The Winter Soldier Top 5 Things You Want from Captain America 2!

Sure, but who said this was one of those things. but a guy asks why do so many people want a comic element to be translated to screen like it was a random thing. It was in the comics, so if a lot of people want to see it onscreen, its only natural.

It'd be like if a lot of people wanted to see Zemo wearing a purple mask. Would those people be called obsessed?

It'd be an obsession if it was something out of left field. Like if a lot of people wanted the waitress from the Avengers to be Sharon. That would be an obsession.

Here's the thing, the idea of Sharon being identical to Peggy is a relic of naive 1960s comic book writing. That same plot point would come across as lazy convenient writing to any discerning member of the 21st century general audience.

I wouldn't mind having a Sharon who looks like Peggy, but using the same actress just won't cut it; and this is coming from a huge Haley Atwell fan.

Here's the thing, the idea of Sharon being identical to Peggy is a relic of naive 1960s comic book writing. That same plot point would come across as lazy convenient writing to any discerning member of the 21st century general audience.

I wouldn't mind having a Sharon who looks like Peggy, but using the same actress just won't cut it; and this is coming from a huge Haley Atwell fan.
I actually agree with you.

It is a relic, and someone like Bendis, Brubaker or whoever could never get away with doing it today. But still, anyone wanting them to follow the comics is justified in doing so.

Some people disagree about Hayley as Sharon, of those, some know that they're supposed to look like but think that's a bad idea, and some don't know and reject it at face value. Others want Hayley as Sharon, something that they have not pulled out of their asses.
To each their own.

I think Hayley as Sharon is achievable. But perhaps it might be better, certainly easier, if Sharon didn't look like Peggy and wasn't related to her, either.

Last edited:
I'd like it if there was a scene with something like this;

tumblr_m5p5j8BEdg1rrwrmho1_500.png

I think the folks that are saying the GA wouldn't like Hayley as Sharon for whatever reason are giving the GA too much credit.

But yeah, seeing his tombstone could be pretty powerful.

I think the folks that are saying the GA wouldn't like Hayley as Sharon for whatever reason are giving the GA too much credit.

I have to agree.

Personally, I agree with the above poster that using Atwell to play Sharon would simply be lazy, though.

She did a great job as Peggy. Leave it at that. Let another actress step-up and shine.

I certainly don't think it would be a problem for audiences, because that sort of casting is still fairly common in media. But I think it's a bad idea, and blurs the line between the two Carters as distinct individuals, as well as diminishing Steve's loss.

1. More super soldier action like Blonsky vs. Hulk in Incredible Hulk
2. Sharon Carter and Black Widow
3. Wintersoldier with the arm working for a greater Cap. villain
4. Madame Hydra so she can fight one of the ladies
5. A better helmet for the costume

I had this idea for a scene:

Remember the movie GoldenEye, where James Bond meets the mysterious Janus only to find out he was Alec Trevelyan, a fellow 00 agent and friend he believed to have been dead?

I want to see something similar to that between CA and WS.

Sadly, the rights to Viper are tie up with Fox. she'll be in the next Wolverine movie.

There are three different chicks in the Marvel Universe who could qualify as "Viper," and all three are very similar. Fox could use one, and Marvel Studios another. Plus, the version of Viper in Wolverine will certainly *not* be the Madam Hydra version, since we know full well that Marvel Studios owns that copyright.

There are three different chicks in the Marvel Universe who could qualify as "Viper," and all three are very similar. Fox could use one, and Marvel Studios another. Plus, the version of Viper in Wolverine will certainly *not* be the Madam Hydra version, since we know full well that Marvel Studios owns that copyright.
Aren't the two other vipers male?

One would think that the viper owned by Fox is the one who marries Wolverine, which happens to be the Jim Steranko version.

There have been other Madame Hydras, though. Maybe they can bring in Contessa as an ex-SHIELD who went rogue?

1. Scene(s) showing Steve's adjustment to the modern world. Ultimate Avengers (film) did it well with the scene showing him going for a walk.

2. Flashbacks showing the Howling Commandos.

3. If they use Zemo, I want to see his seaside castle.

4. HYDRA mechs.

5. Fellow Avengers.

This will need:
1. Better display of his dynamic fighting style as well as his acrobatic free running style of getting around.
2. Flashbacks of Peggy and the Commandos
3. I want Falcon in this.
4. Sharon needs to be in this as well
5. His adjustment to the modern day.

1) Falcon flying over the sky on the hunt.
2) Cap vs. Soldier
3) Awesome display of WS skills.
4) Reflection on the past and present.
5) Cap visiting the graves of the men he faught with during WW2

Well, it looks like we'll be getting Falcon so that's one thing we could check off our want list.

Last edited:
New hairstyle, costume, an American accent and the fact Atwell still isn't a big star and the general audience wouldn't even notice it's the same actress unless they watched the first one right before. They would find out reading a review that points it out, not watching a trailer that it was the same actress.

1. I hope its a better movie than the first one
2. Falcon
3. More depth
4. I hope the big reveal of Winter Soldier is really good
5. Less predictable

One scene I would really like to see is Steve hanging out with old WW2 vets, as they are the people he feels most comfortable with. Like I picture him sitting in the park playing checkers or something with the old guys.

1) Cap as a true leader. I like Evans and all, but I hate to say that I generally like his personality in his *other* movies (Scott Pilgrim, Fantastic Four, The Losers) than I do his generic nice-guy approach to Steve Rogers. Steve has always been more about just being a good guy....he's also charismatic as hell. Whedon played on that a helluva lot better than Joe Johnston did, but there's still a lot to be desired there.

2) Sharon Carter. Not played by Hayley Atwell; she's a a grand-niece (or even a great-grand niece) of Peggy, which means the family resemblance is going to be barely noticeable. Sorry, the genetics just don't add up that the grand-daughter of your brother or sister and their spouse is going to look like you at all.

3) Falcon. 'Nuff said.

4) HYDRA comes back. Led by Von Strucker, or Viper, or Arnim Zola, or Baron Zemo --- I really don't care which.

5) Save Bucky and Skully for Cap 3. There's a LOT of characters who "survived" WWII along with Steve Rogers, but if you start overcrowding it in the movies, general audiences are likely to throw in the towel. "Oh come on! ANOTHER dude from WWII coming back....?!?! How many is that now....?!?! I'm outta here"

So, in the past 24 hours, I'm already +1/ -1.
Oh well, can't say I'm *too* disappointed in Winter Soldier returning. I just hope the rumors about Zola joining him aren't true....I could see Zola in flashbacks, being the one who actually recovered Bucky's body and brainwashed him and all, and maybe doing the Manchurian Candidate thing on him through the Cold War era; but I'd rather see the modern MAIN villain be Helmut Zemo. Make him a grandson or even great-grandson of Heinrich.

1) The only thing I really want out of this is a more specific plot, driven by the antagonist. The first movie is more of a series of events than anything else. It was an overview of Cap's life up until he was frozen, with a general "stop the Red Skull" plot. I just want a more specific adventure to drive the movie, something where there is a sense of urgency in the film which drives Cap's actions. It doesn't have to be a complicated plot, just more specific.

The rest are wishes more than anything.

2) Make the movie a solid action adventure film, similar to Bourne or Mission Impossible, though it shouldn't be as "gritty" as those films, or at least not as gritty as Bourne. I think MI4 is a great example of what the next Cap movie should try to emulate. Have lots of stunts, lots of explosions. Jumping off of buildings and bridges and out of planes. Fighting lots of thugs at once, taking them out quickly. Some sort of automotive chase. Saving innocent people. Stuff like that. Cap is an action hero, make him do action hero things, and staying away from the CGI for these things would be nice too. I thought the first movie had too much CGI; make it seem more natural.

3) Even though I want an action adventure, the movie needs to be driven by solid writing. Good dialogue. Good character interactions. Action movies with solid writing = fun, which is what superhero movies really should be I think. The one thing I will say about all of the Marvel Studio films is the writing has never been less than solid. The dialogue almost always feels natural, which isn't always easy to do, but Marvel has achieved it in every film.

4) I think it would work out best if SHIELD were in the movie, with Cap as an agent. They are already established, and Cap as more of a highly skilled operative would work the best.

5) Don't really have a fifth one...maybe Black Widow would be cool, but only if she was done correctly, not just to put another name in there...

The same naive fun of the first, but with more depth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"