Tobey Maguire IS back as Spider-Man

Discussion in 'Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness' started by marvelboy10, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

So Tobey's Spidey is in this and not Tom's Spidey? How official is this news?

2. ImSGirl95 Doreen Green

This is the same news that first reported Tobey and Andrew being in the movie.

3. marvelboy10 Registered

He IS in both but will have a bigger role in dr strange 2 obviously because of sam raimi

Airwings likes this.
  4. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

No, I meant is Tobey in this film and not Tom at all? You might think Holland would be since he is the MCU Spider-Man, but it seems that Tobey would be the one whisked along for an adventure instead.

5. OB12 Registered

Maybe the purpose of having Tobey the arc of events. Seems that the events of WandaVision lead to an opening of the mulitverse, which plays out in SM3, and then Wanda and Tobey are back in DS2 to try and repair the damage and send him back to his reality. Makes me wonder about Garfield though.

6. The Infernal Mky Mk

Well aside from this now being a Raimi film now, I would guess it's because Strange isn't seeking out Spider-man so he isn't there for this part of the story.

Though I wouldn't be surprised at a cameo from Holland too if it happens, however I would hold off on that if it were up to me because you don't want Dr. Strange 2 to feel redundant next to Spider-man 3.

7. Ctfxcwatcher Registered

Mannnn if you would've told me that Sam Raimi would direct Dr strange 2 nearly 20 years after working on the OG Spider-man AND getting to work with Tobey again....I wouldn't have believed you. Life comes full circle sometimes

Airwings likes this.
  8. Spidey_62 You just don't get it!

So many people were thinking it'd be an impossibility that this could happen, but man the second Feige brought in Sam Raimi and this being a multiverse movie it had to happen in some capacity. Then you take into account the fact that Feige produced the Raimi trilogy, has spoken very highly of SM2 many times, and was originally working to get Tobey cameos in The Incredible Hulk, it only made sense Feige would also want to see this reunion happen. Having him and Andrew also appearing in a Spidey movie proper is icing on the cake.

I feel like Sony is probably pretty happy with how it shakes out because essentially then SM 2002 is retroactively the first MCU movie haha/ or MCU adjacent at least.

The Infernal and ImSGirl95 like this.
  9. Airwings Waves of air

:wow:

Why not make something similar happen later down the line?
    Multiverse will be around for a while in MCU.
    Before he gets too old, bring Norton back. Or something from his Hulk film
    Have Maguire clash with Abomination in a fight.
    Just come up with a story that includes this scene, some point during a film.

EDIT. TIH is MCU, Ramiverse isn't :)

10. thangaran Registered

I am so stoked to see Tobey back! I really hope they make him shine and kick loads of ass!!

11. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

I doubt this is happenin'.