• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Age of Extinction Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME. - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Bay can destroy the world with this one. Would be pretty badass.

Hell, if Stathem is in this, it could be the most badass flick in a long time.

(oh yeah, since this is a Transformer forum, and a Transformer thread, I can fight anyone who disagrees. Because i'm being a postive nancy here :awesome:)

I would've much rather had the voice actor who did Megatron's voice from the G1 series for Megs in the movie. I like Hugo, but IMO his voice wasn't all that vital to the role of Megs and was barely recognizable after they did post.

I would've much rather preferred the G1 or Galvatron voice as opposed to the snarling, grunting beast like Megs voice we got in the series.

However, I hope Megs/Galv is not the shiny silver bot that Optimus was beating up on when the blackbot (possibly Lockdown) blasted him in the chest. That bot looks like a megazord.

I would have preferred Welker too, and didn't they confirm Galv was the
black 18 wheeler
?

They auditioned Welker and his Meg's voice didn't sound like how most fans of the cartoon would have liked for it to sound, due to his age.

He does sound different on Prime.

He does sound different on Prime.

Well, as raspy as he used to play Megs, I don't think there's any way he would have sounded the same, but I don't mind the way he sounds now. Besides, they process the audio so damn much it doesn't matter THAT much. I just want him for nostalgia sake. I'm just really glad Peter Cullen's voice hasn't changed all that much because anyone else who has ever voices Prime just seems sacrilegious.

Just to add in the new thread, there has been a 33 second spot classified by the BBFC (I think). Speculation is that it'll be shown during the Teen Choice Awards that Wahlberg is apparently hosting.

No word if it's got new footage or if it's the updated CGI version of e superbowl spot.

I would have preferred Welker too, and didn't they confirm Galv was the
black 18 wheeler
?

Oh I didn't know that. I thought it was Ultra Magnus, and that he would be taking over for Prime if they finally killed him and didn't bring him back this time, plus since they used Sentinel Prime as Prime's predecessor.

I just hope that the shiny bot is not him though when transformed. Can anyone put up a screenshot of the fight between optimus and gray shiny bot before he gets blasted by the black bot?

They auditioned Welker and his Meg's voice didn't sound like how most fans of the cartoon would have liked for it to sound, due to his age.

Pitty :dry: I would've liked him back or anyone that can do his voice now. Who did the voice of galvatron in the 80s TF: the movie? Was that Nemoy?

Well, as raspy as he used to play Megs, I don't think there's any way he would have sounded the same, but I don't mind the way he sounds now. Besides, they process the audio so damn much it doesn't matter THAT much. I just want him for nostalgia sake. I'm just really glad Peter Cullen's voice hasn't changed all that much because anyone else who has ever voices Prime just seems sacrilegious.

True, I'm sure they could match up the voices to sound similar. Oh well...I would've liked it for nostalgia sake too.

Since Michael Bay likes to use the villains we expect the least, i think Jhiaxus wouldn't be a bad choice down the line

Jhiaxuscomic.jpg

Pitty :dry: I would've liked him back or anyone that can do his voice now. Who did the voice of galvatron in the 80s TF: the movie? Was that Nemoy?

Yeah, that was Nemoy..and lately, he hasn't been in the best of health.:csad:

I actually enjoy the bots voices, but you can replace Megatron's very easily, i only realised it was Hugo Weaving doing the voice way after i saw the first and even possibly the 2nd movie.

I actually enjoy the bots voices, but you can replace Megatron's very easily, i only realised it was Hugo Weaving doing the voice way after i saw the first and even possibly the 2nd movie.

Idk...I think if they replaced any of the already existing Autobots it would have been much more noticeable. They just got more distinct voice actors for the good guys. Of course the only one left is Optimus anyway, and if they replace Peter Cullen I will officially boycott.

I like what they did with the actors at least! Signing Wahlberg and getting rid of Shia LaBeouf is a HUGE plus!

As for the robots, it's too early to say, but I hope for no more childish & unfunny BS!

I like what they did with the actors at least! Signing Wahlberg and getting rid of Shia LaBeouf is a HUGE plus!

As for the robots, it's too early to say, but I hope for no more childish & unfunny BS!

Wishful thinking. Bay is still at the helm and all the comedic aspects of TF 1, were not in the script (as mentioned by Speilburg in the TF 1 behind the scenes); they were improvised at the behest of Bay, on set. He likes it that way, i see no reason why he would change that formula now given the tons of money this franchise has made.

The comedy still seems to be there, look at the trailer and you can already spot some possible examples of that, like: "Don't mess with people from Texas", or However the phrase was, and that guy Government with the glasses who says they don't need the Autobots anymore and is later at the city screaming: "Oh My Gooood!"

His comedy is still definitelly there, didn't know that the comedy was improvised though, did Bay ask a specific kind of comedy? Because in other improvised comedy scenes in movies i don't remember it being so unpleasant or bad.

He's actually been promising to get away with the "Dorky Humor" since TF2, and still doesn't seem to be following that promise, hell, i wouldn't even call it Dorky humor as he did, it's more like "Jock humor", witht he way he talks about his characters in Pain & Gain he does seem to be stuck on adolescente kind of jokes, in interviews for that film, the way he talks about his oun characters is Basically: "Look at those loosers!"

That said, i'm in least hopeful towards entertainment, i had a blast watching TF3 in all its 3D glory, now there's even Samurai Optimus Prime and Transformers Dinossaurs. You can criticise his characters and plot all you want, but with Spielberg not making that many blockbusters anymore, Bay is along with James Cameron the closest you can get to a modern Steven Spielberg when it comes to Spectacle, though Cameron has more substance.

On the TF1 disc; Spielburg would look at the dailies and commente on how half the stuff Bay shot wasn't even in the script, i.e the humor with the parents, etc. I still wonder why he didn't nip it in the bud? But i guess he and Bay had a pre-arrangement about creative control. Remember, Bay didn't want to make Transformers. Spielburg talked him into it, so we got what we got because of Spielburg.

Now that the parents and Sam are gone, i hope at least the comedy (and i use that term loosely) isn't as vulgar; but alas, at the end of the day the studio wants to make money. Three films have made them a killing, so there's no motivation to change the formula now.

I just hope we're not going from 'jumping out of the frying pan into the fire' with the new cast…

One more tiny detail i like: in the final scene when he turns off the light and we hear gun shots. You suddenly see gun shots coming through the floor, which is the basements ceiling. I assume that is to convey that Hannibal has reached her and is wrestling the gun away from her after pointing it upwards; i thought that was a nice creative touch.

Last edited:
Well, the new cast still includes a yound romance between a supermodel and an...seems like this time it will be a male supermodel, though the main character is still an everyman. We are getting conspiracies once again, the agentes in the trailer looked more brutal, but once again, it was a trailer, in the film they may be as cheesy.

By the way, i'm curious, has Steven Spielberg ever talked about TF 2 and 3? I seem to remember James Cameron talking about how great a 3D experience Dark of the Moon was and even said that Bay's TF films were Basically this generation's Star Wars, an opinion i really disagree with, since the closest you could get to that in this Generation was Harry Potter.

By the way, i'm curious, has Steven Spielberg ever talked about TF 2 and 3? I seem to remember James Cameron talking about how great a 3D experience Dark of the Moon was and even said that Bay's TF films were Basically this generation's Star Wars, an opinion i really disagree with, since the closest you could get to that in this Generation was Harry Potter.

James Cameron said that?:wow: TF had the potential to be this generations SW but….well, then again, as desensitized to violence and sex as the young are today..maybe he's right.:o

And as far as TF 2 and 3..i don't know what Spielburg thought nor did i care. After seeing TF2 in the theater, i gave up on the franchise and refuse to give up more of my hard earned cash on dvd/bluray purchases; so maybe someone who purchased one of those heard Spielburg say something about them.

^ Do you misspell Spielberg on purpose or do you just not know how to spell it?

James Cameron said that?:wow: TF had the potential to be this generations SW but….well, then again, as desensitized to violence and sex as the young are today..maybe he's right.:o
I also greatly disagree with that :o As somebody who grew up in this generation, in terms of hype between the release of each film and book, as well as cultural phenomenon, Harry Potter easily takes the cake. I just find it entertaining that people who grew up in the generation of the original Star Wars are the ones trying to assign one to my generation, usually completelly missing the mark, by choosing either this, or Halo, or any other wrong choice.

Hell, thanks to Asian markets i could even argue that One Piece is this generation's Star Wars :o

Was on yahoo saw this quote about scenes of the movie that was shown at Cinemacon - Quote:

Onto the 13 minutes of footage, which opens with a brief shot of a small dinosaur — not a Dinobot — in some other world that is not earth, but quickly cuts to and teases a LOT of action. And LOTS of Transformers, most of which we've seen in the trailers.

https://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movi...inja-turtles-transformers-rock-152101941.html

Intersting... another planet that had dinosaur's possibly. Maybe that's where the dinobots get there altered forms...

My first guess was that it was a flasback of Ancient Earth for the pre-titles scene like these films usually do, but after they menion its not Earth i'm a bit more confused.

^ Do you misspell Spielberg on purpose or do you just not know how to spell it?

I KNEW someone was going to comment on that! I remember misspelling it some time back and people around here got bent out of shape about it...:whatever: I honestly don't know, or care, how to spell it, so long as i get my point across.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"