Trailer has been rated, running time 2:25!?

It's a movie based on a cartoon/toys, if they want to make an all out war movie maybe they should do an original story instead of using GI Joe property as an excuse. You have a guy with a metal face, another guy who can't speak and wears a visor all the time. A bad guy that looks like he could be part of Vader's family. I mean let's not kid ourselves, not everything should be given the "realistic" approach that's been the business since Nolan started it with Batman Begins.

I can appreciate this. But as long as the material is taken seriously, certain elemenTs don't seem so over-the-top.

A man dressing like a bat sounds really dumb. A guy with 3 claws coming out is ludicrous.

But when everything around them is treated in a serious manner, it seems to help.

Really liked the trailer. Thought the first movie was dumb but ultimately alot of fun and am looking forward to more. Snake Eyes looks great.

Finally saw the trailer and was quite impressed, i'm not happy the whole cast of the first movie are either not appearing or being killed off, makes the first movie a bit pointless and I personally enjoy it as dumb fun.

But, Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow were by far the highlight of the first movie and i'm glad it looks like they are front and centre again, the scene with the ninja's on the mountain looks superb from what little we saw so cant wait to see that.

Yeah you're right Storm Shadows costume doesn't look all that different. No worries I didn't really have all that big of a problem with it in the last movie.

Also, yeah Cobra Commander is perfect incarnate in this movie. The shot Cobra Commander on that boat looks so bad ash especially with his arm behind his back. Just some really good posing there.

I was hoping it would be a bit more militaristic and less Armani, but no biggie.

That was one of my favourite shots outside of the Ninja mountain sequence, it looked like it was a page come to life, I also recall the hovercraft being a big vehicle in the toy line as a kid. The old James Bond fan in me loved the tooled up bike as well. :D

So Cobra gets Firefly but the Joe's does not get Barbeque? What a jip!!!

loved the trailer especially snake eyes, but will be gutted if they kill of or sideline duke during the film

Would suck for Duke, but I just don't care for Tatum. They should have re-cast the role.

Funny how the very thing that people mocked about chu(or at least one of), his dancing movies, is one of the biggest selling points in this trailer/project.

That cliffside set piece choreography is straight out of the mind of a dance film director.

It's a movie based on a cartoon/toys, if they want to make an all out war movie maybe they should do an original story instead of using GI Joe property as an excuse. You have a guy with a metal face, another guy who can't speak and wears a visor all the time. A bad guy that looks like he could be part of Vader's family. I mean let's not kid ourselves, not everything should be given the "realistic" approach that's been the business since Nolan started it with Batman Begins.

Completely agreed with what you said. Not everything in the world is designed to be grim-n-gritty. The crazy sci-fi/fantasy aspects of G.I. Joe's universe are rather at odds with a "serious" tone.

Would suck for Duke, but I just don't care for Tatum. They should have re-cast the role.

I never had any problem with Channing Tatum. He seems to be one of those actors that people just instinctively dislike a lot, for reasons unknown...

Completely agreed with what you said. Not everything in the world is designed to be grim-n-gritty. The crazy sci-fi/fantasy aspects of G.I. Joe's universe are rather at odds with a "serious" tone.

I never had any problem with Channing Tatum. He seems to be one of those actors that people just instinctively dislike a lot, for reasons unknown...

I had honestly never seen him before in anything before the first movie, so had nothing to judge him on, but I thought he was poor in GI Joe:ROTC, he was VERY wooden.

I'll be a bit disappointed if they do indeed bring Duke back just to have him unceremoniously get killed off. Feels a bit like Cyke in X-Men: The Last Stand, which to me is kind of cheap. Sweeping the other Joes from the first movie under the rug like that also seems a bit cheap too. I dunno, the movie looks okay, but I doubt I'll see it. Didn't care for Tatum's performance in the first movie, but he was far from the worst thing about it. /sigh. Poor Duke. Bad actor in first movie, killed off in second? R.I.P 1SG Conrad S. Hauser (even though he claimed he was a Captain in the first movie, which is ridiculous).

1. It'll obviously still have a sense of fun to it, which is what the trailer portrays as well as taken it's subject matter seriously.

2. Correct, if I'm wrong but wasnt G.I Joe:Resolute a pretty serious depiction of the G.I Joe mythology?

3. Much like other's have said he's wooden and has no charisma....His characters are the same in every film.

2. Correct, if I'm wrong but wasnt G.I Joe:Resolute a pretty serious depiction of the G.I Joe mythology?

Fairly serious. Not without humor, though. And the last-chapter reveal/twist was QUITE goofy, but I thought it was endearingly so.

3. Much like other's have said he's wooden and has no charisma....His characters are the same in every film.

I don't think he's bad at playing largely the same character, though. Let's face it, most actors seem to play the same character 95% of the time. At least this guy's capable of conveying emotions other than his usual "I'm a bro, bro" when the occasion demands for it, like in his romantical flicks. Perhaps the biggest outside-the-box part for him was in The Dilemma, which was a different character for him that he pulled off pretty well, too bad the flick itself was crap.

Fairly serious. Not without humor, though. And the last-chapter reveal/twist was QUITE goofy, but I thought it was endearingly so.

So there should be no problem with the tone of this movie:woot:

Has anyone brought up the idea that maybe Duke is captured alive?

I just can't see Chu (who is in fact a big Joe fan) killing him off. Even though yes, I have heard that its been done in the cartoon/comics, etc.

I just can't see Chu (who is in fact a big Joe fan) killing him off. Even though yes, I have heard that its been done in the cartoon/comics, etc.

Easily a possibility

Not that I can see. A quick check on Wiki says:

"Zartan (who is last seen in disguise as the President of the United States) frames all G.I. Joe operatives as traitors and wipes most of the joes out with a sneak attack, leaving only Duke, Roadblock, Snake Eyes, Flint and Lady Jaye."

Yet it seems like he seemingly disappears from the trailer after two quick shots. No real reference to him being made (although it IS just a trailer), gives me the same vibes TLS did with Cyke. I have a feeling that this will indeed be the case. I'd love to be wrong, but I doubt I will be.

As far as I can tell there's no online source I can find to corroborate what Wiki is currently stating.

just watched the trailer again and when the joes get attacked, if you look at the cap where the rock rips some dog tags and says they are all dead....the face looks like channing tatum.....

it is starting to feel like the cyclops scenario in x-men. i thought chan with a good director was a good fit for duke, him and nicholls should have been kept.

It's not him. I looked at that too.

Before this gets totally blown out of proportion keep on mind that this whole "Duke is killed" is pure speculation based on THIS TRAILER.

This isnt like X3 where people read an early draft of the script and spoiled Cykes death. We don't know anything about this movie that could suggest anything about Dukes fate other than that he's missing for most of the film.

He could be dead, he could be captured, he could be anything...

I'm Just saying lets just wait and see until we get more info before "burying" Duke.

...again, this is all based on the 1:45 seconds he's not in the trailer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"