybe it looks cheap because it's a bad costume on a bad show. You never seem open to that possibility even though that's typically how these things turn out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"