Titans Titans General Discussion Thread - Part 1

First episode was ok. Seeing Dick Grayson Robin brutally maiming people is a little weird. Raven is pretty much Chloe Grace Moretz Carrie with a goth makeover.

Episode 2 is another good one guys. There's some good stuff going on here with this series. Me likey.

ep 2 was so much better. more focused, better writing, some really fantastic action scenes and raven's acting is much, much better.
some of the lines that were pretty terrible in the trailer actually worked well in the context.
raven's side eye when dick tells her she shouldnt watch game of thrones.. i died XD
hawk was the best character, guy has a lot of charisma.

what didnt quite work was minka's wig. wasn't properly styled imo, and it was pretty distracting at times.
and nuclear family serves it's purpose but they're not really that memorable.

can't wait for the next one!

ep 2 was so much better. more focused, better writing, some really fantastic action scenes and raven's acting is much, much better.
some of the lines that were pretty terrible in the trailer actually worked well in the context.
raven's side eye when dick tells her she shouldnt watch game of thrones.. i died XD
hawk was the best character, guy has a lot of charisma.

what didnt quite work was minka's wig. wasn't properly styled imo, and it was pretty distracting at times.
and nuclear family serves it's purpose but they're not really that memorable.

can't wait for the next one!
I thought Hawk & Dove for a while were the saving grace, but then right after "the more help some needed the worse I had to hurt the others", it kicked into high gear.
That was intense. I figured it would happen given the other casts announced, but definitely didn't expect it'd be this soon.

This show is fantastic!! Loving it. The violence and swearing actually don't feel out of place. If someone was out there actually fighting crime, people would be swearing and bones would be broken.
Ritchson as Hawk definitely impressed me. They should've dropped the whole season at once though.

I think this episode was great. Alot of good chemistry between the characters mixed with some good action. The guy who played hawk was really good my only disappointment for the episode was no starfire :(. Well done Titans i had my doubts but your proving me wrong.

DC needs to get the DCU on some more APPS like yesterday! It is annoying have to watch on my phone or computer, for some reason the site has problems streaming for me.

what's the budget on this? kinda looks like 1 of those CW series

DC needs to get the DCU on some more APPS like yesterday! It is annoying have to watch on my phone or computer, for some reason the site has problems streaming for me.

I had a lot of problems when I tried to use Edge but Google Chrome has been working out pretty well for me.

I just finished watch EP 2 and still have mixed feelings. As for the whole Batman debate. Those of you who are defending Batman killing I got question. Do actually read the comics at all. Batman doesn't kill period. Their been many instances in the comic where people have tried to get him to kill and he flat out refuse to. Batman has explained many times why he won't kill but the best answer he has ever given is during Under the Hood. He tells Jason that he want's to end to kill the Joker. However if he does he won't be able to stop with the Joker. He will keep killing. Batman keeps him self in check for fear of what he will become if he starts to kill. Batman does not kill period. Any one who defends that knows nothing about Batman.

Also to guy who said Batman used non lethal force in Batman v Superman. Did we watch the same film. Batman slaughtered a whole lot of people. I mean he was blowing up cars and shooting them full of holes. Batman was just killing left and right in that film.

what's the budget on this? kinda looks like 1 of those CW series
I couldnt disagree more. The color grading need more work, but at least its there. And angles/editing/effects are much much better quality than cw.
Its unfair to even make that comparison, imo.

No, I can't watch this ****... Cringe can go only so far for me. That fight scene with a cover of "Kids in America"...

I just finished watch EP 2 and still have mixed feelings. As for the whole Batman debate. Those of you who are defending Batman killing I got question. Do actually read the comics at all. Batman doesn't kill period. Their been many instances in the comic where people have tried to get him to kill and he flat out refuse to. Batman has explained many times why he won't kill but the best answer he has ever given is during Under the Hood. He tells Jason that he want's to end to kill the Joker. However if he does he won't be able to stop with the Joker. He will keep killing. Batman keeps him self in check for fear of what he will become if he starts to kill. Batman does not kill period. Any one who defends that knows nothing about Batman.

Also to guy who said Batman used non lethal force in Batman v Superman. Did we watch the same film. Batman slaughtered a whole lot of people. I mean he was blowing up cars and shooting them full of holes. Batman was just killing left and right in that film.

Questioning wether someoen reads comics or not if they dont share your point of view is a pretty tired argument.
If you need an answer, yes, i have a pretty big collection of batman trades.
That being said, im not defending batman being a killer, i just want to see how its done and what are the reasons. Context is key, and everyone is just so quick to hate and crap on everything.
Its easy, its a cool thing to do to DC, a lot of people just do it for likes and attention.
I dont want to accuse anyone here, but im personally weary and tired of seeing that all the time. I wish people would just keep and open mind and show some bloody patience. And if you still feel the same way, start shooting.

Most live action superheroes kill.

which is why there so many versions & and sort of do overs of show universes. I guess.

Ok I got this for y'all

hqdefault.jpg

DC Daily Ep.26: Interview with TITANS’ Star Minka Kelly

10K views Published on 19 Oct 2018
Today on DC Daily, we talk John Ridley’s THE OTHER HISTORY OF THE DC UNIVERSE starting with a 64-page issue focusing on BLACK LIGHTNING’s rise to becoming a super hero, we reveal who won the Ultimate Batman Studio Tour Sweepstakes, and discuss The CW’s SUPERGIRL latest episode. Plus! We have an exclusive interview with TITANS’ star Minka Kelly!

For even more DC Daily, be sure to subscribe to DC Universe at
source: DC Youtube channel

Questioning wether someoen reads comics or not if they dont share your point of view is a pretty tired argument.
If you need an answer, yes, i have a pretty big collection of batman trades.
That being said, im not defending batman being a killer, i just want to see how its done and what are the reasons. Context is key, and everyone is just so quick to hate and crap on everything.
Its easy, its a cool thing to do to DC, a lot of people just do it for likes and attention.
I dont want to accuse anyone here, but im personally weary and tired of seeing that all the time. I wish people would just keep and open mind and show some bloody patience. And if you still feel the same way, start shooting.

Their is no point of view. Batman does not kill period. Any one who has actually read Batman comic books knows this. To turn him in to a killer changes the very nature of who the character is. You're right as far as the show all we know is that Batman killed we have no context to go buy. There been instances in the comic where people thought Batman has killed but we later find out he didn't. That could be the case with Titans; sadly I fear that won't be the case.

I have mixed feelings on the show which is only reason why I'm still watching. I will probably what season 2 as I want to give them time to correct some things. I like the basic plot line of Dick trying to help Raven. I hate Dick being Robin and not Nightwing but that has more to do with fact he been Nightwing for so long in comics its odd see him being Robin. Their points where I'm sitting their going this so cheesey and overly violent or the characters don't match up with the comic book character. Dick has never been an overly brutal character and especially not to the degree they made him be in Titans. Yet the over all story line has me hooked and for moment I'm willing to over look the things that bother me about it; at least for now.

Lethal force, btw, isn't outright ending someone's life. Boxers & mma fighters wear gloves to not be lethal + a whole host of regulations.
Driving in armored vehicles with weapons capabilities, using shurikens, punching/kicking to put people down = lethal force.

Last edited:
Do actually read the comics at all.

No tv show is aimed at just the comic readers, nor do any tv shows strictly follow comic book continuity.

I think its often very lazy to make Batman a killer.

The Nolan version did constantly heroic things, so using lethal force didnt bother me.

I just find it wierd that after BvS , and after Geoff Johns himself talked about how he thought Mos and BvS were too dark, he himself is involved with this.

I can understand that Snyder wanted to do some sort of redemption story for Batman. But even in BvS it seemed Batman had gone "crazy" because of the death of Robin and because what happened during the Superman/Zod fight. Here it seems Batman has just gone really violent and kills People. I find that a lazy and uninspired take.

Maybe the show will adress this in some Good way, maybe they wont.

I think its often very lazy to make Batman a killer.

The Nolan version did constantly heroic things, so using lethal force didnt bother me.

I just find it wierd that after BvS , and after Geoff Johns himself talked about how he thought Mos and BvS were too dark, he himself is involved with this.

I can understand that Snyder wanted to do some sort of redemption story for Batman. But even in BvS it seemed Batman had gone "crazy" because of the death of Robin and because what happened during the Superman/Zod fight. Here it seems Batman has just gone really violent and kills People. I find that a lazy and uninspired take.

Maybe the show will adress this in some Good way, maybe they wont.
Hopefully they do address it.

2nd ep was good, a step up from the 1st ep. I'm definitely interested with where they are going with this. just wished they released all the eps at once like on Netflix.

btw...…..is that "creepy" family from the comics, too? I'm not familiar with them.

2nd ep was good, a step up from the 1st ep. I'm definitely interested with where they are going with this. just wished they released all the eps at once like on Netflix.

btw...…..is that "creepy" family from the comics, too? I'm not familiar with them.

they were in a episode of Justice league action which was very recent animated series where fire storm battled them and found a peaceful way to deal with them

which got him s spot on the league with his action cause it impressed even batman

Nuclear Family (comics) - Wikipedia
Would definitely recommend their ep against Firestorm on JLA. Don't think they're androids here, but rather just juiced up on whatever the serum is.

they were in a episode of Justice league action which was very recent animated series where fire storm battled them and found a peaceful way to deal with them

which got him s spot on the league with his action cause it impressed even batman

thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"