No Way Home To what extent should they acknowledge the memes?

Green Goblin

Crawling on walls
Reaction score
Spider-Man memes have become very popular on the internet, from the Raimi memes subreddit to the 60's animated show. With multiple Spider-Men in this film, including Tobey Maguire's from the Raimi Trilogy, I'm sure Watts and co are tempted to include references, especially given the style of humour used in the two MCU Spidey films so far. Personally, I only want to see a live-action version of this;
45f6c042faac7a0eb8bc37616c3970f1.png

Pizza Time, You Want Forgiveness Get Religion etc is funny but it would be too on the nose for me to see it referenced in live action.

I'd be fine with a pointing meme recreation and them having a Shawarma-esque moment while sharing a pizza, but more than that I think would be overkill and just take me out of the movie.

I won't lie, I'm quite invested in the memes. The pointing one would be fun to see.

Practically none. I wouldn't mind a brief nod to the two Spider-men pointing to each other going "who are you?", but I don't want a bunch of awkwardly written moments possibly derailing scenes just to include obscure memes. Plus the inclusion of memes can easily date the film.

Last edited:
I only want the pointing meme to be recreated, but FFH was a giant meme movie, so who knows how this’ll be.

I may be alone in this, and it may date the movie and affect the rhythm and tempo of it, but, I WANT ALLL THE MEMES!!!!!

srry.

The pointing one for sure, even if Into The Spider-Verse did that already. And at least one Bully Maguire reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"