World Tobey gets engaged

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
Spider-Man star set to tie the knot
April 25, 2006

Tobey Maguire has gotten engaged to long-term girlfriend Jennifer Meyer.

The 'Spider-Man' star reportedly got down on one knee and popped the question over the weekend.

Tobey - who has been romantically linked to his 'Spider-Man' co-star Kirsten Dunst - gave Jennifer, the daughter of Universal boss Ron Meyer, a dazzling Tiffany diamond ring.

The pair have yet to set a date for their nuptials.

Meanwhile, Tobey is in training to reprise his role as the web-slinging superhero for the next instalment of the movie franchise based on the Marvel comic books.

The previous sequel, 'Spider-Man 2', set a new box-office record in the US, grossing £22,25-million (about R241-million) on its first day in cinemas.

It topped the previous opening-day record of £21,61-million, set by the original film in May 2002.

Man is he busy. Wonder if he wore the black suite or the red & blue. ;)

Mazel Tov.

Just don't join the scientologists.

Eating placenta is equivalent to cannibalism.

TheVileOne said:
Mazel Tov.

Just don't join the scientologists.

Eating placenta is equivalent to cannibalism.
You know he was joking when he said that.

Mister Sinister said:
You know he was joking when he said that.
Joke or not, he still acts like a weirdo.

"Fruity little club."

Seriously, what is wrong with that religion? I'm not a scientologist and I don't plan on being one, but I don't know where the complaints come from.

Mister Sinister said:
Seriously, what is wrong with that religion? I'm not a scientologist and I don't plan on being one, but I don't know where the complaints come from.

They censored South Park for one.

For second they don't have any sense of humor.

For third, they are a phoney little cult.

Can someone tell me what Scientology is actually all about?

I went to a scientologists church one time. It's in manhattan. They made me take a test and after I finished, they said I needed some help so I should join their whole thing.

It's a club. There are ranks in the club from beginner to I don't know, super scientologists. The wole thing is based on some book by L. Ron. Hubbard. All I saw at the scientology church was people being extremely nice to each other. they didn't seem too weird at all really.

Whooaa, I think that is for another message board entirely, heh. Scientology is like any other religion (just with weirder origins and thus weirder followers) - they all have their flaws. If you're interested, Google it. Oh, and then watch the South Park episode so you can hear the other side, haha

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs as longs as you don't go hurting everybody. You folks act like Tom Cruise is some kind of mass murderer.A country that has George Bush as president....

Back on to topic, thats good news i wish them
all the best in the future and that they dont go down the divorce route that most celebrity couples do.

jenm3vz.jpg

Look at the cute wittle couple. ;)

it's funny because scientology is considered like a sect in a lot of country, but for you it's a religion

TheVileOne said:
They censored South Park for one.

For second they don't have any sense of humor.

For third, they are a phoney little cult.

^:up: :up:

Nathan said:
Can someone tell me what Scientology is actually all about?
The Lord Of the Galactic Confederation, Xenu, killed millions of ETs because of overpopulation. Their souls, called Thetans were brainwashed with stuff like Jesus and Buddha so they'd forget who they were and entered human bodies.

Xenu put PC chips in everyone that will kill you with pneumonia if you remember you past ET life. Don't worry, the evil Lord Xenu is now imprisoned in a mountain forever for his genocide.

OMG this means Peter and MJ will marry in spidey 3 lol :eek:

;)

TheCardPlayer said:
The Lord Of the Galactic Confederation, Xenu, killed millions of ETs because of overpopulation. Their souls, called Thetans were brainwashed with stuff like Jesus and Buddha so they'd forget who they were and entered human bodies.

Xenu put PC chips in everyone that will kill you with pneumonia if you remember you past ET life. Don't worry, the evil Lord Xenu is now imprisoned in a mountain forever for his genocide.

So when the South Park Episode said, This is what Scientologists actuall believe"., that wasn't a joke?

It's not entirely obvious from these posts so I'll ask directly:

Is Tobey a Scientologist?

Retroman said:
Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs as longs as you don't go hurting everybody. You folks act like Tom Cruise is some kind of mass murderer.A country that has George Bush as president....

Amen brother, way to preach it. However, the reason why everyone is on Tom Cruise about it, is cause the way he goes about it. Its ok to be proud of your religion, and what you believe. But I think its wrong of him to try and make everyone believe in it as well. And if you don't he calls you a moron, or an idiot, or stupid. He has done that in several interviews. I agree with some of what he says concerning medications, but over the years, hes just turned into a nut job. The way he acts in public, the way he was on the Oprah Show. The way hes so open? It could all be a huge publicity stunt. OR it could be that he is just a victim of his own popularity.

Sorry to stray so far off topic... Congrats to Tobey and his new fiance! Tiffany diamond ring? That must of costed a gazzilion dollars cause it has the name 'tiffany' written somewhere on it. WASTE OF MONEY!

jenm3vz.jpg

She´s hot. Congratulations Tobey!

Oh, and I don´t give a **** to scientology.

TheCardPlayer said:

That sounds more like a third-rate sci-fi movie plot than a serious belief, but then again a lot of what religions claim actually happened sound like third-rate sci-fi movie plots...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"