Top Gun: Maverick

It's kind of funny that two of these shorts aren't of Cruise but of the actual pilot in front while Cruise rides shotgun.

Still. It is impressive the actors actually went up and all their reactions are real.

aTcjUJt.jpg

I think the only actual flying with Cruise will be in his Spitfighter plane

It's kind of funny that two of these shorts aren't of Cruise but of the actual pilot in front while Cruise rides shotgun.

Still. It is impressive the actors actually went up and all their reactions are real.

aTcjUJt.jpg

Won't it look like Cruise is in the back seat in the film? Isn't that where the RIO normally sits? I thought these planes are two seaters but it won't look like there's anyone behind Cruise or the other pilots and so won't look like they're really flying the planes.

Super Hornets come in both single and double-seat configurations so through some movie magic, they'll make it look like he's either flying in the front-seat of the double-seater or flying solo in a single-seater.

Yeah, majority of Super Hornets are single seat. It doesn't seem noticeable that he's in the rear seat in those shots, making it easy to look like he's up front. Then they're filming the actual pilots from behind wearing a Maverick helmet to look like him.

Yeah, majority of Super Hornets are single seat. It doesn't seem noticeable that he's in the rear seat in those shots, making it easy to look like he's up front. Then they're filming the actual pilots from behind wearing a Maverick helmet to look like him.
It's exactly what they did in the first film so I'm sure with the tech they have these days, it'll be somewhat seamless.

It's exactly what they did in the first film so I'm sure with the tech they have these days, it'll be somewhat seamless.

Huh. I have to rewatch the movie for those scenes where they were actually in the air. Most of flying scenes I thought were on the ground on a simulator.

Anyone notice that Goose's son's call sign is "Rooster? lol

Huh. I have to rewatch the movie for those scenes where they were actually in the air. Most of flying scenes I thought were on the ground on a simulator.

Shots from inside the cockpit were shot in simulators against a projection screen but external shots of the aerial action were done with pilots wearing helmets of the actors' characters. So I guess not exactly but still was done for certain shots in the original.

I always knew Miles Teller was a bit of a cock.

aTcjUJt.jpg

P-51 Mustang actually. I could see an offer you can't refuse if an American actor held on to one of the few surviving flying Spitfire's

Perhaps Top Gun Maverick will inspire a new series of JAG. We just need a sequel to "A Few Good Men" now as well.

The TV son of Maverick and LTJG Kaffee, Harm (JAG) Rabb has already reprised his part on NCIS:LA. He was the XO of an aircraft carrier. A USMC JAG show also just came and went away.

The problem today is that the dramatic part of an air war is one mission before the US air wing knocks out all opposition. Okay for a movie special mission but A Few Good lawyers would be needed to sustain a TV series

The TV son of Maverick and LTJG Kaffee, Harm (JAG) Rabb has already reprised his part on NCIS:LA. He was the XO of an aircraft carrier. A USMC JAG show also just came and went away.

The problem today is that the dramatic part of an air war is one mission before the US air wing knocks out all opposition. Okay for a movie special mission but A Few Good lawyers would be needed to sustain a TV series

So David James Elliott was playing Harmon Rabb and not someone else like they've done for other JAG actors before? It would be rather silly if he were reduced to playing another character in a guest role after headlining the series that started the whole thing off.

What I liked about JAG was that it did have a bit of aerial missions but then also plenty of courtroom drama, and sometimes just some land missions, spy drama or investigations. It could change from one week to the next and gave more variety than something like NCIS.

I don't know about this other USMC JAG series you mention. What was that?

Harm and Mac showed up for the last season cliffhanger and season opener. And they ended teasing yet again will they or not.

The Code on CBS was the latest failed JAG show. Being Marines they saw the occasional Infantry fighting instead of air to air combat

Harm and Mac showed up for the last season cliffhanger and season opener. And they ended teasing yet again will they or not.

The Code on CBS was the latest failed JAG show. Being Marines they saw the occasional Infantry fighting instead of air to air combat

How can they still be doing a "will-they, won't they?" for Harm and Mac? I thought they got together at the end of the 10th season in 2005 when the series finished and they admitted their feelings for one another.

How can they still be doing a "will-they, won't they?" for Harm and Mac? I thought they got together at the end of the 10th season in 2005 when the series finished and they admitted their feelings for one another.
The way NCIS played it was that Harm and Mac had a deal and Harm lost so he left the Navy to stay with Mac, they were engaged but then broke up and Harm was let back into Navy going back to aviation and they hadn't seen each other for 9 years

Jump to Captain Rabb being the XO of a carrier with terrorist cell aboard while Mac, stalled as a Lieutenant Colonel, is an adviser to the Secretary of State. As more of a spy and aide than a Marine and lawyer it seemed. At the end of the NCIS story maybe we can get back together with Hetty cheering a reunion on is where they left the story.

The way NCIS played it was that Harm and Mac had a deal and Harm lost so he left the Navy to stay with Mac, they were engaged but then broke up and Harm was let back into Navy going back to aviation and they hadn't seen each other for 9 years

Jump to Captain Rabb being the XO of a carrier with terrorist cell aboard while Mac, stalled as a Lieutenant Colonel, is an adviser to the Secretary of State. As more of a spy and aide than a Marine and lawyer it seemed. At the end of the NCIS story maybe we can get back together with Hetty cheering a reunion on is where they left the story.

So that was the result of the coin toss, since the series ended that way with us not knowing who was going to leave their position on behalf of the other.

How was the Code? Was that any good and like JAG at all?

The Code was a half year, 13 episodes and done JAG clone. At the half series mark they had some Marines become permanent prosecutors and some permanent defenders instead of switching roles like they did on JAG after the JAGMAN investigation. But besides that pretty much the same show without white uniforms and different personal interactions.

Last edited:
Saw and liked it. Almost missed it because I was getting a drink refill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"