TMOS Set & Official Photo Thread - Discussion Welcome - Part 9

Discussion in 'Man of Steel' started by Thread Manager, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Yeah, air brushing is something magazines always do if they didn't we'd actually see Madonna's wrinkles lol

2. Kal-El.9859

Kal-El.9859 Trust No One

Just found this on Facebook. ...

[​IMG]

3. G.Godfrey

G.Godfrey Well-Known Member

Fbweekly is not an actual magazine.

In FB (FanBase) Weekly We Love Magazine Covers So Every Week We Create Our Own Covers Just The Way We Like 'Em... Nothing Official! FBW Is Not A Real Magazine, Just A Non-Profit Facebook Page! It's As Simple As That, OK??
    Please be aware that we reserve the right to remove any posting or other material that we deem inappropriate, objectionable, disrespectful or trolling, including profanity and spam/solicitation. We report FB terms violations to FB. All content must be appropriate for children

4. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

I've never heard of that magazine

Is it just me or does the image look better on it?

5. Kal-El.9859

Kal-El.9859 Trust No One

Yeah I know they aren't an actual magazine...just saw it floating around and thought I'd share. Get some input on their version. ..better or worse than the other. I think it's worse. Too much crap on the actual photo

6. Kal-El.9859

Kal-El.9859 Trust No One

The image looks the same to me but I don't like how Man of Steel is plastered on his chest

7. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Yeah I wasn't keen on that

8. DE LA LUNA

DE LA LUNA Well-Known Member

The new image is great! The position suggests power by crossing his arms, but at the same time playfulness(?) with his smirk.

At first I thought they were going for Max Fleischer colors because the yellow looks almost black to me. It would have been interesting, but I'm happy that it's really yellow.

9. I Am The Knight

I Am The Knight Infinity

Feel free to post photo examples of yourself...For comparison purposes, of course...

Why is that gay again?

Not sure what that has to do with anything. It doesn't prove or disprove that the pic is a manip.

Look. It think it's all real. HOWEVER, the head and neck area look a little iffy, and if there's one thing that the TDKR marketing campaign taught me is that WB loves the lazy photoshop, and will reuse and recycle images for the purpose of putting out "new" material. Not sure how or why that started, and with a huge blockbuster like TDKR, but there you go. Just take a look at the main poster for that film, the fake and amateur looking banners, the IMAX poster...

10. Mad Love

Mad Love The Future of Justice

The face is the same. The smirk is the same. It's actually not easy to reproduce the same facial shot so exact, because the subject and the photographer have to remember what their first shot was like.

I don't think you under stood the overlay. It wasn't pasting the pic over. It was using transparency to show the differences between the images. It's clear the face is an exact match.

[​IMG]

Why is his face exactly the same, but his neck is different?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  11. DorkyFresh

DorkyFresh Sum Dum Goy

Except it's NOT an exact match and it IS pretty easy to duplicate the same angle and expression. Again, actors and actresses are always studying their own features to see which angles and expressions make them look best it's no surprise to me if they took a photo that looks very similar to EW's cover. But you can see subtle differences in hisexpression. His brows are a bit more furrowed and his smirk a little more prominent. Nothing PS couldn't do but also not a reason to think it was manipped.

12. Dr.

Dr. Well-Known Member

Yeah. Even supposing that the same lighting, distance, pose and facial expression were coincidentally (?) used in both photos (taken, presumably, months apart), you’d only expect approximate similarities - not uncannily identical details.

13. STARMAN

STARMAN Rebel With A Cause

Since WB owns Entertainment Weekly does that mean they're allowed to photoshop there photo?

If there were brand new photos inside this French magazine then the debate would be quieted.

14. dark_b

dark_b Well-Known Member

i think what could happened is that the facial expression on that photo with the crossed arm was not good enough for a cover. maybe he looked to angry or to happy. so they only replaced the face.

the suit,hair,arms are real from a photoshoot. the face? i think its different but i could be wrong.

15. The Shield

The Shield It's really Happening!

16. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

The smirk is not the same look at them

17. Mad Love

Mad Love The Future of Justice

It's the same. The contrast is fooling you because it hides the mouth crease. My guess is the French magazine had access to the original, unprocessed photo and that's what they started to work with. Remember, both images have been altered from the original raw photo.

18. G.Godfrey

Just a little something I mashed together for fun. I just grabbed the first pic where he posed somewhat similar to the cover photos. Too lazy to bother going through all the photos of him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. G.Godfrey

I mentioned it just in case some didn't know and thought the photo made it to another magazine cover. And as the post below me shows, it didn't hurt to mention it. No other reason for why I pointed it out.

Uuumm, where was arguing that it does, lol?? :huh:

If anything I find it funny how some people around here claim it's fake as if that was a fact, just because they know basic photoshop 101.

20. The Shield

The Shield It's really Happening!

Yup, he still looks like Superman. Good stuff, G.

21. Rust

Rust First Son Of Yesterday

Damn, some super-important discussion going on in here. :dry:

It's the same though. :oldrazz:

22. Kryptonian Warrior

Kryptonian Warrior The Dawn Is Upon Us

Check out his chin in the latest pic. It looks like they rounded it off. In the other pics, his chin is more square. Now I don't know if that is the same pic as the one that was used on the EW cover or not. Quite frankly I don't care as it really doesn't matter. I guess I just don't get all of the back and forth of is it real...is it not? I mean really....who cares?! Anyways, just think, we are getting the trailer next week and we will actually get to see our new Superman speak and MOVE! It's amazing how the simplest of things, like moving, can get me all excited. lol

23. Glassjaw

Glassjaw In training

Haha I love it, one the eve of the trailer dropping, going all CSI on this cover and breakin down his hair colour, chin shape etc, kind of represents how little we've had to go on and how stretched thin any info on this film has been. Compare this to what we'll have to discuss 1 week from now and I can't help but grin.

24. Rust

Rust First Son Of Yesterday

Yeah, well... I think I'm gonna have to stay away from this board the days after the trailer hits. I stress easily. But the internet may cave in on itself at that point anyways... :dry:

25. StarvingArtist

StarvingArtist Well-Known Member

Why the hell do they insist on color correcting the suit so dark, it looks like crap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.