Titans Titans General Discussion Thread - Part 1

That tweet would have made way more sense if there were lots of positive reviews that they showed on screen, instead of just clips of a show that hasn't been released yet.

If people hate the show, precisely because it's too dark (which is a fair prediction at this point), they're just making themselves look like idiots.

Yes. That’s genius. Call out the incredibly successful character from the rival company, who has an on point social media presence.

giphy.gif

Don't even have the courage to tag Ryan Reynolds.

That tweet would have made way more sense if there were lots of positive reviews that they showed on screen, instead of just clips of a show that hasn't been released yet.

If people hate the show, precisely because it's too dark (which is a fair prediction at this point), they're just making themselves look like idiots.

.....It's just a jokey ad on Twitter. A little cross-company humor aimed at a Marvel superhero who had a memorable line featured in movie trailers which openly mocked the DC universe -- and got big laughs from audiences. This show is coming to an app called "DC Universe".

Ya'll need to lighten up.

.....It's just a jokey ad on Twitter. A little cross-company humor aimed at a Marvel superhero who had a memorable line featured in movie trailers which openly mocked the DC universe -- and got big laughs from audiences. This show is coming to an app called "DC Universe".

Ya'll need to lighten up.

But if I can't get angry about meaningless things on the internet, what am I going to do with my time? :huh:

I thought the ad was pretty bad. This is a place to talk about things regarding Titans. :shrug:

So, anybody exited for the second season of Titans ? Second season is rumored to have Cyborg, Deathstroke, Donna Troy and Superboy.

This season has an episode called "Donna Troy" but idk if the titles on Wikipedia are legit, the source is from May and maybe a lot about the show has changed since then?

So, anybody exited for the second season of Titans ? Second season is rumored to have Cyborg, Deathstroke, Donna Troy and Superboy.
I'm thinking too soon. I know they've got ample characters in the DCU, but I think I'd rather them keep the focus on a core group for a few seasons, otherwise (like the Flash CW show) we pretty much end up meeting all the heroes and villains too early, which doesn't leave much to follow.

Cyborg should have been in Titans from the get-go. Supergirl(?) & Superboy don't really need to be introduced until Season 3 or 4 at the earliest. I don't know much about Donna Troy. Deathstroke could prove as a reoccurring villain I suppose, will be his third carnation (Arrow/DCEU/Titans). Where's Wally West in the line-up too?

They're probably trying to get a response from Ryan Reynolds which would only help with the PR (as his Tweets/IG posts often generate interest, particularly when he's being snarky) I think it's just a harmless jab and not meant as anything against Marvel.

DC goes dark gritty = DC hates it's characters
DC has some fun= DC is desperate.

Ivy ain't wrong in that Harley Quinn teaser. "They hate everything."

#DCcan'tWin

Last edited:
DC goes dark gritty = DC hates it's characters
DC has some fun= DC is desperate.

Ivy ain't wrong in that Harley Quinn teaser. "They hate everything."

#DCcan'tWin
When has the DCEU had any fun? Even their "fun" movie Suicide Squad had to be salvaged from their dark and gritty. Wonder Woman was good but I wouldn't necessarily call it "fun." Maybe Aquaman though. That does look fun.

When has the DCEU had any fun? Even their "fun" movie Suicide Squad had to be salvaged from their dark and gritty. Wonder Woman was good but I wouldn't necessarily call it "fun." Maybe Aquaman though. That does look fun.
Somehow I read this as dumb as thinking Static Shock was the only "fun" thing to come out of the DCAU.

When has the DCEU had any fun?
with the deadpool Titans ad. and Lego Batman...and justice League Action... Teen Titans Go to the Movies... and DC Lego Supervillains....

Last edited:
Those are commercials and advertisements though, not the actual DCEU (and TTG, DC Lego, etc are all DCAU anyways).

okay. first, im insulted by raven and her moms wigs. those are so bad and take me out of the whole thing. not the best actresses either.
rachel is by far the weakest link and it sucks since she is kinda the focus of the whole episode.
it's way too violent and that dark filter is too heavy. starfire isnt herself, but she is still a standout for me. looks phenomenal, sounds funny but its true.
robin is great, really like the guy plaing him. beastboy wasnt in it a lot but the little i saw was good and cgi was on point.
so it's not great and not terrible, its just meh.
BUT, i can kinda see its building something and im actually intrigued to see where it goes.
its a mistake not to release everything at once.

Meh doesn't sound too good to me.
How in the world do you mess up Titans?
They are some of the coolest characters ever.

If you haven’t had your dose of edgelord bull**** for the week, I highly recommend the first episode of Titans.

Oh yes. If you enjoy seeing several teenage comic book superheroes from a breezy comic, turned into murderous, grim, disturbed and ever so ‘grown up’ antiheroes, then this is the show for you!

I don’t understand why this show has to be the way it is. Who is it trying to appeal to? Teenage boys, I guess. Maybe twenty something men who don’t get out much? Probably people who didn’t read The Dark Knight Returns properly, and think that Batman kills in it.

The way they’re depicting the relationship between Dick and Bruce is particularly awful. “I had to leave because he was too violent for me” is a ****ing idiotic way to cause a rift between them... especially when Dick seems to revel in the self same violence he supposedly ran away from Bruce to avoid.

Asinine, try hard and exhibiting all the worst traits of Snyder’s edgelordiness. When will the people at WB realise that changing your characters because your ashamed of their essential comic book-ness is a path to consistent failure?

Last edited:
Looking at the two reviews posted here I think I might trust the "UNWATCHABLE" critique for this one, cause I've been burnt enough by ignoring it these past two years.

It was fun to mock trailers with most of the posters here, but it looks like it won't be as fun to mock it episode in episode out.

It was an ok premiere, I am not really for dreary shows in general but it was better then I expected. Probably would've preferred for some of them to know each other instead of everyone having to find their way to one another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"