Endgame Top 3 Best, Top 3 Worst, & MVP/LVP/Most Improved! (Spoilers...Beware!)

Spider-Fan

SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion
Staff member
Reaction score
I know some have seen the movie already, so I am setting up a thread I did for IW:

Who are your top 3 Best characters from this movie? Top 3 Worst of this movie? Elaborate on why as well

Also merging into this thread to pick an MVP for Endgame, LVP (aka Least Valuable Player), and Most Improved from IW to Endgame.

I will post my answers probably Friday or Saturday once I have seen the movie.

This is a thread where spoilers may be posted. Beyond this post there may be spoilers. You have been warned!!!

Best / MVP

Stark - “I am Iron Man”
Cap - all American ash.
Scott - Rudd’s best performance thus far

Worst / LVP

Thor - just became the comic relief after very strong IW
Hulk - didn’t do much, really
Marvel - disappeared for a lot of the movie

Most improved from IW to EG:

I’d say Barton most improved, because he’s actually in this one.

Best characters:
Black Widow
- I'll always be biased :DV: We can't deny the EMOTION when she discovers just how violent and estranged her friend Clint has been. It was cool seeing her talk to Thanos in his humble abode. I have to give it to the writers and Scarlett for wrapping her heartless assasin-heroine arc so flawlessly.
Tony Stark (MVP for the new gauntlet alone) - Once again kudos to the writers who gave Robert the perfect swan song. One of the few things that can't be faulted. I could tell his scenes with his daughter and Pepper just tugged at everyone in the audience's heartstrings. And the fact he was very hesitant to even join the team again which ultimately led to his demise :csad:
Nebula - We didn't get one Nebula we got TWO which was a dream for us fans who couldn't wait to delve deeper into her this movie. Nebula and War Machine looking for Quill leading to her neural interface showing Thanos her conversations and the future is where the film really picked up. Karen smashed it out the park, it's crazy how different she is in person, when some actors mostly just play themselves :nrv: She should be billed higher but that's a whole 'nother argument.

Disappointing characters:
Thor
- I appreciated the humour of his "transformation" and the laughs were rampant once he was revealed, but I do see where you guys are coming from with your disappointment. To compare the treatment he got in Ragnarok/IW to this is shocking to say the least.
Professor Hulk - Not an amazing improvement from IW but kudos to the screenwriters for taking such a leap with the character. The audience loved his first scene. Him realising Nat was gone was quite emotional given their history and his scene with The Ancient One was one of the most memorable and surprising scenes imo.
Captain Marvel - As a casual Carol fan I expected a lot more of her. Nevertheless her rescuing Tony and Nebula was a heartwarming moment and good on Brie for the haircut choice.

LVP - Rocket. Sorry.
Most improved from IW - Natasha.

Mvp ?

Im team cap when it comes down to it haha.

But iron man. The i am iron man line >>

Cap did what he had to do.
assemble
And nebula/thor. I went for the head part.

Best:
Iron Man - "I am Iron Man"
Hawkeye - "Please don't give me hope"
Thor - I am not a Thor fans, but I absolutely loved every scene he has in this movie. The way he tried to deal with his guilt and so desperate to pull himself together is heartbreaking to see.

Disappoint:
War Machine - He was so badass in IW. I am so ready to see how the Russos will upgrade his action scene this time but he didn't even got a solo scene in the final battle left me quite disappointed.
Guardians of the Galaxy - Again, most of them only appeared in the final battle but we didn't see them fight much. Only a couple of quite shots.
Captain Marvel - Was expecting her to get more involved in the second act. Still loved her going toe to toe with Thanos in the final battle though.

MVP:
Captain America & Black Widow - They have so much more to do here than in IW.

Who are your top 3 Best characters from this movie? Top 3 Worst of this movie? Elaborate on why as well

Also merging into this thread to pick an MVP for Endgame, LVP (aka Least Valuable Player), and Most Improved from IW to Endgame.
Top 3 Best Characters
- Iron Man
- Professor Hulk
- Thor

Top 3 Worst Characters
I don't have any actually. Some where better than others but none really was bad.

MVP - Iron Man
LVP -
MIP - Hulk

Top 3 best
1. Tony Stark - what to say other than he's leaving massive, massive, shoes to fill. RDJ magnificent again.
2. Black Widow - really loved what Scarlett did here, easily her finest outing. Natasha sacrificing herself because Clint had to live on for his family was heartbreaking.
3. Tie between Nebula and Thanos. Thanos because I actually loved how delightfully straight Brolin played it this time. Made his deaths so satisfying. Nebula because Karen Gillan is just fantastic. The tear her past self died with got me.

MVP is Tony for me, LVP was Thor. Fantastic start but I found myself bored by him after the 5 year time jump.

I felt like this was easily Hawkeye's best showing in a Marvel film. This was the first time I actually cared about Renner's Hawkeye.

Nebula and Cap were the other two MVPs for me.

Least valuable is probably War Machine. I really like Rhodey and Cheadle. He has some good lines but doesn't have as good action scenes as he did in Inifinty War.

I've not seen Captain Marvel but Carol came across as kind of meh in End Game.

Top 3 best characters

1.Tony Stark - Downey s best performance ever in my opinion

2.Cap-after his small role in endgame it was nice seeing him in the main role again

3.Its a tie between Nat and Thanos

MVP-Tony

LVP-Rhodey

most improved-Clint

Best for me...
1/ Black Widow. I thought Scarlett sort of phoned it in during IM2 but started to hit her stride in CA: WS. I was so disappointed by her lack of screentime in IW so it was nice to see her leading the team in the future whilst also dealing with the aftermath of the snap. Scarlett actually acted her socks off. I really felt like I finally cared about Natasha and was pretty cut up when she died.
2/ Iron Man. RDJ went out on a high. Just a great, great performance. Possibly his very best as Tony Stark. His "I am Iron Man" moment was flawless.
3/ Professor Hulk. Loved it. I didn't like his character arc in IW so was glad he got a lot of screentime and also nice to see them do something fresh with the character. He's always so doom and gloom and conflicted so was good to see him finally having a bit of fun.

Worst: (these aren't actually bad)
1/ Doctor Strange. Only because I wanted more. His powers are so visually stunning and BC is SO GOOD at subtle acting. That look he gives Tony at the end... just give him MORE.
2/ Bucky. Again, massively under utilised. I think we only got one shot of him in the final fight.
3/ GOTG (minus Nebula, Rocket and Gamora 2014) They didn't really do much in the final fight. Considering Quill sort of ruined it for everyone in IW, I wanted to see him redeem himself a bit.

Most improved:
HAWKEYE. Thank the lord. My heart broke for him when Nat died.

I was expecting more out of these characters, especially Carol.

Tells me what I should not be excited about when I finally get into the movie.

Carol just kind of... disappears for most of the film. What she does is fine, but after the build up surrounding her entry into the MCU, it’s more than a bit anti climactic.

Thor and Hulk ultimately suffer from the same thing. They are largely positioned as comic relief, especially Thor. Hulk is handled better, but comes across a bit as Captain Exposition. Neither get a big hero moment. I understood this more for Thor, as he was served very well in IW, but was surprised Hulk doesn’t get a Hulk Smash moment.

MVP

Captain America

LVP

War Machine

Most Improved

Black Widow

Top 3 Best

Iron Man

Hawkeye

Antman

Top 3 Worst

Thor: What a lame

Doctor Strange: Not enough screentime

Star Lord: He just was kind of "there".

Most improved - Pepper Potts. I loved the evolution of hers and Tony's relationship here. It felt so mature and committed. No more whining about him quitting or freaking out about losing him. She knows who she married and is at peace with it. It made the ending even harder. The way she told Tony they would be okay gave me goosebumps. It sounded just like my mom saying goodbye to my Dad when we lost him unexpectedly last summer.

Top 3 Best:

1. Iron Man:
I'm giving him the number one spot mainly for the scene where he chews Steve out and collapses to the ground. It just reminds you how great an actor RDJ is. Tony went out saving the universe when he had too much to lose, and his presence will be missed.

2. Captain America: Most of the satisfying fan service moments revolve around him. Wielding Mjolnir and saying "Avengers Assemble" lived up to expectations for sure.

3. Black Widow: With "Civil War" Black Widow officially felt like the den mother of The Avengers, and this movie definitely reinforced that.

Top 3 Worst:

1. Professor Hulk:
Hulk was just...kinda there. His major breakthrough, where he merges the two sides of himself, happens offscreen. He has no special acting moments, and is the only OG Avenger who doesn't have an ending.

2. Thor: The "Fat Thor" storyline is great setup, but there's really no satisfying payoff for it. It's very much a comedown from IW. His last scene with Star Lord is pretty funny, though.

3. Captain Marvel: She was just as underwhelming here as she was in her solo flick.

Most Improved: Hawkeye

Best

1. Captain America
2. Iron Man
3. Thor

....and that’s how it’s should be. The big 3.

Worst

1. Captain Marvel - they professor X’d her (which is what tends to happen when you make someone OP) the Russo’s (who seemingly can write any character well) had nothing for her.
2. Rocket - nothing he did was memorable
3. I can’t think of anyone else

MIP - Barton (this will prob be everyone’s answer)

Worst

1. Captain Marvel - they professor X’d her (which is what tends to happen when you make someone OP) the Russo’s (who seemingly can write any character well) had nothing for her.
2. Rocket - nothing he did was memorable
3. I can’t think of anyone else

MIP - Barton (this will prob be everyone’s answer)
I liked the scene he slapped Thor in the face and told him to pull himself together. Just like the way he lectured Drax in the first Guardians.

I was expecting more out of these characters, especially Carol.

Tells me what I should not be excited about when I finally get into the movie.
I thought Thor was great in the movie. He is not as powerful as he is in IW but got some great dramatic scenes. I knew he would be divisive among the fans once I saw the 4 mins leaked though.

Professor Hulk was fine. He didn't have a memorable action scene but we did get to see this in live action:
latest

As for Carol, she was not in the movie much, only appeared in the beginning and the ending. But she did has some great action scene, especially going one on one with Thanos. I was surprised how fast she came back for round two after Thanos punched her away.

Having just seen the movie, I can say honestly:

Top 3:
1: Iron Man, obviously- his sacrifice was heart-wrenching and powerful, and his closing line: “I am Iron Man” was beautifully poetic.
2: Black Widow, very surprisingly. I was not expecting that at all!
3: Captain America, because he finally picked up Mjolnir, and I was here for it, and that shot of him standing alone against all the armies of Thanos was awesome.

Least Valuable Player:
Hawkeye, didn’t really do much, which was somewhat surprising. I feel conflicted about who should have died, him or Black Widow.

Most Improved: Valkyrie! My awesome female bisexual icon is some kickass when she wants to be, and she got her Pegasus, and she’s now Queen of Asgard, I guess?
(The scene with all the MCU women teaming together against Thanos was a real crowd pleaser at my theater.)

MVP - Tony Stark/Iron Man - "I am Iron Man"
LVP - Thor - Sadly being turned into Star Lord 2.0
MIP - Hawkeye - Easily most improved, he'd been somewhat of a character that was just there for most of the MCU but had some powerful moments in the film

Top 3 Favourite/Best Characters of Endgame :-

1. Tony Stark/Iron Man -
Powerful performance from RDJ from his opening scenes, to his final ones. Nothing needs to be said other than he is Iron Man.
tumblr_patihsTaPu1xxqx93o5_500.gif

2. Steve Rodgers/Captain America -
Some legit pure geek out moments & was a very close 2nd to being my favourite character of the film. Also had some very powerfully emotional moments.
tumblr_ovriejr3HC1rrkahjo7_500.gif

3. Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow - Very powerful moment of self sacrifice between her & Hawkeye, her sacrifice further cemented the character as being part of the glue that held all the Avengers together.. particularly the Earthbound characters. Was also not expecting what happened, to happen with the character, at all.
tumblr_pf8swldnV11xxqx93o5_500.gif

Top 3 Worst/Most Disappointing Characters:-

1. Thor - Didn't like the creative choices with turning him into a comic relief element throughout the film.
tumblr_oo7gy9g1x81r9dm6no2_500.gif

Significant gap..

2. Bruce Banner/Hulk - Simply because while his character had a lot of development (off screen) in terms of evolving into Professor Hulk, he didn't really get any sort of a personal ending which was very disappointing like a lot of the other original Avengers.
tumblr_ntezwtjJRJ1rrkahjo2_500.gif

Another significant gap..

3. Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel - She's only on this list ahead of a couple of others because I honestly expected her to be almost as heavily involved in the film as the original 6, I actually thought given how powerful her character is & how important she's expected to be moving forward that her role was going to be key, but she inexplicably disappears for half the film. She does have 2 of the best moments in the film though, saving Tony Stark/Nebula & her lines with Spiderman amidst the chaos were fantastic. :up:
tumblr_pj6zwmww1w1qjm8b5o2_500.gif

EDIT - All gifs from courtasy of our own @Kane52630 (Animus Vox) aside from the Captain Marvel one I believe

Last edited:
TOP 3
Iron Man: everything from his trip back from Titan, his "second chance-life", his comeback at the Avengers and of course "I am Iron Man"
Cap: him wielding Mijolnir
Hawkeye: finally an interesting Story for him

FLOP 3
Captain Marvel: she's so boring and unnessecary and I laughed so hard, when Thanos punched her with the power Stone. Plus her new haircut sucks
Hulk: the only Hulk-Moment of the last two films was at the beginning of IW - also Hulk 2012 had better lines
Thor: it was funny at the first Moment, but it was too overplayed

MIP: clearly Hawkeye

MVP's

Iron Man: From the opening monologue where I thought he still might die, to his time with Pepper and his daughter, the scene of him being flung across the lobby by Hulk, his scene with his dad and finally "I am Iron Man" need I say more.

Captain America:
That scene with Mjolnir and his shield, his hail hydra moment, his speech on the Quantum Realm machine, his final scene with Peggy and "Avengers Assemble"

Thor: I understand how this is gonna be a devise one but I loved drunk fat Thor. Yes a lot of his moments were played for laughs, the fortnite bit, the Aether story, his realisation that he was still worthy but under all of that it felt like Thor was the one who'd been most affected by the snap.

LVP's (Im gonna preface this by saying their was nobody I really disliked so I will probably just put it down to who I thought did the least)

Captain Marvel: Glad she was used sparingly, really didn't want to see her be the one to take out Thanos after just one movie but she still one or two good moments.

War Machine: I remember seeing Don a lot I just honestly can't remember anything he did. Oh yeah apart from the killing baby Thanos lol.

Most Improved

Black Widow: Easy pick here, not that she was bad in the first one but she was straight up awesome here and got a true heroes ending.

Top 3 Best:

1. Iron Man:
I'm giving him the number one spot mainly for the scene where he chews Steve out and collapses to the ground. It just reminds you how great an actor RDJ is. Tony went out saving the universe when he had too much to lose, and his presence will be missed.

2. Captain America: Most of the satisfying fan service moments revolve around him. Wielding Mjolnir and saying "Avengers Assemble" lived up to expectations for sure.

3. Black Widow: With "Civil War" Black Widow officially felt like the den mother of The Avengers, and this movie definitely reinforced that.

Top 3 Worst:

1. Professor Hulk:
Hulk was just...kinda there. His major breakthrough, where he merges the two sides of himself, happens offscreen. He has no special acting moments, and is the only OG Avenger who doesn't have an ending.

2. Thor: The "Fat Thor" storyline is great setup, but there's really no satisfying payoff for it. It's very much a comedown from IW. His last scene with Star Lord is pretty funny, though.

3. Captain Marvel: She was just as underwhelming here as she was in her solo flick.

Most Improved: Hawkeye
Agreed, on all points.
I, honestly, didn't think Marvel would kill off Stark. Bold move, but they did it in the most fitting way possible, IMO. Thinking about it more, he was the actual true HERO. He had a perfect life post-snap. He put all of that on the line to 'do what was right' even though there was a decent chance he could've lost everything...
The absolute highlight of the film, for me, was Cap wielding Mjolnir!
Professor Hulk was nice but they just, sort of, jumped into it at the beginning. He didn't do much in the final battle, even though he was technically an OG Avenger.
Thor's my favorite, and the fat scenes were funny. He had his badass moments but I still don't like that he was fat Thor the whole way through.

Best
Cap
IM
Hawkeye

Worst
Hulk
Thor
? Cant really think of another. Cm I guess.

MVP - IM

My top 3:
1. Iron Man: RDJ's performance was just amazing. His arc was just brilliantly done, and of course his "I am Iron Man" line was perfect.
2. Black Widow: omg i was not really for this. I was fearing a punch in the gut when the time came to get the soul stone, and that's exactly what i got. There's only one word to describe BW's arc fror me: devastating.
3. Torn between Hawkeye and Captain America (even if i didnt like his Peggy arc too much tbh).

Honorable mentions: Ant-Man, Nebula

Top 3 worst:
1. Bucky: sorry, but whenever he comes on i just cant help rolling my eyes.
2. Hulk: i dont know, maybe i was expecting too much, but i just didnt enjoy him as much this time around.
3. Thor: in terms of the character, i just didnt like the fat Thor angle; he turned into a too much of a comic relief, and after IW, it felt disappointing. It got tiresome (for me) after a bit. Hemsworth's performance of it was solid though, he did incredible.

MVP: Tony Stark
LVP: Bucky
Most improved from IW to Endgame: Black Widow.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"