Toys R Us declares bankruptcy

Child's World bought Children's Palace at some point from another franchise but kept the names seperate.
Thanks for the info. The company made some odd decisions. Sort of explains why they aren't around anymore.

Holy crap, the Panda's voice is creepy as bad place in the 2nd linked video. OMG, I wouldn't buy jack **** from that panda.
Yeah I'm glad I didn't remember the panda from when I was a kid. I do remember being in the store and getting some TMNT figures.

When will they start putting things on sale and closing the stores if this happens?

I'll be ready with a cart once they say so.

Sounds like they are going to get the go ahead tomorrow. So, Fri?

Still open here up in the North. For how long, though?

Stores in Australia are still remaining open for the future, although they'll probably be sold off eventually to someone else.

wow. end of an era. :(

wonder if they will have liquidation discounts on everything in store, including games.

Still open here up in the North. For how long, though?

From what I hear a toy company is buying and keeping open those up there. Plans indicate they might pick up 400 or so US locations but nothing is set in stone yet.

When will they start putting things on sale and closing the stores if this happens?

I'll be ready with a cart once they say so.

Sounds like they are going to get the go ahead tomorrow. So, Fri?
As sad as it is to see Toys R' Us go (and it truly is) I'm also strangely looking forward to picking over the dying corpse of the local one to see if I can snag any good deals before the bulk purchasers get there first.

28754582_189200811685765_542914025474752512_n.jpg

I went to my local store this afternoon to look around. They didn't have anything on sale yet....still had a lot of product there.

I'm wondering what will become of the TRU in my city. It's been there as long as I can remember (early 90s) so it closing will make for a large hole in that shopping area. As for who'll continue selling toys, I'd assume Wal-Mart, Target, and Amazon will gain some more marketshare. In my area, there's a family-owned toy and hobby store that's been around for over 80 years and they said they expect to see some increased business due to TRU closing.

I paid a visit to a local store last night, they still have original artwork on the wall from when it opened

rs5077.jpg

Geoffrey had a fam? That's even worse.

Went my local store and was pretty surprised. Only bikes and Power Wheels were discounted more than 10%. Everything but game systems was 10%, the systems were 5%.

I was really expecting deeper discounts but, the store was getting close to cleaned out and was absolutely PACKED!

Is there any word when the stores will officially be closing?

And Toys R Us has a Blu Ray section right? Any word on the types of discounts on those?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"