TMOS Set & Official Photo Thread - Discussion Welcome - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those asking if this was photoshopped, in a word, yes. Check this out...

Here is the image in question.

M3668H.jpg

Obviously, the base image is the EW cover.

ew-cavill.jpg

The right arm looks like it may have come from this image.

man-of-steel-superman-costume-151.JPG

And the left arm from this one. (though it's mostly obscured by graphics)

Man-of-Steel-Superman-Costume-29.jpg

The chest and parts of the shield appears to have come from this photo.

Man-of-Steel-Superman-Costume-13.jpg

The cape looks to be from this one as well, but they got tricky and flipped it so it's a mirror image of the original.

The top right portion of the shield looks to have been pulled from here.

Man-of-Steel-Superman-Costume-47.jpg

And some bottom portions may have been used from here.

Man-of-Steel-Superman-Costume-48.jpg

All of these images (with the exception of the EW cover) can be found in extremely high resolution in this gallery and this gallery. I could be wrong on some of the specific images used because there are a lot of similar looking shots and angles in those galleries, put I'm 99% sure whatever they used came from there.

They've warped a few things, played with the exposure and lighting, used some filters, airbrushing, and some other standard photoshopping tricks (there's some obvious use of the clone stamp on the right shoulder, just above the "Les 100..." graphic), and covered up some possible telltale areas with text, but all the bits and pieces are there.

Last edited:
Wait.. what? I didnt get the impression it was fake, but the above post sells it I must admit. Damn Europeans... :oldrazz:

I didn't even think about the possibility lol. If they had my lack of pho...well gimp skills everyone would know. *snickers at self* *points at self for sucking at gimp*
547sht.jpg

Last edited:
Btw can people stop commenting in the NO DISCUSSION version of this thread? It gets annoying looking for images. Thanks

With some of the bad manips like mine, I can't wait for new official pics that show how the suit looks filtered on film during light/dark scenes.

I don't think the face is the same in that photo to the EW photo, similar facial expressions but not the same

I don't think the face is the same in that photo to the EW photo, similar facial expressions but not the same

From Zedin at Eyesskyward...

screenshot20121207at924.png

tweaked

studiocinelivesuperman.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, its "fake", whipped up by that magazine, and not official at all. Its all I can see now. So much for new stuff.

Yes, the head is likely from that EW cover, but I see no reason to think the rest of the image is fake (though definitely a lot of filters/adjustments). It looked like they did a head-swap to me right away (there's a "seam" between his neck and the cape). This isn't uncommon, just look at all those Avengers covers from this past Summer, especially RDJ's Iron Man.

Yes, the head is likely from that EW cover, but I see no reason to think the rest of the image is fake (though definitely a lot of filters/adjustments). It looked like they did a head-swap to me right away (there's a "seam" between his neck and the cape). This isn't uncommon, just look at all those Avengers covers from this past Summer, especially RDJ's Iron Man.
I take that part back. Upon closer inspection, they may well have manipped the entire thing. An extreme example, but still not completely unheard of these days.

it could be a photoshop manip for the cover.

but the head is not the same from the EW. its not.

it could be a photoshop manip for the cover.

but the head is not the same from the EW. its not.

The face is exactly the same from the EW. They just changed his hair and added shadows.

It's fake in the sense that it's not a photo taken with one camera shot. It's a digital manipulation. They do this early on when they don't have any official promo photos. I remember Green Lantern having a lot of Photoshop'd heads.

Last edited:
Calling others stupid isn't tolerable behavior. UaalaDan I deleted your first post doing that and now I've had to remove a second post of you engaging in that same type of behavior.

Consider this a general warning.

Next time you do something like this I'll just give you an infraction. It's that simple.

The more I see Henry as Superman, the more my optimisum rises.

I like Henry as Superman, but the French cover looks too Photoshopped and colors look way too saturated. The costume looks great, but the excessive digital tinkering makes it look weird.

They did some wonky editing for his hair for sure, but I don't see anything that makes me think it's fake. The face is eerily similar to the EW photo but there are tons of pictures of Daniel Craig that have the same exact perspective where they were taken on different photo shoots. Lots of actors analyze their faces and practice posing in certain facial expressions and poses so that it looks the best. Also, I've been following this movie since Christopher Nolan becoming involved was just a rumor so I've seen all of the photos. I've also been using Photoshop for 12 plus years and I don't see anything on his suit that's obviously photoshopped...

NotFake.jpg

They did some wonky editing for his hair for sure, but I don't see anything that makes me think it's fake. The face is eerily similar to the EW photo but there are tons of pictures of Daniel Craig that have the same exact perspective where they were taken on different photo shoots. Lots of actors analyze their faces and practice posing in certain facial expressions and poses so that it looks the best. Also, I've been following this movie since Christopher Nolan becoming involved was just a rumor so I've seen all of the photos. I've also been using Photoshop for 12 plus years and I don't see anything on his suit that's obviously photoshopped...

NotFake.jpg

Indeed. I dont know much about Photoshop but the creasing of the fabric at the shoulders is enough for me to believe that this isn't a manip. I could be wrong though if Photoshop can pull this off and look that good.

Edit: Also his mouth on the left side seems to be smiling just a tad more than on the EW cover.

It can be done, and to be fair...the quality of the image is less than stellar, but again...I've seen all of the pictures of the suit and I don't recognize any of the parts that make up that image. I've made manips with different body parts to make up a full image, I've done manips that imitated creases like you see around his shoulders, but if that ends up being a manip then they put some MAJOR work and hours into it. Either that or they modeled it in 3D in order to get everything to line up properly.

This discussion again??? Like I said, Superman Homepage confirmed with WB that this picture is indeed legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"