The Winter Soldier Top 5 Things You Want from Captain America 2!

DrCosmic

Professor of Power
Reaction score
Alright, I don't know how you felt about the first film, but I was disappointed. Here's some things I'd like to see (and see improved) come April 2014. Feel free to list your own!

1) Wall to Wall Action.
Let Cap beat people up a lot, like he did in Avengers, makes him look cool. Use the SHIELD
2) An incredible leadership moment
Not just tactical like in Avengers (which he should also do), but he should have an epic rallying speech at the end to inspire
3) A deeper character
They gave Cap as much or more pathos in 30 minutes of screen time in Avengers than they did in his whole 1:30 minutes of screen time in his own movie. Let him be a man out of time, learning to let go of the past and move forward. He should be three times as interesting as he was in Avengers.
4) Give Cap a squad to lead
He does better with this, perhaps Hawkeye, Black Widow, Falcon and Agent 13, throw in Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Clay Quartermain and maybe even Carol Danvers in the background.
5) Baron Zemo
Make it happen. AIM/Hydra/Both/Masters of Evil, doesn't matter. Make it happen.

1 Find out what happened to everyone from the first movie. Not just Peggy, but the Howling Commandos.
2 I want to see Cap proving to be a dangerous man. I want people, both enemies and allies, to perhaps think of him as a relic, and for him to use their misguided perception of him to his advantage.
3 Sam Wilson and Steve being epic bros.
4 Winter Soldier in a cameo ONLY.
5 WWII Flashbacks with the commandos, where we see they fought Nazis aside from HYDRA.

I could do a lot more, I could even do top five things I DON'T want to see, but these are my top five.

The supposed Punisher cameo because I want a stand alone movie and for him to be part of the MCU.

To find out what's up with Red Skull. Obviously he isn't dead.

The Winter soldier. I like characters I actually know of.

My friends that don't really follow the comics keep accusing Captain America of being a pushover, especially when compared to the other Avengers. Change their opinion of the man, Marvel.

If SHIELD plays a big role, I'd like it play out like a Bourne-type movie. I think that'd be pretty wicked.

1 Cap being a leader throughout the film and not just the end.
2 New costume or at least a better looking helmet for Cap.
3 Winter soldier. Nuff said.
4 Reintroduction of Hydra or have AIM and link it to iron man 3.
5 More interaction with SHIELD on a personal level, not just professional.

1. Baron Zemo
2. Sharon Carter
3. Have Cap question what it means to be a man posing as a symbol for 300 M people. Give him some pathos.
4. DON'T use Winter Soldier yet. Allow Cap to at least grieve Bucky before bringing him back, or else you have a Cap who is barely used to the idea of a dead Bucky.
5. More S.H.I.E.L.D.

The supposed Punisher cameo because I want a stand alone movie and for him to be part of the MCU.

Marvel would be foolish to give Frank a 4th try on the silver screen, when he's failed to connect with an audience 3 times before.

Marvel would be foolish to give Frank a 4th try on the silver screen, when he's failed to connect with an audience 3 times before.

Just as the Hulk had failed to connect before The Avengers? :'D

Gotta give him the Hulk treatment. Stick him with others. He'd work well with Cap.

:unishr:

Just as the Hulk had failed to connect before The Avengers? :'D

Gotta give him the Hulk treatment. Stick him with others. He'd work well with Cap.

:unishr:

the flip-side of that is that Punisher drags down a character who did connect with audiences. And you piss off Cap fans like myself who want to see actual Captain America supporting characters.

I always figured the point of the MCU was the mix and match supporting characters, allowing characters without solo films to be established in others' films.

Or at least that's what I hoped for.

That's why I want Punisher in Cap's next movie. Because, like you said, I can't see them giving him another solo outing any time soon without taking a similar route.

My Top 5:

A New Costume - The suit from Avengers wasn't horrible when all was said and done, but it had the advantage of being part of an ensemble. Here, all eyes will be much more focused on Captain America and how he is presented. Audiences shouldn't be thinking about how goofy he looks in those blue pajamas, but how much of a badass he looks standing next to those SHIELD Agents.

Sharon Carter - There's been rumblings going on that Hayley Attwell could once again be a part of the franchise by returning as Sharon Carter. Sorry, but no, I'm not a fan of this idea at all. She and Evans had some good chemistry together, but nothing remarkable. What happens if they want to show flashbacks during the film?

A layered villain - As good as Hugo Weaving was playing the Red Skull, he was pretty one-note in terms of storyline. It fit with the whole Nazi/Germany angel and with the character itself, but for the sequel, I'd like to see a villain that offers a bit more depth. More personality than a moustache-twiddling bad guy.

Falcon - Out of all the rumours currently circling around, this one has me most intrigued. If they do intend to introduce this character in the MCU, then this is the perfect place to do it. With WS currently MIA (can be saved for Cap 3), these two would make a great buddy cop duo. Could it end up being cheesy? Sure, but this is Captain America we're speaking of here. Seeing as he is being included in the new Avengers cartoon show coming up, its possible they can be leading up to this.

Make it stand on its own two feet - This is probably my biggest concern. As we know, SHIELD will have a big role in this film and that is perfectly understandable. However, I would like the story to follow on from the first CA film rather than focus too much on The Avengers. Widow and Hawkeye could be off on their own missions whilst this is taking place. Maybe it doesn't have to be set in New York, maybe Cap is sent on a mission that sends him around the globe, thereby potentially attracting more foreign audiences and not appearing so flag-wavy(?)

Sharon Carter - There's been rumblings going on that Hayley Attwell could once again be a part of the franchise by returning as Sharon Carter. Sorry, but no, I'm not a fan of this idea at all. She and Evans had some good chemistry together, but nothing remarkable. What happens if they want to show flashbacks during the film?
...They'd use Hayley Atwell. The two characters are supposed to look alike.

It is possible for two actresses to look alike. Natalie Portman and Kiera Knightley is a perfect example of this.
They have a general resemblance, but not as close as Sharon and Peggy are supposed to have.

My point is that them having Hayley Atwell play Sharon doesn't preclude her from playing Peggy again.

1) Cap as a true leader. I like Evans and all, but I hate to say that I generally like his personality in his *other* movies (Scott Pilgrim, Fantastic Four, The Losers) than I do his generic nice-guy approach to Steve Rogers. Steve has always been more about just being a good guy....he's also charismatic as hell. Whedon played on that a helluva lot better than Joe Johnston did, but there's still a lot to be desired there.

2) Sharon Carter. Not played by Hayley Atwell; she's a a grand-niece (or even a great-grand niece) of Peggy, which means the family resemblance is going to be barely noticeable. Sorry, the genetics just don't add up that the grand-daughter of your brother or sister and their spouse is going to look like you at all.

3) Falcon. 'Nuff said.

4) HYDRA comes back. Led by Von Strucker, or Viper, or Arnim Zola, or Baron Zemo --- I really don't care which.

5) Save Bucky and Skully for Cap 3. There's a LOT of characters who "survived" WWII along with Steve Rogers, but if you start overcrowding it in the movies, general audiences are likely to throw in the towel. "Oh come on! ANOTHER dude from WWII coming back....?!?! How many is that now....?!?! I'm outta here"

On the issue of Marvel Studios reintroducing Punisher: I agree with those who say he doesn't belong in a Cap movie. (I vividly remember what Cap did to Frank Castle during CW.) But I *do* think he stands to have a better cinematic future than what we've seen before....simply because you'd finally introduce him to a world full of superheroes. THAT is what has always made Punisher unique.....you put him in a "real world" setting, and he is no different than any other dime-a-dozen generic vigilante action hero.

...They'd use Hayley Atwell. The two characters are supposed to look alike.

Thought the same thing.

I'm all for the reuse of Hayley Atwell. Fantastic actress and she already has the character down.

Good enough for me.

1. No cheesing things up to sell toys.
2. Allow Cap to grapple with the troubles of modern life.
3. Don't be afraid of having him deal with real world issues. All the best Captain America stories do this
4. The Falcon please
5. Less CGI, more stunt work. Think Jason Bourne more than Pixar. We should really feel him under pressure.

They have a general resemblance, but not as close as Sharon and Peggy are supposed to have.

My point is that them having Hayley Atwell play Sharon doesn't preclude her from playing Peggy again.

If they plan on making Sharon her grand niece or great-grand niece, there's going to be some dissimilarities between the two.

If they plan on making Sharon her grand niece or great-grand niece, there's going to be some dissimilarities between the two.
Dude, that's the comics. They don't have to do it, but anyone who thinks they should has reason for doing so.

Dude, that's the comics. They don't have to do it, but anyone who thinks they should has reason for doing so.

Of course. Just like if anyone thinks it's a lousy idea, they too have a reason to think so. Not everything from the comics can translate well to the big screen, adapting the material is an essential ingredient.

1. Super Soldier costume
2. Baron Zemo as the villain
3. Black Widow and Hawkeye as supporting characters
4. Sharon Carter played by Atwell or anyone else, I don't really care
5. Winter Soldier end-credits teaser

Whats your guys obsession with having Sharon Carter played by Hayley Atwell? People who are related, DON'T usually look identical.

She had a 40's style look in the first, and this is Hollywood - She'd look different enough for the sequel.

And Hayley Atwell is a fantastic actress.

1. Captain as an agent of SHIELD, working FOR them, not WITH them (this would force the plot of him adapting to modern life on his own)
2. HYDRA
3. A Zemo as the villain, trying to locate and bring back Red Skull
4. Hawkeye and Black Widow as support
5. NO FLASHBACKS... WWII was a great story, but leave it behind.

Whats your guys obsession with having Sharon Carter played by Hayley Atwell? People who are related, DON'T usually look identical.
As often said on this thread and others, these particular relatives do look look identical.

Not everything that works in comics works in real life.
Sure, but who said this was one of those things. but a guy asks why do so many people want a comic element to be translated to screen like it was a random thing. It was in the comics, so if a lot of people want to see it onscreen, its only natural.

It'd be like if a lot of people wanted to see Zemo wearing a purple mask. Would those people be called obsessed?

It'd be an obsession if it was something out of left field. Like if a lot of people wanted the waitress from the Avengers to be Sharon. That would be an obsession.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"