Homecoming Tom Holland IS Peter Parker / Spider-Man - Part 1

They laughed off one tiny bit of the article (both denied that they didn't take a vacation together, though Tom joked that the press tour counts as a vacation), but neither denies the fact that they are dating.

Off the top of my head I recall Tom spent Thanksgiving with her big family (they started filming together only 5 months before that), he wore her clothes to press a few weeks ago and last week he went to a workout session with her mom (yes I follow both of them and their parents on IG...)

They can totally be just freinds though, but both are dating someone and if that someone isn't each other then their SOs are quite generous...

So because of the dating rumour today Tom and Z drove around LA and were followed by paps, probably tried to catch them with PDA. That's a violation of privacy law, not to mention the pap was taking photos while driving which could be dangerous to themselves and others.

I myself follow both on IG and TW which is admittedly a bit creepy but I never leave an inappropriate comment let alone stalking them.

How is taking pictures of people in public a violation of privacy laws? You don't have an expectation of privacy when in public.

( Traffic laws, now? Those are a different story, guy should get the book thrown at him for that. )

Its not a violation of privacy laws, but it is a violation of privacy and extremely skeevy.

A guy and girl can be driving around in a car together without dating each other.

Also, do we even know Tom Holland likes girls?

I don't approve of paparazzi photography at all, but that's basically what these two have signed up for if they want to be big stars. I'm not saying it's OK, but it's something that's part of the reality of fame and stardom.

Paparazzi are weird. As if driving or walking around is any cooler because these guys are famous.

Paparazzi are parasitic life forms, but they're fed by the people who get excited by "zomg Tom Holland walked down the sidewalk!!!111"

Trust me guys, they're dating, they've been dating since late last year. It's been down low until now.

Anyone see that article that apparently it was Pascal behind the 'leak' that they're dating? Apparently because Homecoming isn't performing to Sony's expectations they decided to start the dating rumor to generate hype (Tom & Z supposedly weren't in on it and were upset)

Pretty scummy thing to do if it's true

I'm not sure that's true, but it wouldn't be surprising if Spider-Man: Homecoming wasn't performing to Sony's expectations.

Just being honest guys, Sony made this deal with Marvel because the Spider-Man movie franchise was in bad shape and not making very much money for them. They made this deal because they wanted a huge increase for the next Spider-Man film. Instead it's only going to be a marginal increase; despite the good reviews.

And yes this film did get great reviews, but that doesn't help the bottom line of a struggling movie studio like Sony. They did this deal to get some big returns, and Homecoming isn't quite pulling it off.

Think about this. Amy Pascal and Sony were aiming for Amazing Spider-Man to get at least a billion. It didn't do that. Homecoming's not coming close to that number either.

That being said, I don't buy that rumor about Holland/Zendaya at all.

Paparazzi are parasitic life forms, but they're fed by the people who get excited by "zomg Tom Holland walked down the sidewalk!!!111"

Exactly. They only exist because people eat this stuff up. If something sells, if something gets attention, yeah, they're going to keep doing it. Not that I like it or approve of it at all, just telling it like it is.

We as a people are almost always to blame. That's what I'm learning.

/depressing rant.

In Zendaya's snapchat Tom seemed really angry, he called the pap "motherf***er" and said that the pap chased them for 20 minutes and even stopped in the middle of the freeway to take pictures of them.

I also find it strange that if friends and even the movie cast decided to sell their story to press that person chose to leak in the first week of release.

Paparazzi are really out of control. They endanger people all the time in traffic situations, and they killed Princess Diana and then their snap reaction to causing a fatal accident was to get out and take pictures. They're among the lowest scum sucking bottom feeding life forms on the planet.

And for what? OMG a picture of Zendaya and Tom Holland riding in a car!! Like, really? That's a hot news story?

No matter the situation. We should probably pray for Tom as he might've gotten involved in some serious drama with Amy pascal about Homecoming's Box Office. And Seriously, why would he want to have pictures taken of him by scumbaggy paparazzi anyways? And I really don't think Homecoming's box office should affect it's reputation either! It's great!

Last edited:
Why would he get in trouble with Pascal about the box office? He and Keaton are the most universally praised aspects of the film, so she'd be pretty dumb to blame him for it.

Then again it's Pascal we're talking about.

How do you think she might've been mad at him? She was the one that got this amazing landmark deal to bring Spidey into the MCU in the first place!

You were the one suggesting he might be in "serious drama" with her. I said, given Holland's performance is near universally praised even in middling or negative reviews, it's be foolish for her to hold him responsible for any box office shortcomings.

OTOH, much that Sony has done would be foolish, so. . . I don't think Holland should worry about such, because there's not really anything he can *do* about it. If Sony decides to have a fit of madness, it'll happen regardless of any reasonable action Holland takes or doesn't take.

I'm not sure that's true, but it wouldn't be surprising if Spider-Man: Homecoming wasn't performing to Sony's expectations.

Just being honest guys, Sony made this deal with Marvel because the Spider-Man movie franchise was in bad shape and not making very much money for them. They made this deal because they wanted a huge increase for the next Spider-Man film. Instead it's only going to be a marginal increase; despite the good reviews.

And yes this film did get great reviews, but that doesn't help the bottom line of a struggling movie studio like Sony. They did this deal to get some big returns, and Homecoming isn't quite pulling it off.

Think about this. Amy Pascal and Sony were aiming for Amazing Spider-Man to get at least a billion. It didn't do that. Homecoming's not coming close to that number either.

I suppose it would be too much to hope Pascal and/or Sony scrap their non-Spidey/Spidey universe and just sell off Spidey wholesale to Marvel if they're disappointed with Homecoming?

rolls in here to share something.... sees Pascal's name again :whatever:

anyway just wanted to say that i just stumbled on this little gem :woot: yeah im late to the party but hey this is a classic ok?

... or maybe some of you hates it but hey it makes me happy after a long and difficult day ok? ever since Holland got cast this kid has always made me laugh with his antics

[YT]jPCJIB1f7jk[/YT]

Tom's performance in Homecoming is so wonderful. That rubble scene nearly broke my heart. I felt Peter's surprise and fear during his scenes with Keaton. I felt Peter's joy as Spider-Man. I felt the anguish and sadness when he lost the suit.

Actually, his Civil War performance got me so hyped for Homecoming. I knew then that I would watch and love this movie based on that. I didn't watch any trailers because I really want to go blind and enjoyed the movie so much. Watched the trailers later and boy did they spoil a lot.

Tom captured the perfect balance of youthful enthusiasm, naivete, growing up pains, sense of responsibility and heroism very well. I look forward to all his next Spidey adventures.

It's the second reboot of the franchise in less than 5 years. It's critically and public acclaimed and it's getting to $300m+ in the next few days domestically. It still has yet to open in both Japan and China, and it looks like it's going for $800m+.

It was never about setting the box office on fire (although it actually has an outside chance of becoming the highest grossing superhero film worldwide this year), it was about restoring the brand to build a foundation going forward. Feige has gone on record saying that Spider-Man will be central in Phase 4, Spider-Man's sequel is the next film after Avengers 4.

They are obviously thinking about the long game in my opinion, and it was the right call. We'll get to see Spidey grow up as one of the most important superheroes in the MCU, so yeah, Sony and Marvel Studios are obviously satisfied.

They laughed off one tiny bit of the article (both denied that they didn't take a vacation together, though Tom joked that the press tour counts as a vacation), but neither denies the fact that they are dating.

Off the top of my head I recall Tom spent Thanksgiving with her big family (they started filming together only 5 months before that), he wore her clothes to press a few weeks ago and last week he went to a workout session with her mom (yes I follow both of them and their parents on IG...)

They can totally be just freinds though, but both are dating someone and if that someone isn't each other then their SOs are quite generous...

You are correct, they've been dating since October/November. People magazine is a source who only reveal when a celeb couple is dating once they have gathered all the facts, so they won't ever apologize/backtrack even when celebs deny the claims unless they got it really wrong. People magazine is also used by celebs to announce breakups and divorce statements there is legitimacy with that magazine, they have clout; I would say most people who follow Tom and Z could tell they were dating, they'd also realize People magazine sat on this story for months and waited until the release of the film so that they can get double the hits/views.

Tom and Z should be so lucky that People magazine waited around to release this info cause even if paps are circling them, the fact that Tom and Z denied the one bit in the article, and are keeping their relationship a secret have shown that the general consensus for the individuals who read the article is that they think it's a pr relationship (i.e fake relationship) that exists to promote the movie and possibly the franchise.

Plus if you have been following Tom and Zendaya, you know that a couple of people on Zendaya's "crew" have purposely been leaking "Tomdaya" info and that means Z needs to cut them off.

Last edited:
rolls in here to share something.... sees Pascal's name again :whatever:

anyway just wanted to say that i just stumbled on this little gem :woot: yeah im late to the party but hey this is a classic ok?

... or maybe some of you hates it but hey it makes me happy after a long and difficult day ok? ever since Holland got cast this kid has always made me laugh with his antics

[YT]jPCJIB1f7jk[/YT]

So thats our Peter Parker/Spider-Man folks...lol :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"