Too early to set up for a Young Avengers movie?

Kar

Sidekick
Reaction score
I think it'd be cool if some of these characters are introduced into the MCu eventually (like have Isaiah Bradley pop up in Captain America 3, perhaps to set the stages for a potential film). I think it'd be a cool move after another Avengers movie. Or at least have them feature in a future film. Thoughts? How would you execute this or who would you cast?

Not at all..I'd be up for that. Depends on the team though. Patriot is obviously a must.

Well, we've got Cassie coming in Ant-Man. And if the casting call rumors are to be believed, the character will be young enough that, even by the time Marvel could realistically get around to making this film, she'd still plausibly be a teen. (The character I mean -- they'd likely want to recast the actress by then, and that would be completely reasonable).

Well, we've got Cassie coming in Ant-Man. And if the casting call rumors are to be believed, the character will be young enough that, even by the time Marvel could realistically get around to making this film, she'd still plausibly be a teen. (The character I mean -- they'd likely want to recast the actress by then, and that would be completely reasonable).

How old are we looking at for the Stature actress? I haven't been following Ant-Man since Wright left.

yes, yes it's too soon. most of the characters make little sense without tons of contiuity backgroundthat isn't there yet. Wandas and Visions twins, Kang, the Skrull. All essential to make the YA work

How old are we looking at for the Stature actress? I haven't been following Ant-Man since Wright left.
It's been confirmed that Cassie will be in the film, and an official list of involved actors included Abby Ryder Fortson. It would be a pretty safe (though unofficial) bet that she's playing Cassie. (I guess technically its possible they could have her play a young Hope in a flashback? But I doubt it).

Google says she's 6 years old. So maybe expect Young Avengers in 6-12 years?

284px-Abby_Ryder_Fortson.jpg

Lol! Googling all this... apparently they were also looking for a stand-in actress too.

Last edited:
I don't think its too early. It might take a bit of work with mixing up the plot a bit but the young avengers are a very important story to tell.

Even an animated series would be amazing

I think that's possible that after Avengers 5 the grown-ups team is temporarily inactive and a perfect excuse for a Young Avengers movie!
That would be something quite different IMO, even from New Mutants.

The question is, who would make the team?
I would be open to a roster slightly different from the original series, they could pick one or two members from the Avengers Academy series.

My only must-haves would be Wiccan, Hulkling and Hawkeye.
Maybe throw in Finesse, that would be the right que for Taskmaster...
Maybe I'm going too much Teen Titans...

Its soon and its a bit weird, I think...especially for the mainstream audience.

Instead of Young Avengers, I prefer the new Avengers based on Mark Waid titles consisting of Kamala Khan, Miles Morales, Jane Foster Thor, Sam Wilson Cap, and Tony Stark still leading as Iron Man.

I know that all new different Marvel from comic side is not really quite popular even among hardcore Marvel fans, but at least with those members above (with Stark still being Iron Man), the mainstream general audience will not be too confused because those characters are still linked and connected to the old characters they replaced.

It is just my opinion, though.

Its soon and its a bit weird, I think...especially for the mainstream audience.

Instead of Young Avengers, I prefer the new Avengers based on Mark Waid titles consisting of Kamala Khan, Miles Morales, Jane Foster Thor, Sam Wilson Cap, and Tony Stark still leading as Iron Man.

I'd love that!
But we can have both. :cwink:
Maybe Miles is too soon, what with Peter being in high school...

While I think it would be cool and feel natural to do this maybe...I am completely unenticed by the characters that might be used. Very bland and boring. I'd much rather see "old man Cap/Hulk" or even recast than someone like Kamala Khan or Miles Morales.

While I think it would be cool and feel natural to do this maybe...I am completely unenticed by the characters that might be used. Very bland and boring. I'd much rather see "old man Cap/Hulk" or even recast than someone like Kamala Khan or Miles Morales.

Young Avengers predate Kamala and Miles but honestly, from what I gather from your posts elsewhere, I guess you would like the original roster even less.

Why am I not surprised you'd say something like that about Miles and Kamela... :whatever:

It's too soon. Young Avengers works when the Avengers are grown up and out of touch with teenagerdom. That hasn't happened yet, at all. Also, right now, Spider-Man is the young Avengers, and while the YA does come first, characters like Kamala Khan and Sam Alexander do fit the 'Homecoming' mold, and work better as Spider-Man contemporaries than Wiccan and Iron Lad. There's also the bit where Stature is 8 years old, so... come back in two phases?

I get YA is a really important book to some people, that that's how they came into the Marvel Universe, that they found a level of relatability there that was unparalleled. As much as doing YA now would serve those people, that generation of comic readers, really, I don't think that it would serve the MCU as a whole very well. I think the TV verse would be ready for it, but then again, I don't see the movie and TV divisions getting along enough to make it happen now anyway.

Now in 8-10 years, when Cassie is old enough to be Stature in continuity, it really shouldn't matter what else is happening, because YA is a really great place from comics and waiting longer would make it forever a continuity tangle, so that would be the go time, imho.

Wiccan and Speed - too early for Wanda and Vision to be thinking of having kids, let alone having them disappear and be reincarnated. Although I suppose their backstory could easily be rewritten to not be tied to those characters, especially as it could be a confusing story even if the MCU had the comic's history.

Iron Lad - Marvel doesn't have the rights to Kang yet, so this can't happen.

Hulkling - Depends on which characters appear to what extent in Captain Marvel

Cassie Lang - is 9 years old right now.

Young Avengers predate Kamala and Miles but honestly, from what I gather from your posts elsewhere, I guess you would like the original roster even less.
Probably true...I don't have anything against either of these two in particular, they just happen to be the most popular ones for whatever reason. Most likely because they are still the newest and shiniest. IMO we have had very few interesting characters introduced since the 80s.

I could see Florence Pugh as Finesse if the BW solo movie were not a prequel (how, I don't know), setting her up as a sort of legacy character for Young Avengers (D+ series maybe?), alongside Stature and Hawkeye.
Maybe WandaVision could introduce Wiccan and Speed.
I know I'm pipedreaming, but man if this came to pass!

Wiccan and Speed - too early for Wanda and Vision to be thinking of having kids, let alone having them disappear and be reincarnated. Although I suppose their backstory could easily be rewritten to not be tied to those characters, especially as it could be a confusing story even if the MCU had the comic's history.

Iron Lad - Marvel doesn't have the rights to Kang yet, so this can't happen.

Hulkling - Depends on which characters appear to what extent in Captain Marvel

Cassie Lang - is 9 years old right now.
Update:
Wiccan and Speed could get a simplified origin still related to Wanda and Vision in Wandavision

Marvel now has the rights to Kang

Cassie
is now old enough

Hulkling could turn out to exist though he would probably be in his late 20s/early 30s given the timeline, though I guess kree/skrulls could age slower

Kate Bishop will probably appear at some point soon

Kid Loki could possibly be set up in Loki.

It's looking a lot better now.

I'm not really interested to legacy characters/Avengers junior. So i hope it doesnt happen.

Cassie Lang...perhaps Scott and Hope work on a suit for Cassie or perhaps Cassie builds one of her own by herself

I'm not really interested to legacy characters/Avengers junior. So i hope it doesnt happen.
Come on, there's room for everything now.
I hope all the fans get at least one pie in the sky in the next years of the MCU.
Young Avengers would be mine, because X-Men 2099 would really be asking too much.

I hope all the fans get at least one pie in the sky in the next years of the MCU.
Young Avengers would be mine, because X-Men 2099 would really be asking too much.

The right director and great writers can make any and all characters fan favorites. I personally want the Thunderbolts.

The right director and great writers can make any and all characters fan favorites. I personally want the Thunderbolts.
Zemo's or Osbourne's?
The T-bolts and YA and Avengers Academy have nice crossover potential by the way. Just sayin'.

X-Men, the Fantastic Four, Nova, Moon Knight and the rotating roster of the Avengers. They have plenty of other ips. I'm speaking for myself and I don't want a young Avengers movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"