Age of Extinction Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it was only slightly better than ROTF, but overall still terrible.

Yeah, probably the case. And while DOTM got a few back on board, don't think it really left most SHH members wanting more.

The fact that Bay still included so much of his juvenile crap in the first half of DOTM meant that it didn't really win enough back, that film needed streamlining. I'd like to see this one return to the tone of the first.

I will probably see this some time but I'm not gonna be waiting around for it. The second and third movie had some cool visuals and fights but other than that they are really bad.

Killing characters like Starcream in such bad ways probably didn't help, but i do think it was a way more entertaining and enjoyable film than 2, i certainly had a great time watching this in 3D

Yeah and totally wasting characters like Sideswipe and Shockwave didnt help either. I will agree though its one of the best 3D experiences I have had, its of the few movies I have really enjoyed in 3D, the others being Avatar, Dredd, Star Trek Into Darkness and most recently Gravity, which was amazing in 3D.

The fact that Bay still included so much of his juvenile crap in the first half of DOTM meant that it didn't really win enough back, that film needed streamlining. I'd like to see this one return to the tone of the first.

Definitely, the start of DOTM could have easily lost 10-15 mins if not more, it would have helped the pacing a lot and made it a better movie IMO.

I think interest waned after ROTF was so bad.

I still content that it's the worst MAINSTREAM movie I've seen. I like action movies. I'm not being high minded. I'm not a fan of meandering plots that are overly long, wasted characters that don't move the story forward, and treating the audience like idiots with stupid jokes. I love humor but dangling ball from a bot and insensitive stereotypes aren't my cup of tea, especially in a film aimed at kids.

Definitely, the start of DOTM could have easily lost 10-15 mins if not more, it would have helped the pacing a lot and made it a better movie IMO.

Without a doubt, everything with Sam's parents and the guy from the Hangover movies could have been dumped for a start.

I still content that it's the worst MAINSTREAM movie I've seen. I like action movies. I'm not being high minded. I'm not a fan of meandering plots that are overly long, wasted characters that don't move the story forward, and treating the audience like idiots with stupid jokes. I love humor but dangling ball from a bot and insensitive stereotypes aren't my cup of tea, especially in a film aimed at kids.

It really was all of Bay's worst traits spread out over 2 and half noisy, incoherent hours.

Without a doubt, everything with Sam's parents and the guy from the Hangover movies could have been dumped for a start.

I have never minded Sam's parents in these movies, they are quite funny, but them driving him to job interviews and having to see Sam on those interviews, yeah, wasnt needed at all.

That Forrest fight is still worth the price of admission to ROTF imo. Best bot battle in the series. All down hill from there though.

That one and the scene in DOTM with the Dreads and Ironhide and Sideswipe comes close, even though it was shorter.

Last edited:
Someone over on TFW2005 has posted a thread with some simple Cgi images of AoE Prime... With one shot including both new look Bee and Grimlock... One shot of Prime has mention of a licensing expo,

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...-optimus-prime-bumblebee-and-grimlock-178659/

Wow, they I can actually tell them apart now. :oldrazz:

In all seriousness, though, I'm really loving the designs. They have a more streamlined, uniform look, instead of the garbage piles we saw in the last film. They weren't kidding when they said they were going in a different direction with the look of this film.

I especially love Optimus Prime's look. As someone mentioned on the forums of the site those photos came from, he really looks like a samurai (look at his shoulders and torso!). He looks very regal, warrior-like and commanding, like he could lead an army. The added mass really makes a big difference in making the designs stand out. And that head! That head design is so G1. It just screams Optimus Prime to me. :woot:

And Grimlock looks awesome.

If this is an indication of the direction the film is headed in, I'm definitely looking a bit more forward to this.

Last edited:
i see that the robot designs were changed for the asian market. they look like they were designed in china. Bay is a good business man. he knows that US and Europe is not enough to make a profit with the 4th TF movie.

Of course not. China is a massive moneymaker and Hollywood knows this now.

I like that the Transformers actually look more solid now. No open body parts or exposed joints.

This one is going to make all china's money.

It does seem like Michael Bay is trying to improve his films visually, the 2nd one tried to be bigger and more "epic", it ended up being bad and the battles were sometimes difficult to follow, so witht he 3rd film he improved the 3D and made the battles easier to follow, while still being very big, amazing how he was able to do so much with less than the budget he had in the 2nd film. Now he's making the robots more unique, another improvement.

Now if only he could stop with these, sometimes insulting, jokes, or in least gave some better characters, focusing on Mark Wahlberg's character seemed like an improvement, but his daughter and her boyfriend seem like more boring "super model" characters, there for those hiting puberty or as an excuse for audience surrogates.

Unlike many i didn't mind the military's role, if anything they're the ones who should be the human protagonists, they have a reason to be there, and i don't remember the ones from the first film being unlikeable.

It appears that someone may have recorded part of the final scene of the movie.... Complete with dialogue from a TF... Which, if true, is a huge spoiler....

That Forrest fight is still worth the price of admission to ROTF imo. Best bot battle in the series. All down hill from there though.

For me, its the best battle in a comic book movie, everything I have ever wanted to see from Prime in a movie about the Transformers. The rest of the movie doesnt live up of course, but that moment is golden. I also think Bumblebee's fight with Rampage and also Ravage is a great little fight scene that doesnt get enough love.

ROTF is a strange one, it has the best battles of the series, yet is the worst movie.

Someone over on TFW2005 has posted a thread with some simple Cgi images of AoE Prime... With one shot including both new look Bee and Grimlock... One shot of Prime has mention of a licensing expo,

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/transformers-4-age-of-extinction-renders-revealed-optimus-prime-bumblebee-and-grimlock-178659/

Yeah the new Prime looks great, different yet similar enough to know its the same character. Bumblebee and Grimlock look great as well.

It appears that someone may have recorded part of the final scene of the movie.... Complete with dialogue from a TF... Which, if true, is a huge spoiler....

If the translations are true, it means [BLACKOUT] Optimus will be leaving Earth at the end of AoE with the rest of the Autobots staying to protect the main family [/BLACKOUT], not sure if i like that, but something similar happened in a recent comic arc and [BLACKOUT]Bumblebee became the new leader of the Autobots as Optimus handed himself in to the humans as a prisoner [/BLACKOUT].

It just happened in the
series finale of Transformers Prime.

Looks like some of the actors have completed their stuff in filming...

is Bay joking or what? again...again OP giving a short speech and all humans looking up to him? with a sunset?

Tha'ts how I love all my Transformers films ending... Prime speech and linkin park song. If it's part of the franchise, I say keep it. Prime's voice is the only G1 thing about these movies anyway

Is DOTM worth watching? I liked the first one a lot, don't really remember the second because I haven't seen it since it came out, but is DOTM worth a watch because I never got around to seeing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"