Toy Story 5

Toy Story 4 was decent, though nowhere near 3's quality. We don't need a 5th at all.

I hope the quality doesn’t start to drop. The original trilogy was awesome.

My thing is what would the plot of a potential A Bug's Life 2 be? Hopper's brother grows a spine and seeks revenge? Even though it was a bird's doing, anyway. Do we catch up with the bugs on the circus?

Seriously ?! I thought the trilogy wrapped up nicely in Toy Story 3. Toy Story 4 showed a nice epilogue. But this is excessive .

another movie to ruin the franchise. But the animation oscar will be safe

I honestly haven’t noticed much of a change in any of their voices to be honest in Toy Story 4. But hey, toy voice boxes get old too until silenced lol

Bo Peep's voice in TS4 did sound a bit deeper than it did in the first two films.

About the only acceptable plot for TS5 would be Andy getting married and having kids, going back to Bonnie's to see if there's any way he can get Woody back, and going on a quest to find him after discovering that he's not there.

But how would that work, from Andy's perspective? What are the toys up to?

What if there's like a big time jump, everyone is scattered in different houses, in different states, and for some reason they have to get back together. Maybe Andy's ill, and they finally show themselves as talking toys to him for the first time? Pixar, hire me I'm available.

Andy: Hi Bonnie! Remember me? I'm Andy, I'm the one who gave you those toys all those years ago. Listen, I was wondering...I have a kid of my own now and since you're older, would you mind maybe giving them back so I can pass them along?

Bonnie: Oh sure! They're all here!

Andy: Great, thank you so...wait a minute...where's Woody?

Bonnie: Huh?

Andy: Woody. The cowboy? The one that I said would always be there for you and never give up on you no matter what? The one that I never meant to give away but decided to trust you with instead?

Bonnie: Oh yeah! The cowboy! I lost him.

Andy: You what?

Bonnie: Yeah, he's gone. No idea where he ended up.

Andy:

Screen Shot 2024-02-07 at 7.14.33 PM.png

If Toy Story 5 isn't about Andy going on a John Wick-esque crusade to get all of his toys back then I don't want it.
Fans are wanting an elderly Andy reuniting with Woody and Buzz to give them to his grandkids.

I'll be going on 33 years old when this releases and I'll be in that theater before anybody else. Bring Andy back, please.

I wonder if we get an Andy cameo

Fans are wanting an elderly Andy reuniting with Woody and Buzz to give them to his grandkids.

Andy shouldn't be allowed to age faster than the audience. He should be in his 30s at most. Maybe late 20s.

I can picture this going straight to streaming with the title 'Toy Story 5: Sid's Revenge'

1712442396362.gif

This is exactly how I feel everytime I remember the entire Toy Story movies.
4 really stained the series for me. It felt like one of those short films they used to do like Toy Story of Terror.

Yeah, was not a fan of TS4. It had its moments but overall it added nothing to the story, and I can't imagine Woody ever abandoning his kid no matter what. They also gave Buzz nothing to do. TS5 pretty much has to be how Woody and Bo go back to being with the other toys when Andy comes back for them to give them to his kids, I can't think of any other plot that audiences would want to see.

Yeah, was not a fan of TS4. It had its moments but overall it added nothing to the story, and I can't imagine Woody ever abandoning his kid no matter what. They also gave Buzz nothing to do. TS5 pretty much has to be how Woody and Bo go back to being with the other toys when Andy comes back for them to give them to his kids, I can't think of any other plot that audiences would want to see.
Bonnie abandoned him first. She's garbage. :o

I loved TS4 when it came out, and for a time I solidly preferred it to the third film as an ending for the series.

Nowadays I'm not really sure what I think of TS4. I'm of two minds about it.

I like Toy Story 4 and I think it's objectively a good film but at the same time it really wasn't necessary other than providing closure for anyone who really missed Bo Peep in Toy Story 3. I'm pretty sure she was left out of that because they couldn't figure out a way to include her in the main plot because of how farfetched it would have been for her to survive both the daycare and the incinerator even though Toy Story 4 kind of threw that out the window anyway by making her into more of an action hero.

I'm pretty sure she was left out of that because they couldn't figure out a way to include her in the main plot because of how farfetched it would have been for her to survive both the daycare and the incinerator even though Toy Story 4 kind of threw that out the window anyway by making her into more of an action hero.

I think they mentioned that she wasn't included because she was Andy's sister's toy, so Andy doesn't really have any emotional attachment to her. So him giving the toys away at the end would be like, "Oh, I'll just throw this one in the trash".

Yeah, was not a fan of TS4. It had its moments but overall it added nothing to the story, and I can't imagine Woody ever abandoning his kid no matter what. They also gave Buzz nothing to do.
Yep. I rewatched it recently for the first time after it came out and the biggest issue for me was how sidelined the original toys were. Too Woody/Bo centric and too much screen time for the new characters (those two from Key and Peele were atrocious). I mean, I liked Woody's arc but it shouldn't have been an entire movie around it. There wasn't much more to say than that.
I hope Toy Story 5 does a better job but honestly I'm so tired and disappointed with these endless sequels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"