Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight Rises' started by Thread Manager, Aug 30, 2012.

1. A Necessary Evil

A Necessary Evil One. Bad. Day.

Lol at anyone thinking bane was done well in arkham.

Tom hardy's bane was a fantastic representation, and even felt like he had some sort of jamaican accent in scenes (I didn't see da liiightuntil I wasa man!); and yes, I know bane's a Spaniard in the comics. It will be a long time before someone is that awesome, scary, and imposing on screen again.

2. Travesty

Travesty Well-Known Member

Where has anyone said that Bane was amazing in the Arkham games?

3. A Necessary Evil

Just skimmed the topic, and read something about bane and arkham. Thought someone brought it up :o

4. the_scream

the_scream Well-Known Member

I said people are praising the Arkham games and characters not specifically Bane.

5. Tacit Ronin

Tacit Ronin Well-Known Member

Surely people are praising the story of characters of Arkham by video game story and characterization standards? Because by film standards it is pitiful. Far worse than this film even.

6. The Batman

The Batman The Dark Knight

To act like Arkham got it better or worse than Nolan is laughable.

Arkham City's Talia is ten times better than Nolan's version, and anyone who actually cares about the character would agree, IMO. However, to say the Bane in the Arkham games is better than Nolan's Bane is flat out ridiculous.

And I'll say this for the Batman in the video games...while he was supposedly invincible, its no worse than a Batman who's villains were mostly a step ahead of him until the last minute, like in the last two Nolan films.

7. Nathan

Nathan ...

Has this been posted yet? :funny:

[YT]AXpcYvnV6GY[/YT]

8. Cunning Stunts

His accent wasn't even remotely close to Jamaican. He based it off of the boxer Bartley Gorman, who he claimed had a "Romani Gypsi" feel to his voice.

9. JackWhite

JackWhite Third Man

lmfao at Bane sounding Jamaican. But yeah, there was a weird ethnic quality to Bane's voice when he said words like "Body".

10. A Necessary Evil

Yeah, and the set photos that were leaked around this time last year totally killed the end twist. Lol

Well not jamaican. Just kinda...I can't really place it.

11. JackWhite

JackWhite Third Man

I wasn't pointing and laughing at you. Just thinking about Bane saying his lines with a Jamaican accent made me laugh out loud.

:cwink:

12. Just_Human

Just_Human Well-Known Member

That particular quote about the light did sound Jamaican

13. DoomsdayApex

DoomsdayApex Well-Known Member

The accent was fictional. Hardy based it on a bare-knuckle Boxer and studied European and Caribbean dialects to get down Bane's unique voice.

I loved it. Tom's interpretation was aristocratic and keen.

14. Brother Jack

Brother Jack Believer

Bartley Gorman is Irish. There's an obvious European flavor to the voice but it seemed to me to be a mix of a lot of different accents. There are times I can hear the Caribbean influences in it.

15. AnneFan

AnneFan Hathaway #1

Yep, I don't understand his thinking in regards to the Titan containers side mission especially.

16. DoomsdayApex

DoomsdayApex Well-Known Member

Everything about Bane in the Arkham games was an abomination.

*shivers*

17. Omegabat

Omegabat Well-Known Member

She seemed like she was pretty close to Grant Morrisons current take on her,ofcourse she was nothing like classic Talia.Whether that's good or bad I dunno but classic Talia makes me think of Bella Swan.

18. Omegabat

You mean in TAS where he was initially just a stereotypical luchadore with a laughable costume,fighting style and accent? while they did improve him later on in that universe he was still nothing more than just any other guy whom Batman had to pulverize.No interesting backstory,personality, presence etc.Or are you referring to "the Batman version" where he was just a crappy Hulk ripoff? same goes for Brave and the Bold.He was a pushover in Young Justice and JL Doom so how exactly is he so great in animation?

Ofcourse the comics Bane is better duh,but even comics Bane has had hiccoughs,I mean take a look at his new-52 version from the Dark Knight series.

19. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

Well I could understand him wanting all the Titan for himself considering it was made from the venom taken from his blood. But it was how all he did in the game was ask Batman to help him get them all, then get so laughably defeated by being clumsily trapped behind a flimsy metal elevator gate we all know he could tear down in a heartbeat.

Paul Dini must have something against Bane.

20. AnneFan

AnneFan Hathaway #1

His defeat was absolutely weak and he looked like a bone head. I thought it was odd he asked Batman in the first place when he could have had all of the containers to himself without Batman destroying the other half, and then ultimately all of them.

21. Travesty

Travesty Well-Known Member

Obviously, you don't like Bane's characterization, aside from Nolan's.

22. Omegabat

So what exactly am I supposed to like about the Arkham,Brave and the Bold and The Batman versions of Bane?

TAS Bane was laughable in his debut,watch his fight with Bruce.They were using clothlines,irish whips,dominators and Leg scissors.

They improved him later on but he still just a simple minded thug,same goes for JL Doom.

Young Justice Bane was a pushover.

So yeah Nolan's Bane wins cause they managed to incorporate many aspects of the character from the comics.

We got Knightfall(breaking the Bat,taking over Gotham)
    Bane of the Demon/Legacy(wanting to lead the League and continue Ra's legacy)
    Secret Six(his relationship with Talia was reminiscent of his relationship with Scandal Savage)
    He was raised in a prison,presented himself as a revolutionary(the people of Santa Prisca view him similarly)

Nolan's Bane was the MOST accurate Bane and dare I say more closer to the source material than any other character in the trilogy.

23. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

He was basically setting himself up there. Batman saw right through his BS. "I knew I couldn't trust you, Bane. So I used you instead".

Jim Gordon wins that title. With Joker in second place: http://www.jokerfans.blogspot.ie/

Catwoman would be a close third.

24. Baneis8feettall

Baneis8feettall Half face half amazing

What TDKR did taking Bane's best stories and putting into story not exactly but similarly like they did same with other characters. Nolan's Batman story/characterizations are quite faithfull even they are visually different.

It's like comics collage combined with Nolan's own style.

25. A Necessary Evil

Bane's movie costume is cooler than the comics anyways.