Tour of Duty: Best damn TV show!

Deathlok2001

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://www.hum90.com/

I am watching this again on history channel. I have seen em all, but its such a damn good show! I love it!

Go get them VC damnit!

How the hell did USA lose this war... they had superior firepower.:eek:

SOme reasons:

1.USA underestimated the tenacity and organisation of the VC and NVA

2. USA could not stop the movement of troops or supplies to the south along the Ho Chi Minh Trail.

3. Peace movement became too big to ignore

4. America was not prepared to keep losing high numbers of casualties

Deathlok2001 said:
http://www.hum90.com/

I am watching this again on history channel. I have seen em all, but its such a damn good show! I love it!

Go get them VC damnit!

How the hell did USA lose this war... they had superior firepower.:eek:

I watched the original run on CBS when I was younger. It was one of my favorite shows. I started to not like it when they were doing black ops type stuff. I don't know considering knowadays I love thast kind of thing.

I loved this show when I was a kid. I loved everything about it, the theme music, the characters, the stories, everything. It was one of the few shows that wasn't afraid to kill off regular characters on a semifrequent basis. The base captain in season 2 (I think), or the medic. The dynamic and comradery between the characters was also great. How Sgt Anderson & Lt Goldman started off with an almost adversarial relationship (Anderson being more experienced, but the younger, less experienced, and higher ranking Goldman wanting to do things "by the book"), but soon becoming good friends. The good natured ribbing between Ruiz & Baker. And how there always seems to be at least one pacifist in the group who isn't there by choice.

I've seen the entire series for sale on DVD at HMV before. I'm very tempted to buy it one of these days.

Last edited:
talk about a necro-bump.

anyway, i remember this series & that danger close ending in the final episode. TNT used to air it in the mornings before Charmed, Angel & Supernatural took over.

Was this the one with the awesome Paint It Black intro? Most epic intro ever? Yeah, I remember that aspect of the show. Not much else.

yes it is...

[YT]0z6fcd--354[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"