Too many superhero/comic book movies next summer?

I'm really pumped about The Dark Knight, and I'm looking forward to Hellboy 2 as well. The Incredible Hulk has potential. I'm not sure how Wanted will turn out, and I don't know anything about Hancock.

Im lookin forward to The Incredible Hulk and Ironman. I guess im like one of the few that doesn't care about TDK. The first one was ok the only good part was scarecrow. I don't like the way the joker looks and i don't like Heath Ledger, he looks too serious and less funny in my opnion and if thats the case than you have to rely on Heath Ledger capability too make you laugh, and he has failed to do so yet, at least to me.

Iron Man, TDK, TIH, and HB2 should be good flicks. I'm still out on Wanted though. Hancock might be good, but we haven't got much to go on yet. Summer 2008 will be a great time for movies!

Pfft...Superhero movies aren't a genre, so I don't even look at them that way as to say that there are "too many". A comic adaptation's genre to me is always going to call into fantasy, action-adventure, sci-fi, or maybe action drama. So, saying too many "superhero" movies means very little to me.

-TNC

Hellboy 2 , TDK and Wolverine for me.

But lets face it the movie everyone is waitin for is not a comicbook movie but Indy 4.

There were too many two years ago and this year too. Anyway I want to see TDK and IM next summer, I'll just skip the rest.

although, is "Wanted" based on that comic book?
Yes it is.

Hancock is a Will Smith movie so it doesn't count IMHO. I'm probably going to see it because I'm a huge fan. I think it's more of a star vehicle.
Hancock in the other hand ain't even based on a comic.

I'll definetely see TDK, HBII and Wanted. The others, dunno yet.

Batman fans are gonna get burned. If there ever was a movie that was too overhyped it's TDK.

TDK is all we really need.

I s'pose I'll see Hellboy 2.
Fixed.
Hellboy 2 , TDK and Wolverine for me.
Wolverine's not until 2009.
Batman fans are gonna get burned. If there ever was a movie that was too overhyped it's TDK.
Nolan knows what he's doing. I doubt he'll disappoint the fans. He's already done one thing right and that's ditching Katie Holmes, the one thing that kept "Batman Begins" from being perfect.

Nolan knows what he's doing. I doubt he'll disappoint the fans. He's already done one thing right and that's ditching Katie Holmes, the one thing that kept "Batman Begins" from being perfect.
Agreed.

These are the ones I'll see the first day:

:im:
:bh:
:brucebat:

The rest, eh, if I don't catch at the theatres, I'll watch on DVD.

Im lookin forward to The Incredible Hulk and Ironman. I guess im like one of the few that doesn't care about TDK. The first one was ok the only good part was scarecrow. I don't like the way the joker looks and i don't like Heath Ledger, he looks too serious and less funny in my opnion and if thats the case than you have to rely on Heath Ledger capability too make you laugh, and he has failed to do so yet, at least to me.
I'm not really looking forward to TDK either, although I dug the first one and I just can't picture seeing it before it hits blockbuster. It's not exactly the Batman I want and I also don't like the way the Joker looks and have a sneaking suspicion that the chatacter will be far more serious than he should be. I like my Joker darkly humorous, too me alot of it is about the laugh.

I think considering all 4 of them look fantastic I am not concerned, if this where 06 with X3 and SR etc I would be a little worried

It can't be overhyped. You haven't even seen it yet. Heck there hasn't even been any footage released yet.

TDK- Really anticipating, See it first day
TIH- Starting to gain interest, see it first weekend
IM- Looks good, not sure about tho, see it first weekend
Wanted- looks too generic, heard it's nothing like the comic so ill rent
Hancock- wait for a trailer to decide
HB2- getting pretty excited for this, Del toro hasn't dissapointed me yet.

I don't think Christopher Nolan wants to do what's already been done to Joker in previous incarnations like the 60's Cesar Romero or Jack Nicholson's Joker, this is an entirely new take on Joker for the 21st century.

And if you think that either Hulk or Iron Man will make more money than TDK you're wrong my friend.

It can't be overhyped. You haven't even seen it yet. Heck there hasn't even been any footage released yet.
Seriously? All this viral marketing crap, 900 fanboys on the Hype at the same time going crazy over a stupid poster that isn't even that great. Yeah, I would call that overhyped.

Crap? It's a great, inventive way to market the movie. And people haven't seen any footage and don't know what to expect.

At least the Viral Marketing keeps fans occupied, otherwise they'd be spending their time arguing over things like an eye reflection that looks vaguely like a villain.

Do not do that.

Seriously, don't put stupid things into my posts.

TDK, I'm sure, will be an okay film. But from what we've seen so far, I can't say I'm excited. Hellboy 2, on the other hand, is going to be amazing.

I don't think Christopher Nolan wants to do what's already been done to Joker in previous incarnations like the 60's Cesar Romero or Jack Nicholson's Joker, this is an entirely new take on Joker for the 21st century.

And if you think that either Hulk or Iron Man will make more money than TDK you're wrong my friend.

I never said anything about money. I dont care if TDK makes more, what i want is a good comic movie and i just don't see TDK deleviring it. This is ironman first movie so i will give it a shot, plus the trailor look cool ,and :bh: well i just like Edward Norton.

I'm seeing every single one of them. They really need to chill with it, though. Too much is a bad thing. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"