Finch

Amblin Entertainment will produce the tale of the last man on Earth who is slowly dying and must teach a robot to care for his dog after he passes.

Hanks and Zemeckis are an ideal duo for this kind of sci fi material.

Caleb Landry Jones to Co-Star With Tom Hanks in Amblin’s ‘Bios’ (EXCLUSIVE)

Caleb Landry Jones is set to join Tom Hanks in Amblin Entertainment’s sci-fi pic “Bios,” sources tell Variety.

Jones will be playing the robot in the motion-capture role.

Miguel Sapochnik, who helmed the Emmy-winning “Battle of the Bastards” episode of “Game of Thrones,” will direct with Craig Luck and Ivor Powell penning the script.

After appearing in three Oscar favorites (“Get Out,” “The Florida Project,” and “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri”), Landry Jones stayed busy in 2018 with several movies hitting theaters, including “Tyrel,” “To the Night,” and “Welcome the Stranger.” He also appeared in Showtime’s revival of “Twin Peaks.”

Interesting.

Apple Lands Another Tom Hanks Film: ‘Finch’, Formerly Titled ‘Bios’ – Deadline

Apple Original Films won a very competitive weekend auction among streamers to land the Tom Hanks-starrer Finch, an Amblin Entertainment sci-fi film that previously carried the title Bios and was originally intended to be released by Universal. It will now be released on Apple TV+ later this year, likely in awards season, with a qualifying theatrical run at least in the cards.

In Finch, a man, a robot and a dog form an unlikely family, as the man tries to ensure his beloved canine companion will be cared for after he’s gone. Hanks stars as Finch, a robotics engineer and one of the few survivors of a cataclysmic solar event that has left the world a wasteland. Finch, who has been living in an underground bunker for a decade, has built a world of his own that he shares with his dog, Goodyear. He creates a robot (played by Get Out‘s Caleb Landry Jones) to watch over Goodyear when he no longer can. As the trio embarks on a perilous journey into a desolate American West, Finch strives to show his creation the joy and wonder of what it means to be alive.

Sounds great, but it needs more Chet Hanks! I need a father and son road trip movie starring Tom Hanks and Chet.

He should have said it was gonna be a white boy summer.

Chet Hanks pushes the limits for what it means to be Tom Hanks. He threatens to snap each time Chet does something. I'm telling you, it's a hilarious sitcom in the making!

I wish they kept the name Bios . It just sounds better... Now I'm thinking this is the Mank version of a David Fincher biopic.

He should have said it was gonna be a white boy summer.

Chet Hanks pushes the limits for what it means to be Tom Hanks. He threatens to snap each time Chet does something. I'm telling you, it's a hilarious sitcom in the making!

Can it end in a fight between Chet Hanks and Colin Hanks. There can be only be one true son of Hanks.

Changed the title of the thread.

I always thought, that Finch was the most interesting character in American Pie. Hope it explains the background story, why he could only **** at home

Finch - Apple TV+ - Trailer 1 - 4K UHD - Subtitled in 20 Languages

Last edited:
Looks alright. I bet the film is better than the way they cut this trailer.

Kind of sad to see Tom Hank’s last few films all go direct-o-streaming. Especially News of the World which was very good.

Apple also sucks in that they never release their films in physical form. Still waiting on Greyhound.

I’m pretty sure News of the World went to theaters when it came out, but I think most of them were shut down at that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"