TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he's helping people, but he dies because he's not willing to let Clark help him. He's not willing to have Clark exposed.

It's very MARVEL-- tying your hero's origin to a primal failure like that.

I wonder what Goyer was thinking. In All-Star Superman

Pa dies of a heart attack when Superboy is distracted by a threat. He only notices he can't hear Pa's heartbeat when it's too late, the lesson being he can't save everyone (despite yelling he can.)

It sounds like Costner Pa is at least partially to blame for his own death... I wonder.

Hmm because thats the vibe im getting from the trailers-Jorel gives the inspirational talk-Jonathan is all about hiding yourself.Is there anything that shows Jonathan supporting clarks heroic side?

Jonathan tells him twice that he needs to discover why he's here, and that he will change the world.

He's also scared of losing him and their last conversation indicates he wants Clark to take over the family farm.

It's not a consistent character arc.

I know this is the spoilers forum, but the last page belongs in the spoilers thread and not in here. If McGuire is the real deal it isnt simple speculation. But I thank you guys for spoiler tagging everything.

Curious about reviews, ran into zod spoilers. Awesome.

I know this is the spoilers forum, but the last page belongs in the spoilers thread and not in here. If McGuire is the real deal it isnt simple speculation. But I thank you guys for spoiler tagging everything.

They're in spoiler tags for a reason :cwink:

Shannon was mesmerizing. He elevates material that is not always worthy of him.

Costner was exceptional, as well.

Yes, based on the trailers it is not surprising that Shannon and Costner are the best ! :yay:

How would you rate Henry Cavill's acting on a scale of 1-10?

Damn you William, now you got me excited for this movie even more. 8 More days!!

But onto the topic, I have another simple one: how was the cinematography and just the overall direction visually?

Remarkable. The flashbacks have the quality of a memory play. The action is super human, but very understandable and the geography is clear. Set design leaves a lot to be desired with regards to Smallville which looks like a set.

Remarkable. The flashbacks have the quality of a memory play. The action is super human, but very understandable and the geography is clear. Set design leaves a lot to be desired with regards to Smallville which looks like a set.

Interesting about smallville since they filmed it mostly on location.

I know this is the spoilers forumbut the last page belongs in the spoilers thread and not in here. If McGuire is the real deal it isnt simple speculation. But I thank you guys for spoiler tagging everything.

Not to be rude, but... emphasis mine.

:up: You sir are awesome.

And I have one more question
Is the black suit and dream sequence with Zod and Superman actually in the final film? And if so, how is that scene?

How is the CGI and how is the acting?

The effects are all top notch. The actors, for the most part, do well to find the characters in a movie that will not stop to take a breath for any reason.

One guy, though...

Mackenzie Grey's choice of a German accent for Jax Ur took me right out of the movie.

The effects are all top notch. The actors, for the most part, do well to find the characters in a movie that will not stop to take a breath for any reason.

One guy, though...

Mackenzie Grey's choice of a German accent for Jax Ur took me right out of the movie.

LOL figures

Yes, based on the trailers it is not surprising that Shannon and Costner are the best ! :yay:

How would you rate Henry Cavill's acting on a scale of 1-10?

When he's allowed to be Superman he is fantastic.

When he has to be sad or confused, he is acceptable.

Not to be rude, but... emphasis mine.
Ha, yeah, seems its still courtesy for the tags, as most have done. Still not the right thread though. But enough from me, I'll get out of this thread for a few pages and let this run its course. Good job on the question taking, from skimming the non-tagged stuff people seem pleased with what you're saying, so thats comforting at least.

How would you rate the movie as a whole on a scale of 1-10 (for someone who hasn't seen any Superman movie apart from "Superman Returns")

Just to quell my own fears...is this shot confirmed to be in the film?

i0TvBktkmEKIK.gif

Very cool of you William. :up:

About how long into the film do we finally see Clark in the suit?

Does it feel like it takes an eternity to get there?

Last one from me: is Lex mentioned beyond the Lexcorp building cameo?

:up: You sir are awesome.

And I have one more question
Is the black suit and dream sequence with Zod and Superman actually in the final film? And if so, how is that scene?

It deliberately evokes Matthew 4: 1-11. One of only two Christ parallels in the film.

One thing I have learned is if you want to be any good at analyzing Superman comics, a classical education is essential.

Check twitter, guys. People are starting their reviews...

The whole Zod thing sound so unrealistic since he is another superpowered kryptonian.I don't think people will buy into it.I think people will look at it as a flaw.Especially if superman wasn't trying to do it.

Odd considering it was Plano Illinois.

John Payne on twitter:

Man of Steel has many great things going for it. The characters are well developed, the story works, and the action sequences are phenomenal. If this is any indication of what DC is capable of producing then it is safe to say that Man of Steel stands as a symbol of hope for the future of films in the DC Universe.

How would you rate the movie as a whole on a scale of 1-10 (for someone who hasn't seen any Superman movie apart from "Superman Returns")

7.75/10.

They'll do better when they don't have such a chip on their shoulders.

Comparisons, so you get a fell for what I like:

Superman 78: 8.5/10
Superman II Donner Cut: 9/10

Superman Returns: 6/10

Batman Begins: 7.5/10
The Dark Knight: 7.75/10
The Dark Knight Rises: 5.5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts