TMOS Set & Official Photo Thread - Discussion Welcome - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cameras are rolling on The Man of Steel. So be prepared to see oodles and oodles (and then some) of pictures taken of Zack Snyder picking his nose, Henry Cavill signing autographs with extras, Amy Adams holding her baby between takes, etc.

This thread is for posting of said pictures and discussion of them. For those who want quick access to strictly pictures, there's a separate thread open for your convenience.

You guys know the rest of the drill. Have fun, stay on topic, be civil to one another (or else!), yada, yada, yada.

Thanks to Kryptonian Warrior for the suggestion.

It would be kinda crazy if Supes at first become friends with Zod, learns of his own past, then stands up to Zod later in the film..
what would be even crazier is to have supes get the suit from zod when they were still friends.

It's weird. I really don't wanna see anything thats happening with TDRK but I wanna know everything and anything about this movie. Maybe it's because I like Superman more or that I know TDRK is gonna be a great film despite fanboys *****ing or because Superman Returns sucked and I want this movie to be ****ing awesome. But im so excited for this film and I need to know more.

Me too...I guess its so i'll know beforehand that I am getting the film that they promise, if that makes sense.
With SR, we could kinda guess, but we didnt really know anything except for the rumors we heard. This time i'm watching the production like a hawk.

I have hundreds of videos and photos that I took today at the first day of filming in downtown Smallville. I will need to edit them and find the best ones and then I will get them up in the next day or two but here are some teasers to hold you over. Let me know what you think.

As always I will post them all online at the following website.
Man of Steel (Photos & Videos of Sets, Base Camps & Filming)

Enjoy!

2011-08-1519-03-L.jpg

2011-08-1519-04-L.jpg

2011-08-1519-44-L.jpg

2011-08-1517-50-L.jpg

It's exciting that they're shooting today for the teaser/trailer. Looks like there's a lot of people there on the main street.

Extras:

29128510150268381932341.jpg

19279710150268379787341.jpg

28662210150268380712341.jpg

(Photos by Andy Schein)

Last edited:
I have hundreds of videos and photos that I took today at the first day of filming in downtown Smallville. I will need to edit them and find the best ones and then I will get them up in the next day or two but here are some teasers to hold you over. Let me know what you think.

As always I will post them all online at the following website.
Man of Steel (Photos & Videos of Sets, Base Camps & Filming)

Enjoy!

I see you got a video of Amy Adams! And is that Zack Snyder in the other car? Thanks for all your hard work.

http://zoncom.smugmug.com/Personal-1/Movies/Man-of-Steel/18363682_DHFqF6#1433229442_WhH6xdx-A-LB

So Lois is going to be a redhead.

Last edited:
I absolutely love how Snyder is challenging fanboy details of a character. Personally, I like the no briefs, I love Fishburne as Perry, and think it's absurd to think Lois can only have black hair.

The above pictures confirm she does not have black hair, OR she isn't Lois at all. Think about it, she had red hair and is filling up a car with Kansas plates. Lana perhaps? Sure it could be a rental, but you never know...

I absolutely love how Snyder is challenging fanboy details of a character. Personally, I like the no briefs, I love Fishburne as Perry, and think it's absurd to think Lois can only have black hair.

The above pictures confirm she does not have black hair, OR she isn't Lois at all. Think about it, she had red hair and is filling up a car with Kansas plates. Lana perhaps? Sure it could be a rental, but you never know...

I wouldn't be surprised if Snyder doesn't go along with the idea of Lois having dark hair, maybe wanting to contrast her look to Cavill's darker hair.

Snyder has confirmed Amy as Lois Lane, as has the WB press release when Cavill's suit pic was released.

It could change.the hair colour I mean. Remember the teaser for the punisher with tom jane? He was blonde in the teaser. Then boom he was beefed up and black hair. Things can change.

she looks fine to me, no worries.

^agreed...I don't get all the fussing over her hair

Her hair color looks natural, and I am sure there has been some Lois Lanes that have been redheaded over the years in the comics. Besides, other than in "Dawn of the Dead", Snyder's films seem to have a certain "glow" or something about them, like the images are filtered. The colors do not look exactly like they would look in person or in just a regular digital photograph. For example, Cavill looks much paler in the release image than he would normally. The colors are somewhat muted.

Sucker Punch had that color effect. A lot of Watchmen had it, and 300, so I wouldn't be surprised if Man of Steel had that filtered look as well.

Lois being ginger actually bothers me more than a lack of trunks.

But as much as I don't like or agree with it, I'm not going to let it spoil my anticipation for the film. Because that'd just be silly... Or so I keep telling myself :p

These are the reasons I don't like it though, if it gets confirmed for sure.

1. I have always thought it looked better in the comics when Lois and Supermans hair was the same colour.

2. Her personality will be attributed to the stereotype of a fiery red head... Which has never been something I saw her as. She's not a fiery red head, she's a raven haired sassy, sneaky, fearless proffesional.

3. They are reintroducing Lois Lane to the world as a red head... My worry is that it will take. And slowly we'll start seeing more and more red heads in the part.

Like I posted in another thread, Joanne Seigel, the original inspiration for Lois Lane, was a red head.

I don't see why people have a problem with this.

Lois being ginger actually bothers me more than a lack of trunks.

But as much as I don't like or agree with it, I'm not going to let it spoil my anticipation for the film. Because that'd just be silly... Or so I keep telling myself :p

These are the reasons I don't like it though, if it gets confirmed for sure.

1. I have always thought it looked better in the comics when Lois and Supermans hair was the same colour.

2. Her personality will be attributed to the stereotype of a fiery red head... Which has never been something I saw her as. She's not a fiery red head, she's a raven haired sassy, sneaky, fearless proffesional.

3. They are reintroducing Lois Lane to the world as a red head... My worry is that it will take. And slowly we'll start seeing more and more red heads in the part.

speaking as a red head and on behalf of red heads everywhere...what would be so wrong with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"