Titans Titans General Discussion Thread - Part 1

I can't remember specifically, but it was said in one of the previous episodes that Kory's sister was born without powers - she's practically an abnormality within her family.

I agree with everything else you've said.

I can confirm this.

The whole video thing implicating Nightwing/Titans didn't make sense, or rather the response. Batman that I know, would've had the GCPD release a video statement saying Red Hood is a puppet of Scare Crow and this was done to frame the Titans. I can't believe that idea did not come to anyone's mind, especially in an era where pretty much every political video is replied to immediately. Not only would they have shifted the blame put possibly cause friction between Jason and Crane.

And yeah, Donna walking to Gotham didn't make sense nor Bruce's absence.

Last edited:
The big action scene this week. Jason "****ing" Todd hanging out with his pedo uncle. Donna Troy getting jumped by a witch. The random heel turn. This show is a special kind of bad. :lmao:

There will apparently be one good episode this season. The afterlife one, because it was basically Donna and Hank hanging out.

The big action scene this week. Jason "****ing" Todd hanging out with his pedo uncle. Donna Troy getting jumped by a witch. The random heel turn. This show is a special kind of bad. :lmao:

There will apparently be one good episode this season. The afterlife one, because it was basically Donna and Hank hanging out.

Nope, that ain't it.

C’mon this show isn’t that bad. It’s still leagues above Inhumans and Iron Fist, imo.

But it’s still pretty bad.

C’mon this show isn’t that bad. It’s still leagues above Inhumans and Iron Fist, imo.

But it’s still pretty bad.
I didn't watch the Inhumans, but Iron Fist was much better then this. This show goes out of it's way to edgelord, with a straight face. That is what kills me. You can tell they think this stuff is clever and cool. As a watcher of Riverdale, which I feel is the most misunderstood show of the last decade, this show doesn't "get it".

I didn't watch the Inhumans, but Iron Fist was much better then this. This show goes out of it's way to edgelord, with a straight face. That is what kills me. You can tell they think this stuff is clever and cool. As a watcher of Riverdale, which I feel is the most misunderstood show of the last decade, this show doesn't "get it".

Even by replacing 99% of the f-bombs with s-bombs, it would improve this show. The swearing really takes you out of if, especially if you happened to see these characters first in the Justice League: Teen Titans animated film and the sequel to it.

Even by replacing 99% of the f-bombs with s-bombs, it would improve this show. The swearing really takes you out of if, especially if you happened to see these characters first in the Justice League: Teen Titans animated film and the sequel to it.
I see what your saying from a character POV (that most other versions of them have been more PG) but for me personally it more takes me out of a scene when characters don't F-bomb (when you know that's what they really wanted to say) and replace it with some lesser swear

This season i noticed Scarecrow’s scheme is the same as the BTAS episode ‘Never Fear’, and the Jason Todd/Scarecrow partnership is straight out of ’ Arkham Knight’. I wouldn’t have expected these influences.

I see what your saying from a character POV (that most other versions of them have been more PG) but for me personally it more takes me out of a scene when characters don't F-bomb (when you know that's what they really wanted to say) and replace it with some lesser swear

Doom Patrol does it much better.

I atleast liked this week's episode a bit more than last week's but neither one is saving it so far and I'm afraid if it doesn't improve this is going to end on an even worser note than Season 2.

29DbJClfDHEEw6-LF7yOP6XfGie1r-o7k3jK9s5MG2ElqAIVJlq2FB2p2MHm7MPPvRbLuzS9qChbgTg=s1024-nd

Akasan's face says it all. He was so bored by the episode, he didn't even bother to post his reaction on Youtube.

This season i noticed Scarecrow’s scheme is the same as the BTAS episode ‘Never Fear’, and the Jason Todd/Scarecrow partnership is straight out of ’ Arkham Knight’. I wouldn’t have expected these influences.

Makes sense, I am sure after watching this stuff for nearly 3 seasons, that the writers of this show find comic books hard to read, so they use other influences.

After this week’s episode, I’m guessing they will put Dick in the Lazarus Pit. The Nightwing vs Red Hood fight was pretty good. I loved that they show Nightwing as a better fighter. If it weren’t for those meddling citizens! :cmad:

Every week I question why I put myself through this pile of poop of a show....this episode gave me a headache it was just so bad.

After 3 seasons and all these stupid amnesia/vision storylines (thats been Starfires entire arch since the show began) we finally get a glimpse of Tamaran and her homeworld is just as stupid as Earth. What do the writers appear to do? They take the character of Starfire and be like "SIKE! Starfire aint even Starfire! She's actually more like Blackfire." So she wasnt born with powers so her parents stole her sisters powers to give to Starfire and treat Blackfire like the blacksheep of the family only for Blackfire to unintentionally steal her powers back, Starfire to track down a random child, get shot so she can unleash her true power which appears to be black fire which is what Blackfire has in the comics......WHAT? Why are they messing up Starfires entire storyline when they had it perfectly written out for them by Perez/Wolfman?

Dick wants to fight Jason but doesnt want Superboy who is mini Superman to help in the fight because of.....reasons? So he uses....Kryptonite dust? to put him and Krypto to sleep? Fights Jason and gets shot (very popular this season) and beat up by some idiotic Gotham citizens.

Tim has a whole secret lair that his parents didnt know about (why would you use such a huge space just for rice and you never check it out for over a year?) that has internet connection or whatever...he's more Oracle than Oracle.

Why don't Donna and Conner use their superspeed to find the Titans? They are SUPERS, they can handle themselves if someone tries to beat them up. This whole "Titans are separated and cant find each other because the internet is down" is ridiculous.

Yeah unfortunately this show has just gone too far off the rails for me to defend anymore which is what I was afraid of since the beginning and this episode was just lame all around.

I just don't understand what the hell is happening anymore with these characters and the bad decisions they keep making, but wow was this on a whole other level of bad.

I still can't get over how dirty they did Dick Grayson at the end with him getting taken out in such a wimpy way and then to end the episode on that shot of him looking so completely defenseless and weak just rubbed me the wrong way entirely not to mention him getting stomped on by the people of Gotham.

I honestly don't know how I'm going to be able to handle two more episodes of this level of storytelling when it feels like these writers just don't care anymore in the slightest.

I might be the only one that actually enjoys this show :o

Yeah unfortunately this show has just gone too far off the rails for me to defend anymore which is what I was afraid of since the beginning and this episode was just lame all around.

I just don't understand what the hell is happening anymore with these characters and the bad decisions they keep making, but wow was this on a whole other level of bad.

I still can't get over how dirty they did Dick Grayson at the end with him getting taken out in such a wimpy way and then to end the episode on that shot of him looking so completely defenseless and weak just rubbed me the wrong way entirely not to mention him getting stomped on by the people of Gotham.

I honestly don't know how I'm going to be able to handle two more episodes of this level of storytelling when it feels like these writers just don't care anymore in the slightest.

My feelings exactly.

The fight with Dick and Jason was decent but the outside interference caused a distraction finish. If they think this opens up Jason's eyes somehow and turn on Crane and helps defeat him AND he's exepted back in the team, then the writers have to be smoking the same stuff Crane is. I can actually see that happening...

Last edited:
I just saw what happened...holy moly, they havent learned anything by the ****storm they got the last season.
The Disrespect they show those characters over and over again, is baffling.
How can you write key scenes this absolutely awful...and not just once or twice, constantly.

I'm still bemused that a woman with a child managed to drag Kori from the street to her home.

I'll echo what's been said by you guys. We've got the likes of Connor and Donna that don't use their powers. You've got Gotham citizens that're just naive and dumb (believing the Titans to be the bad guys?)

What's more is that ... presumably the likes of Superman, Flash, Aquaman etc exist in this universe, and yet they're nowhere to be seen or found.

I know the show is about the Titans, but c'mon. There's just too many idiotic plot lines here. Writers are but tools.

They're completely ruining the Star/Blackfire dynamic too. For better AND worse.

How nice of those bats to dress Dick up before dropping him in the pit...

I know Bruce "quit" on this show, but I can't believe he would allow all of this to happen.

After Donna saved him, he just suddenly disappears without explanation.

If they think this opens up Jason's eyes somehow and turn on Crane and helps defeat him AND he's exepted back in the team, then the writers have to be smoking the same stuff Crane is. I can actually see that happening...

And here we are. Of course Bruce will probably show up at the end of the finale and kill Jason because why not?

Again, another situation Donna could've solved quicker by using superspeed. And Conner got so brokenhearted/petty he sabotaged the ship?

That whole scene with the bats carrying Dick's body looked so damn silly lol and while I can't be entirely sure I'm betting its something that looked a whole lot cooler in the comics.

Also, I kind of died on the inside seeing what they did with Superboy in this episode. Apart of me doesn't blame him for having the reaction that he did, but at the same time it felt so out of character and mean spirited that it just rubbed me the wrong way almost as much as what they did with Dick in the last episode.

It just kind of amazes me that these writers are all of a sudden crapping on these characters left and right including the ones they got right IMO atleast from the last season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"