Too many superhero/comic book movies next summer?

well its true that too much of a good thing can become a bad thing.

but that aint gonna stop me from gorging on comic book movies next year. who knows when this heyday will return?

but that aint gonna stop me from gorging on comic book movies next year. who knows when this heyday will return?

Well, the heyday isn't quite gone yet. After '08, there's still a few big movies to go, like Wolverine, the impending Spider-Man 4, and the third Nolan Batman film.

Sorry, I shouldn't have to play some stupid game to get just a pic.

Nobody's forcing you to play the game. And you shouldn't have too? Wow, you act like you deserve all these free things. Be happy that WB is taking the time to make something fun and interactive for fans. Seriously, you guys get a cool pic and all you do is whine about how you don't get your trailer two weeks earlier.

Nobody's forcing you to play the game. And you shouldn't have too? Wow, you act like you deserve all these free things. Be happy that WB is taking the time to make something fun and interactive for fans. Seriously, you guys get a cool pic and all you do is whine about how you don't get your trailer two weeks earlier.
I'm not complaining about the trailer. That is exactly what I am talking about. The other day it was a pain in the ass to get on the Hype becaise there were 900+ Bat-noobs in the TDK forum going crazy over a stupid poster.

I'm not saying TDK will be bad. But it's too hyped. Batman Begins was great but it's not "The Best" as many fanboys on here claim.

I don't think that most people are going to know that Wanted is a comic-based film, so count that one out of this equation.

I'm not complaining about the trailer. That is exactly what I am talking about. The other day it was a pain in the ass to get on the Hype becaise there were 900+ Bat-noobs in the TDK forum going crazy over a stupid poster.

I'm not saying TDK will be bad. But it's too hyped. Batman Begins was great but it's not "The Best" as many fanboys on here claim.

But it's popular opinion. Doesn't mean it's yours. Why so Serious?:woot:

You mean popular fanboy opinion. And maybe Nolan knows what he's doing but after SM2 I could have said the exact same thing about SM3 and Raimi and look how that turned out.

aww, now sm3 wasn't that bad i for one liked it

can't argue with that there but seeng venom was :applaud

of all those i will only see The Dark Knight and Hulk
i hated Hell Boy didnt even watch it all..
and the Ironman Trailer is painful to watch

Ever heard of oversaturation? It kills demand.

Dawg where you been, I thought I would be forever suffering drowning in a quicksand of fanboys till finally intellectual thought was snuffed out! :cmad:

However while your argument poses some validity, it's been being said for the last 5-8 YEARS, during that time we have seen a huge majority of these films being terrible yet they're continuously being made. One has to wonder is there an end in sight to this sub-genre? More importantly has Superhero moved from sub-genre to actual genre?

Example the epic sandal action pieces of the late 90s and early 2000 period was a sub-drama that has since died out. The disaster films of the 90s and so on, have all have been sub-genres which surge to popularity for one reason or another then die out. However with a genre like Action, Horror, Romance, etc you'll always have them since in the public's mind there normal has superhero become a norm? :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"