Age of Extinction Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So hopefully Optimus Prime won't be a sociopathic ******* in this movie like he was in DOTM. Also, not stupid and forced humor Bay, ROTF and DOTM gave me enough of that.

You can't walk into this flick expecting something that wasn't in the others. Your just setting yourself for fail.

As much as I hate certain aspects of these films, I love the hell out of them.

I'm expecting the best set pieces, visuals and sound design money can buy. 2 Stand out bot fights. Film trailers that will be so rad, they will force the haters back into theatres. Bad humor. Too much human screen time. Prime owning everything. Awesome Jablonsky soundtrack. DINO BOTS!!!! An autobot saying "Punk Ass Decepticon". Lots of Military shots. Anger due to a cool bot likely biting the dust without getting respect...and hopefully a shot that rivals Megan Fox checking the engine in pt1 or the motorcyle in ROTF :awesome:

Anything more on the positive side will be a welcomed bonus.

Last edited:
Bay admitted that ROTF had problems and it was rushed. There is definitely a difference between ROTF and DSOTM. I loved the hell out of part 3 and the soundtrack was memorable. Bay's last movie Pain & Gain was also great. Here's hoping for awesome kickstart for this franchise.

If we ever get near the quality level of TF1 I will be happy, TF1 is still a great movie in my eyes and DOTM was closer to it than ROTF, but still quite a way off.

I do like the look of TF4 so far though, and I am glad they decided to freshen things up, Sam's story was getting a bit tedious.

Agreed about the first film. They could never quite capture that little bit of magic for the other two.

That's because they made the Transformers guest stars in their own franchise, focused on the WRONG humans (if Bay had made Epps and Lennox the main humans I would have been fine with it), and ratcheted up the obnoxious and offensive "comedy" up to twelve.

I also like how Michael Bay mentioned he's working with a budget that's smaller than even the first movie (that was $150 million), which means he might have to be a little smarter with what he uses the money on this time around.

He gets financial breaks from quite a few places like the military, so he can afford to.

Every cent is up on the screen imo. He always works well with what he's given. Don't think any of the Transformer films have been over 200m. They look more like 300m.

If there's one thing I can give Michael Bay, it's that he knows how stretch a dollar. Someone could give him $20,000 and he could make it look like $1,000,000.

So hopefully Optimus Prime won't be a sociopathic ******* in this movie like he was in DOTM. Also, not stupid and forced humor Bay, ROTF and DOTM gave me enough of that.

you are asking a WHOLE LOT...and I mean a LOT.

What do you guys think of the reveals on the new leaked call sheet, spoilers for people who want to know:

[BLACKOUT]The Dinobots are in the movie, as is Drift, Cyclonus is in but as an Autobot, and it seems Optimus and Bumblebee are the only returning Autobots from the 1st 3 movies.[/BLACKOUT]

Some interesting stuff indeed.

[BLACKOUT]Cyclonus is an autobot? WTF? Figured he would be the new Starscream[/BLACKOUT] I'm guessing there may be a few temp names through filming so maybe that's the case. That's an odd choice. But as far as[BLACKOUT] Dinobots[/BLACKOUT] **** YEAH! The new logo provides more evidence of their inclusion.

Last edited:
The way he handled Shockwave, and Soundwave I really have no hope for them.

Having been a pretty big fan of the Transformers trilogy that Bay created (yes, ROTF was horrible in terms of story and dialogue, but the action was still really good and that's primarily the reason why I like the Bayformers movies) I am actually pretty disappointed with the direction that TF4 is heading. With the Dinobots possibly being in this film and the design of the vehicles that they're using, such as Optimus and Bumblebee, I feel like we're gonna get another ROTF. I'm just not anticipating this film as much as I did to previous Transformers films.

What do you guys think of the reveals on the new leaked call sheet, spoilers for people who want to know:

[BLACKOUT]The Dinobots are in the movie, as is Drift, Cyclonus is in but as an Autobot, and it seems Optimus and Bumblebee are the only returning Autobots from the 1st 3 movies.[/BLACKOUT]

Some interesting stuff indeed.

I wanted the other Autobots from the last movie to shine especially Ratchet. :csad:

Seen an interesting rumour.... Apparently the clapperboards used by the crew during filming have had CGI Bot images of all the characters on different ones... Have seen one image of a red bot on a clapperboard, but yet to see any others...

Lorenzo Di Bonaventura officialy confirmed Dinobots on some bejing site. So thats pretty awesome.

[BLACKOUT]Cyclonus is an autobot? WTF? Figured he would be the new Starscream[/BLACKOUT] I'm guessing there may be a few temp names through filming so maybe that's the case. That's an odd choice. But as far as[BLACKOUT] Dinobots[/BLACKOUT] **** YEAH! The new logo provides more evidence of their inclusion.

Yeah very confused regarding Cyclonus, hope its just a temp name as you said, otherwise I hope its revealed he is a spy working for the Decepticons if he is to be in the movie.

Very happy we are getting Dinobots, and almost as excited to see Drift as well, cant wait for his fight scenes.

I wanted the other Autobots from the last movie to shine especially Ratchet. :csad:

Same here, was hoping both Ratchet and Sideswipe would be getting more screen-time, both deserve it, same.

The possible title for this film are

"Transformers: Last Stand" and
"Transformers: Apocalypse"

It reminds me of the X-Men!

Now they may be adding "Age of Extinction." It's like they're just going to Marvel for possible subtitles, haha.

Now they may be adding "Age of Extinction." It's like they're just going to Marvel for possible subtitles, haha.

they also have this

MarkMonitor, which is also the registrar for the Transformers 4 official website, registered names for Transformers: Last Stand, Transformers: Apocalypse, and Transformers: Future Cast.

LOL! Sounds like Future Past!

Yeah very confused regarding Cyclonus, hope its just a temp name as you said, otherwise I hope its revealed he is a spy working for the Decepticons if he is to be in the movie.

Very happy we are getting Dinobots, and almost as excited to see Drift as well, cant wait for his fight scenes.

Yeah, Drift should be awesome. If we can get Sideswipe back this should be a pretty sick line up of bots.

AOE title confirmed

transformers-4-teaser-poster.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee