Tom Hooper to direct movie of Andrew Lloyd Webber's 'Cats'

I absolutely refuse to believe the $100 million budget.

The mere fact that the CG wasn't mo-capped, but hand applied to the scenes alone should be proof of that. I feel for the poor animators who worked on this film.
The production just seems a real mess. Like they didn't know how they were going to do this, and were coming up with it as they went along. Then they dumped this huge work load on their post-production crew.

The mere fact that the CG wasn't mo-capped, but hand applied to the scenes alone should be proof of that. I feel for the poor animators who worked on this film.
Live feed of the money spent on Cats:
GlaringUntidyCanary-size_restricted.gif

Maybe they should have just costumed the dancers with the stage costumes, wigs and all, and just CGI'd the tails.

This just sounds hilarious in a completely different way. All the talk of "ADVANCE Cat Tail Tech". :hehe:

The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural....

I could just see the actors BS'ing about how the movie is doing things no one has ever thought of. In fact I think one of them actually did

The body seems to be mo-capped but the face isn't. @0:45.

We'll probably never get a Thundercats movie after the way these cats turned out lol.

So overall I actually really enjoyed the film, but I also happen to like musicals and weird movies. I’m also a casual Andrew Lloyd Webber fan, and while Cats is far from my favorite, it’s a show and now a film that I enjoy, appreciate, and respect. So your mileage can and probably will vary.

Yes the film is ludicrous on a conceptual level that you have to either be willing to go along with or not at all. Yes there are some really bad effects, there’s also some really good ones too. Yes the Jennyanydots sequence is as over the top and horrifying as they say.

That said I do feel there’s a lot to like about the film. I wouldn’t recommend it to most people, but if one were curious and willing to look past it’s very glaring flaws, I say seek it out and give it a chance.

If I were to give a number, I’d say a decent 5 or 6 out of 10.

I saw the cockroaches on twitter.

Help...

Just got out of Cats. It was...uh...an experience I guess...lol :dry:

i saw the cockroaches on youtube. :eek:o_O
its now deleted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"