The Dark Knight Rises Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Old man ra's did give bats a hell of a fight tho. Not sure how one can deny this. If we extrapolate this to the current discussion, the argument that he would simply run over bane in his prime seems rather silly.

I just looked over this threads past few pages, and I see no indication that anyone said that TDK Bats would beat Bane easily, just that they felt he would beat Bane. It'd do either character little justice if that fight was a walk for Batman.

I just looked over every post involving the keywords "bats" "bane" "beatdown" "prime" from the last 3 months and it's been suggested at least a dozen times the prime batman would walk over bane. So there.

I'm not talking about you, Van. Not only did you say outright "I think this thread is Batman and Joker fans stroking their ego", but you've actually tried to come at this from an objective manner. Other guys are essentially trying to say what you did, while trying to sound as objective as you are. But they clearly have a bias in the discussion that they try to act like they're above, so it just comes off as hypocritical and essentially "let me vent cause they dont agree with me".
Ok, fair enough and understood.

And I'm sorry about that "I think this thread is Batman and Joker fans stroking their ego" thing (and that goes out to everyone), it was rather OTT of me in hindsight.

We're cool though, right?... :cwink: :D

Last edited:
I just looked over every post involving the keywords "bats" "bane" "beatdown" "prime" from the last 3 months and it's been suggested at least a dozen times the prime batman would walk over bane. So there.

....All this is showing me is that you like to make irrelevant statements. The people in this incarnation of the debate did not say Bats would easily beat Bane. I don't care about the people from the last 3 months...because I would've addressed those people...over the last three months. I'm gonna leave it at that, because you've reminded me of the futility of having a discussion with you.

And I won't even mention how sad the "So there" part was.

Ok, fair enough and understood.

And I'm sorry about that "I think this thread is Batman and Joker fans stroking their ego" thing, it was rather OTT of me in hindsight.

We're cool though, right?... :cwink: :D

Of course, man. Like I said, I like that you tried to see it objectively. And your point about there being no actual fair fight between them is spot on.

Last edited:
....All this is showing me is that you like to make irrelevant statements. The people in this incarnation of the debate did not say Bats would easily beat Bane. I don't care about the people from the last 3 months...because I would've addressed those people...over the last three months. I'm gonna leave it at that, because you've reminded me of the futility of having a discussion with you.

And I won't even mention how sad the "So there" part was.

Of course, man. Like I said, I like that you tried to see it objectively. And your point about there being no actual fair fight between them is spot on.

Lol relax broseph it was a joke. Obviously part of your manhood is reliant over batman being superior to bane but really you should recognize this really isn't that serious and try to have some fun with it. Stressing over stuff like this when having to worry about real life too can just be too damn much.

Lol relax broseph it was a joke. Obviously part of your manhood is reliant over batman being superior to bane but really you should recognize this really isn't that serious and try to have some fun with it. Stressing over stuff like this when having to worry about real life too can just be too damn much.

128987419007161237.jpg

Gifs... great for avoiding intelligent discourse since 2010. As if the bane/ batman dick measuring contest was so much more entertaining.

Gifs... great for avoiding intelligent discourse since 2010. As if the bane/ batman dick measuring contest was so much more entertaining.

[YT]QAm7859bITE[/YT]

Oh look it's my shadow. If you only knew how your witticisms and anal retentive ness was thought to be trite and overwhelmingly boring by oh so so so many more than just me....

batbax, didn't you just get off a stint on probation? You're going to land yourself another one if you keep on insulting members here.

batbax, didn't you just get off a stint on probation? You're going to land yourself another one if you keep on insulting members here.

Damn. Maybe he should realize that it really isnt that serious and try to have some fun with it.

Stressing over stuff like this when having to worry about real life too can just be too damn much. :o:woot:

What I liked about Bane and his underground army, is the message it gives us. Gotham had experienced eight years of peace, and people became complacent. Gordon told Foley about what was gong on, yet it wasn't taken seriously until the police were trapped. You can nip things in the bud early, but if you let them go, they become out of control.

Last edited:
Finally heard what it sounded like for the prologue vs the final film, and without question I prefer the ADR'd version. Not just for clarity, but for performance. It gives the character a very interesting and unsettling feeling.

I wonder where he got the idea for the accent and the "Singing" of his voice. He sounds completely different from his voice.

I wonder where he got the idea for the accent and the "Singing" of his voice. He sounds completely different from his voice.

Tom Hardy claims the voice inspired by Bartley Gorman, who had a "Romani Gypsi" accent. He was an Englishman of Welsh and Irish decent who gained a lot of notoriety in "illegal gypsi boxing", where he likely picked up the odd inflections.

Awesome info! thanks!

i'll definitely look into this Gorman person. I appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"