TMOS Set & Official Photo Thread - Discussion Welcome - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great idea, terrible execution. WB needs to do some firing. I mean, jesus christ, they're not even trying. For TDKR they had no talent hacks trying to compose something, now they have no talent hacks who can't even use PrintScreen properly.

And people wonder why our economy is in a bad condition.lol We have companies paying talent-less hacks money to make stuff like this.lol

Keep in mind that a fan did this. Imagine something of this quality with the same concept of Superman humbling himself to human conventions out of respect (being apprehended and shackled by the military) only with this level of care.

eA48z.jpg

If that artist isn't a pro working in the art field, that would be a shame.

Great idea, terrible execution. WB needs to do some firing. I mean, jesus christ, they're not even trying. For TDKR they had no talent hacks trying to compose something, now they have no talent hacks who can't even use PrintScreen properly.

Is this poster meant to be for a theatrical release/sale or just a prize for the fans online?

The reason why it was not flashy are striking and look the way it did.

It's obvious that wb only wanted people to see what was going on in that picture, to get people to think and get people talking.

The release of that picture had MOS trending on twitter and had superman in cuffs trending on yahoo.

Now if they woulda release a flashy picture of superman flying are something it would not have gotten this much buzz

Now when the trailer hit people will be looking for it.

Last edited:
a very controversial poster indeed. hopefully it will create some discussion among the public.

most of the concepts for a superhero movie poster is that a disaster is coming and the superhero is there for us. however we are getting this concept...
the man of steel is a terrorist.

never thought WB is that brave...

Is this poster meant to be for a theatrical release/sale or just a prize for the fans online?

I think both. It's the MoS equivalent of the TDKR poster with Bane walking away from t he broken cowl.

a very controversial poster indeed. hopefully it will create some discussion among the public.

most of the concepts for a superhero movie poster is that a disaster is coming and the superhero is there for us. however we are getting this concept...
the man of steel is a terrorist.

never thought WB is that brave...

I think it's the quality of the image that has people divided not the concept. I like the concept but it does look like a screen grab and they filter it like crazy.

i actually hope it shows up in theatres it is really gonna catch the General audiences eye and make them pay attention

I think it's the quality of the image that has people divided not the concept. I like the concept but it does look like a screen grab and they filter it like crazy.

I agree that the image quality is off putting, but at the same time I get why they did it. It looks more candid, it makes things rough so it's still a mystery how the film will look, and it makes the image moody.

I think their intention was to make people curious and sympathetic to Superman, which is smart since some complain that Superman is uninteresting and unrelatable. The expression on Superman's face makes us feel concerned for a character who can do anything. I think this is a good sign that the movie will bring the audience closer to Kal-El.

I like the new poster; it's a bit of an odd image to present but I think the idea is to get people thinking. It's something we haven't seen before. Why is Superman in handcuffs? Could he just break out of them? Did he lose his powers or is he allowing himself to be captured? Why does the military view him as a threat? All that stuff.

However, that fan made image above is... GLORIOUS. Seriously, that's one of the best manips I've ever seen on this board, or anywhere.

Not digging the poster But I love the suit&hair,Amazing fan poster though!!

Keep in mind that a fan did this. Imagine something of this quality with the same concept of Superman humbling himself to human conventions out of respect (being apprehended and shackled by the military) only with this level of care.

eA48z.jpg

I'll raise you

Finally got around to fixing the foot and made a poster out of the latest Superman manip I put together.
3oJ8U.jpg

After looking at it, that teaser poster is growing on me. Honestly, WB could've improved the quality (i.e. not changing up the color timing and 'grittiness') but I really like the concept. It shows us a Superman we haven't seen before, and it gets people talking.

It's a step forward. If the trailer on The Hobbit is as awesome as the Comic Con sizzle reel was, I think that will eliminate all doubt people had with that first teaser.

After looking at it, that teaser poster is growing on me. Honestly, WB could've improved the quality (i.e. not changing up the color timing and 'grittiness') but I really like the concept. It shows us a Superman we haven't seen before, and it gets people talking.

It's a step forward. If the trailer on The Hobbit is as awesome as the Comic Con sizzle reel was, I think that will eliminate all doubt people had with that first teaser.

The concept is awesome. The picture itself is not the best. The first time I saw this in the CC footage I was floored. I was impressed that they went this direction.

So, the poster is growing on everyone, huh? Big surprise.

I knew it to some people had less to do with the actual poster-design and more with not getting anything new. At all. That's how I partially and initially felt.

The concept is awesome. The picture itself is not the best. The first time I saw this in the CC footage I was floored. I was impressed that they went this direction.

Yeah, the same scene in the CC trailer was clearer and brighter

Yeah, the same scene in the CC trailer was clearer and brighter

Definitely. There is no shadow under his head in the cc footage. I think this scene was restaged when cavill and co went back for promo shots after filming was over. His neck is even smaller. :woot: We figured it out. lol

If they had just released the image without any hoopla it would have been well received.

So, the poster is growing on everyone, huh? Big surprise.

I knew it to some people had less to do with the actual poster-design and more with not getting anything new. At all. That's how I partially and initially felt.

I said the same earlier in this thread, and it's definitely agreed.

The best thing about the picture (aside from what it's conveying and all that) is Cavill himself, imo. Bizzaro skin (due to messed up colors) aside, he really does scream Superman in ways that I haven't seen, well, certainly not in any live action incarnation in the past 25 years.

Basically everywhere that I check out the comments the one positive is that the dude just is Superman. Even seen some people come around. Those who only seen the first bank vault photo and nothing else of course. Because that first photo, admittedly was not the best look for Cavill. The hair (I dig the style they were going for, but it's easier to draw it in the comic than to make it look good and natural on a real person, without it looking all jelly like it did) and all just made it look a bit weird.

Cavill seems to have it all, look, build, presence... hopefully he nailed it. But please, tell me he won't be only sad or angry in the film. Last thing the world needs is 2.5 hours of Superman mopping around feeling sorry for himself. Hopefully Snyder put Cavill's kind nature and smile to good use.

i take it back. i really like the poster and the idea behind it.

As long as you don't blow up the poster it looks great. The quality is just so blurry once you really look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"