• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Tom Cruise, Joseph Kosinski Circle ‘Go Like Hell’

MrMaooz

Avenger
Reaction score
BREAKING: Oblivion star Tom Cruise and director Joseph Kosinski are looking to work together again. They are circling Go Like Hell for 20th Century Fox. This is the battle between Ford and Ferrari for dominance in the sports car marketplace.

It’s based on Go Like Hell: Ford, Ferrari, and their Battle For Speed and Glory at Le Mans, the A.J. Baime book. The book tells the story of the decision by Henry Ford II to go against Enzo Ferrari’s dominance on the Le Mans track in 1966. Ford challenged Ferrari with a car designed by racer-turned-car designer Carroll Shelby. It plays out like The Right Stuff on the race track as Ford was able to turn around its fortunes in the sports-car marketplace, elevating the automaker’s fortunes under Lee Iacocca. This is early days, but it’s a cool project. Jason Keller was among the scribe who’ve done drafts. CAA reps Cruise, Verve reps Kosinski.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/tom-cruise-joseph-kosinski-circle-go-like-hell/

Sounds cool, but how many things is Kosinski attached to now?

Kosinski, don't direct this. DIRECT THE NEXT TRON.

:o

Screw Tron. It's all about Fast and Furious...in the 60's. :o

I thought this might be about the Mustang at first, sounds pretty interesting though and I imagine Kosinski can come up with some visually stunning racing sequences.

Tom feels the need, the need for speed...again.

Tom wouldnt even need a car. He would just win all the races on foot.

I still hope Tron 3 is his top priority. :csad:

...either way, whatever Kosinski ends up directing, I'll be there opening night. :up:

I'll be there to see whatever he directs.... As long as it's Tron 3. :p

i call Kosinski's stuff iMovies.

hopefully his next will break that mold.

Damn it, is this a movie featuring Caroll Shelby and AC Cobra? In that case, count me in.

Brad Pitt Courted to Join Tom Cruise in 'Go Like Hell' (Exclusive)

Brad Pitt might be re-teaming with Tom Cruise for their first feature together since 1994’s Interview With the Vampire.
The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Pitt is being courted to star alongside Cruise in Go Like Hell, Fox’s racing movie based on Go Like Hell: Ford, Ferrari and Their Battle for Speed and Glory at Le Mans, written by A. J. Baime.
Cruise is attached to portray car designer Carroll Shelby in the project, which has Joseph Kosinski (Oblivion) in the director’s chair.
Lucas Foster and Alex Young are producing the true story of the competition between the Ford Motor Company and Italian sports car designer Enzo Ferrari, which culminated at the 1966 Le Mans race.
Pitt was attached to star in the project when it had Michael Mann on board as director back in 2009. He remained interested in the project and has had talks with the new team. With Kosinski supervising the writing -- brothers Jez and John-Henry Butterworth have written a new draft -- a new script is in the actor’s hands.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/brad-pitt-courted-tom-cruises-666348

Tron: Legacy' Director Joseph Kosinski Signs With CAA (Exclusive)
Borys Kit said:
Kosinski broke through with 2010’s visually stunning Tron: Legacy, following it up with his dream project Oblivion, the original sci-fi tale that starred Tom Cruise and was based on a story by the director.

The two movies grossed $686 million worldwide and Kosinski was developing a Tron sequel as well as a big-screen version of The Twilight Zone.

He was working on the Fox racing movie Go Like Hell, which was aiming to reunite Cruise and Brad Pitt, but development on the project may have slowed, according to sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"