Top Gun: Maverick

I love the intensity on display in the flight sequences. Can't wait.

So it looks like young Rooster didn't want anything to do with Uncle Pete since Goose's death. I bet it was him that they have potential charges against but the naval aviation community will do a solid for the old Maverick to keep Rooster in the pilots seat.

Deadline is reporting that Top Gun:Maverick has had its release date pushed up by two days. it will now be released on June 24. Apparently, Paramount wants to position the film to have a strong Independence Day weekend.

That makes sense but it's a bit surprising to see a release date moved up with all the coronavirus stuff happening. Though hopefully it will be contained by then. No guarantees though with the way our idiot government is handling it.

Maybe they mean June 24 2021, so actually pushed back.

Two days is a Wednesday opening in America which sort of the traditional early date. Perhaps the thinking that July 2 would be a travel day for the July 4th Friday and weekend box office

DAMN was really looking forward to this one this summer

DAMN was really looking forward to this one this summer

That wasn't going to happen in the current climate. Cinemas might not even be open for that and therefore might not be showing it. And people could still be in lockdown. Certainly the UK might still be in quarantine for the next 6 months or more.

tg20204kuhd3doslv.jpg

Happy Birthday, Maverick!
Tom Cruise turns 58 today.
What are some of your favorite Tom Cruise movie memories?
Do you have any favorites quotes from his films?

I know it's not generally well-loved, but I've always had a soft spot for Far and Away with Nicole Kidman.

Probably because I grew up watching it because my mom loves that movie.

I know it's not generally well-loved, but I've always had a soft spot for Far and Away with Nicole Kidman.

Probably because I grew up watching it because my mom loves that movie.
I love Far and Away. It's super cheesy and far from a great film. But little me had a big crush on Nicole Kidman (still do obviously), Tom Cruise was the pinnacle of cool, and I have a thing for pretty much all American and British period pieces. Also, the accents are killer. :funny:

Far And Away kind of grew on me. I did not like it, at first.but, over time, I came to really appreciate it.

I was a fan of Far and Away too. At least I remember loving it when I saw it way back when. Haven’t seen it since though.

I watched Ghost Protocol and Fallout today. Anybody elsewatch any Tom Cruise Movies to celebrate the Fourth?
Anybody go for Born On The Fourth of July?

Matchbox and Corgi bringing out some Top Gun: Maverick merch.

kT2PHIj.jpg

jxDOidr.jpg

ndqampJ.jpg

PhKUyg7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"