Tobey Maguire IS NOT back as Spider-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Tobey's Spidey is in this and not Tom's Spidey? How official is this news?

This is the same news that first reported Tobey and Andrew being in the movie.

He IS in both but will have a bigger role in dr strange 2 obviously because of sam raimi

No, I meant is Tobey in this film and not Tom at all? You might think Holland would be since he is the MCU Spider-Man, but it seems that Tobey would be the one whisked along for an adventure instead.

No, I meant is Tobey in this film and not Tom at all? You might think Holland would be since he is the MCU Spider-Man, but it seems that Tobey would be the one whisked along for an adventure instead.

Maybe the purpose of having Tobey the arc of events. Seems that the events of WandaVision lead to an opening of the mulitverse, which plays out in SM3, and then Wanda and Tobey are back in DS2 to try and repair the damage and send him back to his reality. Makes me wonder about Garfield though.

Well aside from this now being a Raimi film now, I would guess it's because Strange isn't seeking out Spider-man so he isn't there for this part of the story.

Though I wouldn't be surprised at a cameo from Holland too if it happens, however I would hold off on that if it were up to me because you don't want Dr. Strange 2 to feel redundant next to Spider-man 3.

Mannnn if you would've told me that Sam Raimi would direct Dr strange 2 nearly 20 years after working on the OG Spider-man AND getting to work with Tobey again....I wouldn't have believed you. Life comes full circle sometimes

So many people were thinking it'd be an impossibility that this could happen, but man the second Feige brought in Sam Raimi and this being a multiverse movie it had to happen in some capacity. Then you take into account the fact that Feige produced the Raimi trilogy, has spoken very highly of SM2 many times, and was originally working to get Tobey cameos in The Incredible Hulk, it only made sense Feige would also want to see this reunion happen. Having him and Andrew also appearing in a Spidey movie proper is icing on the cake.

I feel like Sony is probably pretty happy with how it shakes out because essentially then SM 2002 is retroactively the first MCU movie haha/ or MCU adjacent at least.

...and was originally working to get Tobey cameos in The Incredible Hulk

:wow:

Why not make something similar happen later down the line?
Multiverse will be around for a while in MCU.
Before he gets too old, bring Norton back. Or something from his Hulk film
Have Maguire clash with Abomination in a fight.
Just come up with a story that includes this scene, some point during a film.

EDIT. TIH is MCU, Ramiverse isn't :)

I am so stoked to see Tobey back! I really hope they make him shine and kick loads of ass!!

Normally I wouldn’t automatically believe rumors from this site, but….

Last edited:
I feel like Tobey seems less likely than Tom Cruise. But both are firmly in the "probably just a rumor" category in my mind.

Seeing Tobey interact with Patrick Stewart's Xavier would be almost as magical as tobey/garfield/holland tho.

It would be a missed opportunity not to have Dr. Strange wind up in the Raimiverse at some point. I mean...we've got a Dr. Strange movie directed by Raimi involving the multiverse...and a Spider-man universe created by Raimi that is now part of the MCU multiverse, which coincidently already has its own offscreen alternate version of Dr. Strange in it...the pieces fit together too perfectly.

I’d certainly be up for seeing Tobey-Spidey again if he’s in.

I wish someone would change this topic title. Makes it look like it's been confirmed.

Yeah, this thread needs to be removed. Toby's not in this. The only major cameos have been spoiled from the ads aside from 2 others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"