Total War: Warhammer

Discussion in 'PC' started by Orba, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Orba

Orba Well-Known Member

They have at last officially announced the game after the accidental leak earlier in the year.

[YT]7i4d3ignBNQ[/YT]

It will be the first in a trilogy so two more stand alones plus additional content.

2. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Wow, I only found our that this game was being made earlier today! What a combination. This is a dream for me. Hope my favourite factions make it into the game.

3. Orba

Orba Well-Known Member

From the sound of things the starting factions will be Empire, Dwarf, Orc and Undead, with Chaos in the wings.

4. m4st4

m4st4 Bat-Boy 1987

Should be called Total WarHAMMER.

5. Iceman

Haha yeah.
    Cool. Love Chaos & Undead will be fun. I hope we get Lizard-Men down the line.

6. Soapy

Soapy Well-Known Member

7. Thorne

Thorne Well-Known Member

The game looks amazing and with almost unlimited potential for expansion in terms of factions. I wonder what features from previous titles will make an appearance. I've read that direct confederation is possible in this one where you absorb another faction peacefully, which sounds cool and I've certainly had cases in previous TW games where I wished it was an option.

The last of this series I played was Shogun 2 (I heard Rome 2 was flawed) and that was a great game especially systems like diamyo honor and loyalty of generals. Two favorite things about that one, on the strategic side, were: the liberation option for provinces which let me set up vassals while increasing honor, and the total victory objective in Fall of the Samurai which jacked up the difficulty of the end game.

The Holds system is an interesting idea, though I think orcs should get to occupy human towns as well, and some of their regions (like the flat areas of the Badlands) should not be done as Holds. It would make the objectives for the dwarfs even harder if the orcs had territories which cannot be occupied by the dwarf army. I certainly like the idea of some regions simply not being suitable for certain groups, they can march through and sack but not set up new bases of operations.

8. Iceman

Total War: Warhammer 2 is out soon (and integrates with the first game). It adds Lizardmen, High Elves, Dark Elves and Skaven. 4 classes I really wanted!