ei0gekecdiu11.jpg

1x4 Doom Patrol
4tYArjJ.jpg

MbCTumy.jpg

KXHVGf7.jpg

BU6HIAP.jpg
MEDIA]

Last edited:
April Bowlby looking great as Rita Farr. (who plays Elastigirl)
And, from Internet.
Fun Fact: Pixar received permission from DC Comics to use the name ("Elastigirl") in the film "Incredibles" as long as it was not used in the merchandising.
Titans-Season-1-Ep-04-08.jpg

Titans-Season-1-Ep-04-15.jpg

Last edited:
Really enjoyed the episode. Doom Patrol crew is pretty funny! Love how the Robotman looks.

I know it's not saying much, but this was the best episode. I'm actually hyped for the Doom Patrol show. Amazing what happens when the characters are interesting and they cast actors like Brendan Fraser.

ka3iTmi.gif

It was a step up from last week but still not as good as 1x02 imo. It felt completely filler and just to set up The Doom Patrol spin off. The DP designs do look good though but that tiger.....lawd that tiger....PS2 CG realness. I dont know why they select characters who they dont have the budget for.

If this episode is an indication of the Doom Patrol show, this is going to be awesome! Definitely my most anticipated show of 2019 now!

It was a step up from last week but still not as good as 1x02 imo. It felt completely filler and just to set up The Doom Patrol spin off. The DP designs do look good though but that tiger.....lawd that tiger....PS2 CG realness. I dont know why they select characters who they dont have the budget for.
I thought the tiger looked fine.
It isn’t perfect but it works.

The cgi isn’t great but it doesn’t take me out of the story. It’s been serviceable in the relatively small doses thus far.

I thought the interaction between Cliff and Rachel when he finally says “she can stay” was very sweet.

So why isn’t the same actor playing the Chief in the Doom Patrol series?

April Bowlby's the only returning cast member.

That was definitely Matt Bomer’s voice as Larry and we saw Brendan Fraser as Cliff on the images.

Last ep was filler, this was a character-driven treat. I do hope Doom Patrol doesn't end up like Legends of Tomorrow what with Cyborg getting the crew on some mission. There's some refreshing melancholy and horror sensibilities with this gang.
That was definitely Matt Bomer’s voice as Larry and we saw Brendan Fraser as Cliff on the images.
Yeah, they were able to do reshoots. Doesn't take much to dub over and replace photos.

Even though most superhero tv shows aren't good IMO, it is still always cool to see live action versions of the characters I've been reading all these years.

I liked this ep and like others have said I'm interested in seeing the Doom Patrol's show. Still think Cyborg should be with the Titans instead, though.

Decent episode but I’m happy to see they recast the Chief. The one in this episode was an AWFUL actor.

Doom Patrol had Geoff Johns on scripting duties, and while you can easily tell its him, he *does* bring a deft hand towards establishing the entire Doom Patrol team.

I mean, yeah, it is a little heavy handed to exagerrate Rita's shapeshifting issues to full-on "body horror" levels and then introduce her by panning across memorabilia and movies featuring her before settling on the blob-like form she has to reform herself from, or to have Cliff sit down to a dinner he can't eat to try and taste the food vicariously through their guest... But it works to establish the characters very well. And yeah, the swiftness with which Johns had Raven and Beast Boy become friends is another thing that's totally him, but it works!

(Yeah, I did another reaction video set, but this time, I'll just leave a much less obnoxious link: . Oh, and my buddy and I did a longer podcast about the first two episodes: FranchiseWars by Kitchen Sink on Apple Podcasts)

not familiar with Doom Patrol, but I enjoyed the ep.

the only thing I dislike is the visual effect of Raven's soul self coming out of her mouth. looks gross, like she's throwing it up......lol

The progression of each show being better than the last ended w/this episode. To me it was by far the very weakest. I loved the creepy factor happening w/Doom Patrol but something was missing to keep it interesting for me. And the shift from good to bad in the 'doctor dude' was a bit extreme, unless that was initial and a part of that characters' background. I never read Titans so I don't know their history outside of animated cartoons. All in all i'm really enjoying the series so we'll see what Beast Boy brings-- the actor hasn't quite sold me yet. Honestly I was loving the vibe of the three we had so i hope it doesn't change too much. But so far so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"