Trailer has been rated, running time 2:25!?

I just can't believe Jinx is in the movie!!! I love that broad!!!

They went Robot Chicken status and killed most of the Joes off. :funny:

Seriously speaking though I won't really miss any of the other characters from the last movie. For the exception of Rachel Nichols Scarlet who was damn hot.

I wish Lady Jaye had short hair but that's just me nitpicking.

This looks alot better than the first.

As a Joe fan, the first one really nailed the tone and had good action. Just needed some other tweaks.

This one... oh my god, they're killing the entire surviving cast off right at the start?! That's the kind of quality storytelling you expect from a cheapie direct-to-video-sequel. Amateur hour writing, fellas. I don't care what you think about the first movie - that's crap. That's BloodSport 2. Treat your established viewers with respect, don't burn your bridges in favor of only appealing to newcomers. If you want to start fresh, REBOOT. Don't do this.

And Roadblock has always been one of my favorite Joes for the humor he brings. That ain't Roadblock. That's just The Rock playing The Rock. *sigh*

At least the action looks decent, but this just went from "Moderately Excited" to "I'm Dreading This."

Last edited:
They are, they kept Snake eyes didn't they.

As a Joe fan, the first one really nailed the tone and had good action. Just needed some other tweaks.

This one... oh my god, they're killing the entire surviving cast off right at the start?! That's the kind of quality storytelling you expect from a cheapie direct-to-video-sequel. Amateur hour writing, fellas. I don't care what you think about the first movie - that's crap. That's BloodSport 2. Treat your established viewers with respect, don't burn your bridges in favor of only appealing to newcomers. If you want to start fresh, REBOOT. Don't do this.

And Roadblock has always been one of my favorite Joes for the humor he brings. That ain't Roadblock. That's just The Rock playing The Rock. *sigh*

At least the action looks decent, but this just went from "Moderately Excited" to "I'm Dreading This."

Bishop, glad I'm not alone - your post practically states a lot of other things that irked me the wrong way.

It looks like Snake eyes and Jinx are carrying a body up a mountain? Who could that be?

Everyone is talking about Duke and Scarlett...what about General Hawk. I thought he was one of the more faithful characters of the first movie.

Also...there's a shot at the end with a bunch of bodies in liquid filled tubes. Makes me wonder if some of the Joes are there to be brought back to life or something. I mean Storm shadow looked like he died in the first movie too...and he came back too.

I feel the same way, this movie looks so generic. Also, I find it funny that this elite GI Joe military unit will now be wiped out twice.

Yeah I think Ray Park said he was going to be.

Awesome! I just didn't see him in the trailer and wondered if I had made an error. I am also wondering is Storm Shadow will get a new non-crap suit in this one.

It looks like Snake eyes and Jinx are carrying a body up a mountain? Who could that be?

Everyone is talking about Duke and Scarlett...what about General Hawk. I thought he was one of the more faithful characters of the first movie.

Also...there's a shot at the end with a bunch of bodies in liquid filled tubes. Makes me wonder if some of the Joes are there to be brought back to life or something. I mean Storm shadow looked like he died in the first movie too...and he came back too.

The bodies in tubes appear to be wearing Cobra gear. I figured they were giving us some kind of new supersoldiers, but it'd be cool if they were brainwashing some of the old heroes or something; it'd give some hope to the old characters surviving, at least, which is something.

I do find it funny that the only recognizable face on either team that seems to be part of the action is... also one of the only characters who died in the first movie. I'm expecting a revival for Storm Shadow that involves the use of the first flick's nanotech, perhaps. They'll probably just blow past the explanation quickly without really getting into it too much...

Awesome! I just didn't see him in the trailer and wondered if I had made an error. I am also wondering is Storm Shadow will get a new non-crap suit in this one.

You didn't like Storm Shadow's suit the first time? Honestly, I thought that was one thing that nobody complained about. (Although really, I never "got" all the people griping over Snake Eyes' lips. Talk about a really, really minor detail to obsess over when compared to how great the suit looked overall.)

Seeing as Snake Eyes got a pretty slick new costume I would hope Storm Shadow gets a new costume himself.

Can't wait to see those two battle it out as it was one of the highlights of the last movie.

looks like it could be fun, so who actually gets killed off? basically anyone who didn't return.

no scarlet, heavy duty duke?

i take it destro and baroness are not coming back, ahh well at least CC looks decent

ok this is something i've been thinking about after watching the trailer

gi joe became action force in the uk, and the original 12 inch figures were know as action man

so if willis is the first ever joe, you could say his character is the original toy, so therefore bruce willis is the original action man :D

Last edited:
looks like it could be fun, so who actually gets killed off? basically anyone who didn't return.

Well, they weren't even invited back. The only one invited back was Channing Tatum; judging by the trailer, he's in it just long enough to get killed in the first 15 minutes. Scarlett, Heavy Duty, Ripcord, Breaker and General Dennis Quaid? All declared dead off-screen, it seems, so The Rock can declare that precious few remaining are "the only ones left."

so if willis is the first ever joe, you could say his character is the original toy, so therefore bruce willis is the original action man :D

Indeed, Willis is playing General Joe Colton, aka the man originally named "G.I. Joe." It's the name that Hasbro retroactively assigned to all of the original G.I. Joe/Action Man toys in... I think 1989? I don't think the name was always there anyway, until then.

Cobra Commander looks perfect!

Roadblock vs Firefly

Who is on the bike?

Seeing as Snake Eyes got a pretty slick new costume I would hope Storm Shadow gets a new costume himself.

Looking at these two distant images it doesn't look overly different.

He does seem to have his own henchmen though.

Can't wait to see those two battle it out as it was one of the highlights of the last movie.

Agreed and I hope it's on that snowy mountain, it would make an incredible backdrop for a Ninja duel. :D

Indeed, Willis is playing General Joe Colton, aka the man originally named "G.I. Joe." It's the name that Hasbro retroactively assigned to all of the original G.I. Joe/Action Man toys in... I think 1989? I don't think the name was always there anyway, until then.

it was never used in the uk, we always had it as action man and then the toon was action force, which i found funny about all the fans moaning about the changes the first film made with the characters accents, to the rest of the world thats the way it always was

see personally i was one of the few that didn't mind the changes to character nationality in the first film, mainly because i still feel the changes made to joe for it to become action force actually improved the concept, all they have to do is have duke run the joes and flint run action force.

plus the theme song was just better :o

[YT]i1RBEqRt52Y[/YT]

Last edited:
Not bad trailer. Looks better than the first one. Happy to see Tatum's character get killed off. He was the worst thing about the first movie.

The dub step remix of Seven Nation Army was awesome.

Cobra Commander looks perfect!

Roadblock vs Firefly

Who is on the bike?

Looking at these two distant images it doesn't look overly different.

He does seem to have his own henchmen though.

Agreed and I hope it's on that snowy mountain, it would make an incredible backdrop for a Ninja duel. :D

Yeah you're right Storm Shadows costume doesn't look all that different. No worries I didn't really have all that big of a problem with it in the last movie.

Also, yeah Cobra Commander is perfect incarnate in this movie. The shot Cobra Commander on that boat looks so bad ash especially with his arm behind his back. Just some really good posing there.

My theory on Duke, He is probably captured in the initial attack, possibly with some other Joes. He was too instrumental in the failure of Cobra's plot in the first movie for them not to want him captured alive. I kind of figured that Tatum was not going to be in this much, as there were constant twitter updates from the Rock and Ray Park, but Tatum pretty much said he was filming Joe 2 one day, and a few days later he was someplace else already.

if your only view of Roadblock is as the BBQ cooking rhyming guy from the cartoons then I think you may be disappointed....someone who follows the comic books mentioned that the mountain rappel ninja fight scene is actually taken from one of the pivotal comics.

Cool looking trailer but as a sequel it's a really dumb move what they are pulling with the Joes. The thing i loved about the first one was it felt like a movie adaptation of a cartoon/toy property and was fun. This one looks like it wants to be more of a war movie than a adaptation of GI Joe. Not to mention why does the Rock always have to be the center of attention in all movies?

I'm still not sure what my feelings are towards the first film. I saw it in theaters and twice on Netflix.

I guess I like parts of it, but other parts I roll my eyes at.

I think it's fun but a little too corny for my taste. Main problem I had were the villains

Cool looking trailer but as a sequel it's a really dumb move what they are pulling with the Joes. The thing i loved about the first one was it felt like a movie adaptation of a cartoon/toy property and was fun. This one looks like it wants to be more of a war movie than a adaptation of GI Joe. Not to mention why does the Rock always have to be the center of attention in all movies?

That's actually what I like about it. A Movie about War shouldn't feel like a Toy commercial. I always thought, when they adapt it, it should be more serious.

That's actually what I like about it. A Movie about War shouldn't feel like a Toy commercial. I always thought, when they adapt it, it should be more serious.

Exactly!! If they would've made a movie with a serious tone about an elite military unit against a new threat (Cobra) it would've been a little better.

From the trailer, at least, it looks like 2 will be more serious; with a few comedic moments sprinkled throughout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"