Toys!

Discussion in 'Superhero Products' started by CJ, Nov 10, 2018.

1. CJ Two Weeks Left!

Anyone else here a toy collector? This thread is to discuss recent toy purchases, or simply share some pictures of drool worthy geek merchandise.

It doesn't have to be simply comic book stuff in this thread. Gaming, animation, cinema, all kinds of geek oriented merchandise goes here.

2. CJ Two Weeks Left!

Recently picked up this Sonic the Hedgehog Pez Dispenser by Funko.

[​IMG]

Neat little piece of Sonic merch. A good value. Got mine for only $3.88 at Wal Mart.

3. CJ Two Weeks Left!

Got this for Christmas. Diamond Select put a lot of detail into this pretty inexpensive figure. Love the packaging too.

[​IMG]

4. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I got a silly amount of figures, lol! I collect all MCU based Marvel Legends figures, I have most of the DCEU figures from the Multiverse line, and I collect some old school G1 Transformers. I actually should be receiving wave 2 of the Black Panther line soonish as well as the Captain Marvel wave.

CJ likes this.
  5. CJ Two Weeks Left!

Recently got the Power Rangers Legacy Collection: Auto Morphin Tommy figure.

I'm really impressed with this. They faithfully recreated the packaging of the original 1994 release of this toy, and put it in a slick looking, silver box. Looks great on display.

[​IMG]

6. Nightwing The Next Batman

I'm currently working my way through collecting the NECA Gears of War Action Figures (boxed obviously) but I have noticed that certain runs of figures are available in B&M (UK) including Ghostbuster rerelease figures and a large range of DC figures.

The issue I have with the GoW figures is A NECA stopped making them and now McFarlane has taken over and made them statuettes rather than figures and also B I can't seem to find a genuine up to date list of all GoW figures including the exclusive releases and boxsets. For instance I've found a poster online which shows the images of the figures with v1, v2 etc but I bought a box of 4 figures - Delta Squad and for some reason this isn't showing up in any of the listings I've found. Is it a one off? Is it a combination of the first series figures conveniently boxed up together?

Who knows? Not me

Anyway. Thought I'd share

CJ likes this.
  7. Nightwing The Next Batman

So following on from my Gears of War collection, I'm buying different figures as I go but it doesn't say on the boxes which varient they are.

Ie v1, v2 or which series it is released from. Anyone have any knowledge of how I would find out?

8. Sawyer High King

9. geetard Rebirth

10. Sawyer High King

11. Pink Ranger The North Remembers

Mattel's been dropping the ball on their WWE products too. Some of the male high-end figures are pretty good, but all the female figures are repulsive, even when compared to previous licensee Jakks.

12. Spawnatello Registered

I'm looking forward to more of the Star Wars 6" Black Series, Samurai Marvel and Samurai Star Wars figures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also want to post something that will hopefully raise some positive support for something (not comic related, sorry)...and before anyone says, it, I'm not a fan of the character, but would buy a figure for customizing.

Sign the Petition

I chipped in $6 to the cause...not necessary, but they need 100 names on the petition to convince the manufacturer into making one, so every little bit helps. Apologies to Mods...didn't see a generalized 'figure forum' or 'Star Wars Black Series Forum' here, so that's why this post was made.

#12 Spawnatello, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
    CJ likes this.
  13. Mandon Knight This means something to those who believe....

14. :eek: Registered

15. Spider-Fan83 with great power...

came across an auction up for a lot of 569 pounds of misc lego's that went for $1,400...
    legos.jpg

what would you build with that?

#15 Spider-Fan83, Nov 29, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  16. CJ Two Weeks Left!

Picked up some of the new Jakks Pacific Sonic toys.. Bendy Sonic, Bendy Knuckles and the rare Ray the Squirrel booster!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Hello2016 Registered

I don't collect them as I'm too on the fence in regards to the packaging, how to display them, and just not having enough room in the apartment I own and wish I bought a house. LOL

I posted something on the Batman Villains thread after trying to solve a mystery on a particular character I used to think was a silver age Batman villain from since I was a kid (found out about a month ago his name is Tyr and not actually a Batman villain which I pretty much guessed but wanted to double check).

Who here remembers Kenner's "Super Powers" collections or tie-in products from the 80's? (Can click on photos to enlarge if wish). I don't have any of these toys anymore as they've been long gone so the name of this toyline escaped me for quite a while.

The Wikipedia article Super Powers Collection - Wikipedia pretty much summarizes everything. I see one guy has a fair share of the collection though:

Other user channels on youtube like Retroblasting, Alex the Comic Hoarder, and Toy Galaxy I see have videos on the main toyline as well so evidently it was a thing not everyone's forgotten about.

As far as some of the spinoff products mentioned in the wikipedia article I also found this old Burger King commercial from 1986:

**After looking through that wikipedia page again, I just noticed that from 2016-2017 a toy company called "Gentle Giant" made 3" and 12 " variations of some of the classic central figures of the Super Powers line as well. The packaging mimics the classic Kenner line from the 80's... The giant Batman figure in that collector video I linked above is actually a newer toy from Gentle Giant the collector has intermixed alongside the classic 80's figures and you can tell the packaging is very similar.

#17 Hello2016, Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2020 at 4:51 AM
    CJ likes this.