Titans Titans - S01E01 - Titans

Ozbridge

Sidekick
Reaction score
Dick Grayson has found a new home in Detroit when a girl named Rachel is brought to him with serious problems. A young woman named Kori Ander wakes up with no memory of who she is.

Alright so I hadn't been impressed with any of the trailers and had some serious doubts about this series. I felt it was likely confirmed when I watched some online reviews--- BUT to my surprise I didn't hate -- or even dislike the first episode. What shocked me the most was the same thing that coming into the series was my biggest "eye roll" -- the casting of Starphire, but shock and amazement her storyline was probably the best one of the bunch. Once I divorce her from the comicbook version and see her as an elsewhere version I really start to like her-- well maybe too early for that, but i'm intrigued by her character. So far so good.

Just saw the first episode! It was really violent, which was a bit much, but I still really enjoyed it! The storylines with Robin and Starfire were interesting. Didn’t like the actress who was Raven, and there was very little Beast Boy!!

Enjoyed the Joker reference.

Yes, rachel actress was very meh to unconvncing in this episode. Great news is that it magically changes in the next one XD

Well, could not even make it through the first episode.

Acting was very sub par.
Starfire looks like trash.

The big thing that turned me off was that Robin fight, bad CG smoke bomb, very bad choreographed fight. I am not a super big fan of Arrow, but at least they know how to make fight scenes look good and this was a big downgrade.

Think WB would take more care with this things after their big screen failures.

Very happy to admit I was wrong on this one.

Only one episode in so not going to get too carried away but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Raven - The actress was pretty likeable from the get go, her power/split personality not too sure how to describe it looks so much better than it did in the first trailer.

Grayson
- I liked the first feel I got off Grayson so far you can see the rub Batman has had on him but he's not an ash. For such a big Batman fan its criminal how little I know about Nightwing so I don't know if the case is from the comics but I liked that it was a nice touch.

Starfire - Of the three of them im probably the least sure about her just now but I think its mainly down to the amnesia angle they are working with her which means I haven't got a sense of who she really is yet.

Beast Boy - Didn't really get anything from him as he was just introduced as the episode ended but the cgi on his transformations was a lot better than expected.

Overall really enjoyed episode 1 looking forward to the next one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"