The Dark Knight Rises Title for the third Batman movie..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ No it doesn't. But a lot of suggested titles haven't sounded good. It's a tough one.

In fact apart from The Batman I've cringed at just about everything.

I quite like 'Gotham', myself.

I do too. It's simple, but it sounds epic at the same time.

Nolan said he was going to do something different with the 3rd film. I always thought it would be neat if they made a Batman film from the citizens' point of view. Batman is already considered a creature of the night. Now he's on the run and considered dangerous. It would be interesting seeing how the Gothamites react to the whole situation. "Gotham" would be an awesome title for such a movie.

How bout Gotham's Finest? Just spitballing here...

How about
THE BLACK KNIGHT

It symbolizes that things have gotten even darker for Batman than at the end of THE DARK KNIGHT.

GORDON
How much more black could things be, Batman?

BATMAN
None more. None more black.

Plus, there could be a scene where whoever the villain is wears Batman down by taking away the things he values piece by piece. eg.

KING TUT
Now stand aside, worth adversary!

BATMAN
'Tis but a scratch.

KING TUT
A scratch? Your arm's off!

BATMAN
No it isn't.

KING TUT
Well, what's that then?

BATMAN
I've had worse.

KING TUT
You liar!

BATMAN
Come on, you pansy!

What do you reckon?

Personally, I'm still waiting for the other franchises to deliver on the promise of BATMAN BEGINS. When will we see Zak Snyder's SUPERMAN STARTS? And of course, Martin Campbell's GREEN LANTERN GETS GOING is in production now.

(with apologies to The Guard for stealing your jokes from 2004).

^ No it doesn't. But a lot of suggested titles haven't sounded good. It's a tough one.

In fact apart from The Batman I've cringed at just about everything.

that was my subjective opinion.

It's going to be very simply, BATMAN.

Batman Begins-The Dark Knight-Batman.

I'd be very surprised if that were the case. It's more likely The Batman, they dont simply refer to him as Batman in The Dark Knight but The Batman, note how many times they say it. it's the logical next step.

That said Nolan has said that from the dark knight onwards no batman film would feature Batman in the title.

I doubt itll be just Batman. Then they would have called 'Batman Begins' that.

Shadow of the Bat still seems like the best choice. So much you can do with marketing while using that title.

"Batman In Space" remains the best title I've heard.

I really think we may hear some Batman 3 news by within the next week the way that WB/DC has been rolling the news out. And I'm sure one of the things is going to be the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"