Top 20 "lifespan essential" food

Galactus

Devourer of Worlds
Reaction score
More good news for those that love delicious chocolates! A study recently completed at Leeds University in the United Kingdom determined that chocolate was one of the Top 20 “lifespan essential” food choices.

Professor Gary Williamson has studied and come up with a top foodstuff list and chocolate made the grade! The list is made up of foods that contain naturally occuring chemicals (known as polyphenols) that are known to have health benefits and can protect against heart disease. These chemicals can also slow down the aging process as they protect the body.

Professor Williamson says, “…they are essential to fulfill the maximum individual lifespan, and so I propose they are ‘lifespan essential’ “. A diet rich in polyphenol foods can decrease the incidence or risk of chronic disease in the body.

What else is on that list? Here are the Top 20 “Lifespan Essential” foods:

apples
blackberries
black tea
blueberries
broccoli
cereal bran
cherries
cherry tomatoes
coffee
cranberries
dark chocolate
green tea
oranges
peaches
plums
raspberries
red grapes
red onions
spinach
strawberries

What else is on that list? Here are the Top 20 “Lifespan Essential” foods:

apples
blackberries
black tea
blueberries
broccoli
cereal bran
cherries
cherry tomatoes
coffee
cranberries
dark chocolate
green tea
oranges
peaches
plums
raspberries
red grapes
red onions
spinach
strawberries

ummmmmmmmmmm NO

The ones in black I could live on though :)

The whole list is solid by my book.

no bananas? i sense a conspiracy..

Translation: Eat more fruit and less mother****ing fast food.

ummmmmmmmmmm NO

The ones in black I could live on though :)

Blueberries are best when eaten with a mix of other berries . . . I can't really say much for cranberries, but the ripe, sweet blueberries are the BOMB, kid!

Just get some wheat bran cereal, dump some dried berries from that list in that biatch, or find the cereal that already has it, and you're straight...twofer. I'm not always crazy about eating raw vegetables on its own, but I would usually just throw carrots and broccoli into some pasta after I made it along with the sauce.

^exactly . . . that's what people fail to grasp . . . if some **** says carrots are good for you, it doesn't mean you have to sit there and eat carrots raw!

I consume nothing on that list... the rebel that I am.

coffee?
I'll live just fine then

I always have a cup of coffee with a Hersey's bar dunked in. Kill two birds with one stone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"