TRAILER #3 Discussion (First Post Updated w/ Download Info)

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight' started by spideyman101, Jan 30, 2008.

?

How Do You Rate the Trailer?

1. 10 - Absolutely Bat-tastic :wow:

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5 - Meh :dry:

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1 - WTF Nolan? :confused:

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BatmanFanatic Registered

So where would be a good spot in the film for Batman to announce "I have one rule."

I mean, it just doesn't seem like something he'd say to the bad-guys (using the bat-voice.) Although I suppose he could be talking to Gordon or something. I wonder if there is more to the line... like...

Gordon: He's a madman. He has to be stopped ... any way you can.
    Batman: I have one rule. I'm bringing him in by the book.

What do you guys think?

I hope it's not something like "I have one rule. I never kill. No matter what. Killing is wrong. It's the difference between justice and revenge!"

2. TDK Joker Float On

Rory! That was his name! I remember now! Yes I do mean Rory.

3. CaptainClown Papa SPANK!!!

It does sound like something Batman would say to the Joker especially after something Joker would say like this
    "you are just like me! we are the same We both kill without a seconds thought!"
    "I am not like you, I have my one rule"
    "tonight you are going to break your one rule"
    something along the lines of that. The reasons why I believe so, I don't know how Joker would know about his one rule if Batman just told Dent and Gordon. Unless Batman told Joker that he doesn't kill it really wouldnt' make much sense.

4. TDK Joker Float On

Maybe at the end of the movie Batman is doing a commercial for a company and says "I have one rule... and that rule is low low prices!" Or if you can think of a better joke pretend I said that one.

5. DarkSomnium Registered

6. BatmanFanatic Registered

:funny:

Okay well #1.) It's obvious he doesn't kill because he's never killed anyone. You can get that from watching the news. #2.) Joker wouldn't say we both kill without a seconds thought when there is obviously no evidence to support this. He might say we COULD both kill ... or "you could be just like me if you had one bad day" or something, but he can't actually claim that they are the same beyond the "freak" comparison.

I think "Tonight you're going to break your one rule" is a great line, because it's obvious Batman has a no-kill rule. However Batman actually stating "I have one rule" seems a bit redundant. I'm not sure in which situation he could really say that out loud and not seem a bit silly. And you know him stating it outright really takes away a lot of his power of fear with the criminals. They shouldn't be too sure he won't use killing force.

7. Mike059jig DESTROY GOTHAM!!!

Agreed and the other spot when he says "when every one lost their mind" so sick man

8. BatmanFanatic Registered

And also I'm wondering when Joker says "tonight you're gonna break your one rule" what is he actually implying - obviously he thinks Batman is going to kill, but is it him or someone else?

Isn't it rather stupid to prove a point about your enemies capacity for murder by getting yourself murdered? If the Joker has big plans for the city, if he's got the mob in the palm of his hand, if he wants Batman dead so badly - why would he step up to try to get whacked by the guy in order to prove some philosophical point?

Anyone else see a problem with this? :huh: And if Joker is trying to get Batman to kill someone else, who? It's a kunundrum...

9. Crook Registered

I always thought those were two lines. The first being said by Bats, and then a response from Joker.

:huh:

Yeah, it's getting kinda tedious now I think. I know that Joker is supposed to throw Bruce for a loop in his understanding of the criminal world, but I really hope he's not gonna cry it out until the final act.

10. CaptainClown Papa SPANK!!!

1. The general public doesn't know anything about Batman. We do, we follow him because we are the audience. We have no idea what Batman does if we were apart of Gotham, all we would have to go on is rumors. There are rumors that he flys and that he is really a bat who knows what to believe and the idea that he kills is not much of a stretch especially considering he is dressing as something to provoke fear. Not to mention Rahs but we wont.

2. Joker isn't making the comparison that they are both killers, he is making the comparison that they are both monsters in a way. They both have brought all sorts of chaos into the city through their presence. Batmans one rule is the only thing separating him from being two-face.

As for Batman stating he has one rule, it is important when exchanging dialog with the Joker and trying to reason why he is not a bad guy, and since the audience knows that Batman has a rule doesn't mean every kat in Gotham does. I bet if more people knew batman couldn't kill then lots of gangsters would be holding themselves hostage or throwing themselves out of balconies.

11. Mike059jig DESTROY GOTHAM!!!

It was so cool how the bat-pod went under the truck

12. RKO QT's Personal Consultant.

Uhh...yea. That is The Joker for ya, he is trying to get himself killed.

13. CaptainClown Papa SPANK!!!

If Batman kills joker, then Joker has beat him three ways.
    1. Batman has now tarnished his name and image and is viewed as a villain of the city.
    2. Joker has proven the point that they are both the same.
    3. It would then start this huge man hunt for Batman who is killing people who he deems bad.

It is like The Dark Knight Returns. Joker snaps his own neck to get the police looking for Batman. That one rule is the only thing keeping the city on Batman's side.

14. Carnotaur3 Registered

It sounds like both of them come from Joker.

He says, "I am one rule. Tonight you're going to break your one rule!"

15. Gianakin_ SW Prequels Defender

No, I'm pretty sure Batman says "I have one rule" and then Joker says "Tonigh, you're gonna break your one rule".

16. TheComicbookKid Swing n Miss

I think you're right. Those sound like two different people.

17. BatmanFanatic Registered

Christian just delivers that line so softly and sadly... I was like "awwwww, here Batman, have a tissue!" lol. I mean it's fine, it's in the script obviously, but just hearing him "spell it out" is kind of amusing, with the whole -

Bruce Wayne (emo mode):
    But this isn't what I wanted to happen! (pout) I thought dressing up as a giant bat and beating people up would solve everything and not have any consequences! Poo!

Alfred (mentor mode):
    You must endure Master Wayne.

:funny:

18. DSET Registered

okay please some1 explain to me
    why they are including different voice takes from trailer to tv spot
    "why so serious" doesnt sound nearly as good as it did originally
    why one are they gonna inlcude in the movie?(im guessing we wont know right)

also
    just to point out
    Im thinking the
    batman saying: "I have one rule"
    and the jokers saying "tonight your gonna break your one rule" line are far apart from each other (like cut from 1scene to another like the "im counting on it") hopefully not in the same conversation. If it is
    I dont want to have to say this but its very poor writing skils
    the repition in the lines is not only corny but its not up to standard dialect, if it is in the exact same conversation and one response to another they should have reworded the "one rule" with something else.
    Im pretty sure theres going to be at least a minute of dialogue between the response and the reply if not in two different scenes, at least Im hoping.

19. ActuallyRobin Registered

I think it's partly to gage audience reaction perhaps? You know they watch the boards.

20. BatmanFanatic Registered

I would roll in laughter if anyone from WB or TDK actually watched these boards to care what we think. I seriously doubt it.

21. ActuallyRobin Registered

It wouldn't surprise me if they at least kept an eye out on the intertubes.

22. ActuallyRobin Registered

doh, double post

23. byte19 200... It WILL Happen...

A.R., what the hell is going on in your avatar? :D

24. TDK Joker Float On

It quite clearly a kitten rolling on top of patrick stwarts head chasing Indiana Jones.
    What is happening in your avatar A.R?!

25. ActuallyRobin Registered

It's a kitten, rolling on Patrick Stewart's head, with Indy running away, DUHHHH!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.