Tom Hanks in Greyhound

terry78

My name is Stefan, sweet thang
Reaction score

Real life account of Ernest Krause, first time commander of a WW2 ship who finds himself and his crew pursued by a multitude of German U-boats.

Something about this looks a little cheap and Emmerich-esque for some reason.

Is this the first time Tom Hanks has written a movie?

Also I can't quite take Hanks seriously saying hard-ass lines like "we'll rain hell down from on high".

I'm a huge WWII buff though, and there's not many about the war in the Atlantic, so I'll check it out.

Is this the first time Tom Hanks has written a movie?

He also wrote this beautiful movie!

51y8PzjUKiL._AC_.jpg

And this NOT beautiful movie...

71YUAf3HFvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Yeah horrible title. People are going to think it’s about the bus line

Tom Hanks + boats = possible death.

He already played the conductor in Polar Express.

Sounds intriguing... But I can't lie... I thought this was going to be like a Sully story only with Hanks as the driver of a bus.

Hahahahaha yeah I thought the same thing.

Damn, now I want to see a gender-swapped remake of SPEED where Hanks drives the bus and Charlize Theron is the cop.

No disrespect to but I would love to see Tom Hanks return to his roots and do some more comedy.

I'd have to agree. As much as I love Hanks and as great as he has been in films like Captain Phillips, Sully and A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood I really do miss seeing him in stuff like The Burbs, Big or even stuff like Bachelor Party which I always found to be a criminally underrated film.

The closest he's come to doing comedy is the Toy Story movies and shorts. You can hear in his Woody that he still has it in him.

I'd have to agree. As much as I love Hanks and as great as he has been in films like Captain Phillips, Sully and A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood I really do miss seeing him in stuff like The Burbs, Big or even stuff like Bachelor Party which I always found to be a criminally underrated film.
Bachelor Party was a great funny movie. I always loved that movie. I wonder if he ever addressed the topic of returning back to comedy movies.

He still dabbles in comedy here and there with The Ladykillers and Larry Crowne.

He also has a lot of comedic moments in Catch Me If You Can, The Terminal, Charlie Wilson’s War, and A Hologram fo a King.

I guess his last slapstick comedy (albeit dark) was Ladykillers.

Sad. But then the trailer didn’t look too great. I guess they didn’t feel it was worth it.

I would have made it to the theater but won't get another streaming service to see this

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"