Tom Hardy to play Sir Ernest Shackleton

My brain processed this as Rusty Shackleford and I gotta say I'm a touch disappointed it's not the case.

I'm guessing he's a big deal everywhere but here in the states.

Incredible story of survival. Should make a great movie!
There was an excellent and award winning UK TV version of the story some years back, with Kenneth Branagh as Shackleton.

Mel Gibson will actually be playing Shackleton.

View attachment 31658

Apparently this may have been fake news.
I feel like 75% of the time Tom Hardy is set to play someone in a biopic these days it doesn't end up happening. Shackleton, Elton John, and who knows when that Al Capone biopic is ever coming out.

You know who I really want to see Tom Hardy play? One of the most legendary alcoholic actors of all time, Oliver ****ing Reed.

ede0c0e593793d1202bdfc49b103652c.jpg

I feel like 75% of the time Tom Hardy is set to play someone in a biopic these days it doesn't end up happening. Shackleton, Elton John, and who knows when that Al Capone biopic is ever coming out.

He was also supposed to play war photographer Don McCullin.

He should play Orson Welles in a biopic.

He should play something, ANYTHING, where he's not trying to wow us with his vocal abilities, accents or patois he can generate, stop the Meryl Streep Fan Club President bull**** and stop trolling us with these voices.

He should play something, ANYTHING, where he's not trying to wow us with his vocal abilities, accents or patois he can generate, stop the Meryl Streep Fan Club President bull**** and stop trolling us with these voices.

That’s why I think Warrior remains one of his best performances. It seems one of the most unaffected and natural, like he’s just being the character.

He should play Orson Welles in a biopic.
He should play Hemingway during an alcohol binge while lost in the woods a la The Lighthouse or Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"