Trailers that really did show the whole movie

I feel like half the movies that come out these days have something spoiled in the advertisements, either by showing plot details or sometimes even just by showing too much of an action sequence or something. Since The Force Awakens in late 2015 I've been staying away from TV spots for movies I plan to see, and I gave up international trailers after Rogue One. At this point I don't watch anything other than the three or so main domestic trailers if I know I'm going to see a movie, I also try not to analyze trailers I watch that much, I try to watch them as passively as possible. As for movies that have spoiled plot-points in the main trailers, How to Train Your Dragon 2 is probably the worst offender I've seen.

I feel like half the movies that come out these days have something spoiled in the advertisements, either by showing plot details or sometimes even just by showing too much of an action sequence or something. Since The Force Awakens in late 2015 I've been staying away from TV spots for movies I plan to see, and I gave up international trailers after Rogue One. At this point I don't watch anything other than the three or so main domestic trailers if I know I'm going to see a movie, I also try not to analyze trailers I watch that much, I try to watch them as passively as possible. As for movies that have spoiled plot-points in the main trailers, How to Train Your Dragon 2 is probably the worst offender I've seen.

I mentioned this one earlier in the thread, it was really horrible. Like why even make a movie with a cool twist like that if they're literally just going to spoil the entire thing in the previews. It sucks.

I'm a big fan of media-blackout for any film I know I'm going to see. It's not always possible to avoid everything, but I've managed to go to at least several films over the last 5 years or more without seeing anything more than a poster. I went into The Avengers completely blind, which was great.

Modern audiences seem to want every scrap of information they can their hands on (or a lot people do). I have friends who scour the internet to learn everything they can, and I don't understand the mentality. One friend insists knowing as much as he can makes the viewing experience richer -it's the total opposite for me. The less I know, the better.

Heck, sometimes even if you do a valiant job of avoiding something -like the Thor Ragnarok trailer for example- it's still difficult keeping spoilers at bay because a lot of people who have seen it will talk about it right after. And that's fine, folks get excited, but it wouldn't be a problem if the friggin' movie companies could try and build a little suspense and wonder, instead of blowing their load months in advance.

Alas, doesn't look like the spoiler-frenzy trend is going to slow down any time soon.

[YT]8hYlB38asDY[/YT]

I'm realizing now how often trailers show a kiss and then it's cut in the final version.

Obviously, which is why everyone else who responded so far read the first post -as opposed to taking the thread title literally :whatever:

I read it but I guess you didn't or the rest of the thread. :huh:

I really liked the Thor: Ragnarok trailer but... I feel like it might have given away pretty much the entire story.

1. Hela shows up, lays waste to Asgard.
2. Thor's hammer is destroyed and he gets exiled, as does Loki.
3. Thor meets Valkyrie and Hulk, eventually recruits them to defeat Hela.
4. They find Loki, who has been imprisoned. They recruit him to join the cause.
5. The team returns to Asgard and fights Hela. Thor regains his thunder god power to defeat her, while Hulk faces off against Surter, who will presumably be Hela's ultimate weapon to lay waste to the universe.

Maybe I'm wrong about all of that. But that's certainly how it looks to me. Hopefully though, there will be many other surprises.

I read it but I guess you didn't or the rest of the thread. :huh:

I've made several posts that are in line with the thread's premise, while you made one that seems to completely miss the point. I have to believe you're either being intentionally obtuse, or you're very confused as to what this discussion is actually about.

Maybe I'm wrong about all of that. But that's certainly how it looks to me. Hopefully though, there will be many other surprises.

I hope so too. They really gave the whole game away. I mean a lot of people already knew Hulk was going to be in the film, but how incredibly cool would it have been if they'd just not shown him in the trailer? Seeing that "He's a friend from work!" part in theaters would have been so much more satisfying than having it ruined months in advance.

It's like how comedy trailers always show their like, five best jokes from the movie. It's kind of maddening being in the minority on not wanting every little thing spoiled before seeing the actual film.

I remember with the Amazing Spider-Man 2 trailers you could pretty much guess what the entire movie was like. They were truly desperate, and you understood why after watching it.

I thought the trailers for Finding Nemo crammed in pretty much all the jokes.

The trailer for "It" basically showed all the best parts of the movie. I was so p***ed when I saw it.

The Beguiled (Sofia Coppola version)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"