Transformers: Combiner Wars

Discussion in 'Cybertron' started by Gabe99, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Gabe99 Registered

Comic-Con: 'Transformers' Animated Series Coming to Machinima (Exclusive)
    The series will be based on the 'Combiner Wars' toy line and comic books.
    TRANSFORMERS TEAM TALKS "WINDBLADE," NEW FEMALE CHARACTERS

Machinima Transformers: Combiner Wars 8 Episode Cartoon Coming July, Show Summary Revealed
    First Images from the ‘Transformers: Combiner Wars’ Animated Series Roll Out
    A four-episode prelude mini-series will introduce fans to the state of Cyberton before the full series debuts later this summer.
    [​IMG]

2. Gabe99 Registered

3. Gabe99 Registered

4. Karelia Always Hold On To Smallville...

I enjoyed it. A lot of people complaining about it... It's only 5 minute episodes. It's hard to get a deep story with 8 five minute episodes. The writing could have been better... but eh. I enjoyed it. I'd like to see a full blown series with this tone.

5. Grootster Dancing Tree

I watched this series last year and almost forgot it exited until recently. I know it was low budget and all, but I don't feel it's hyperbole to say that Combiner Wars was probably one of the worst pieces of storytelling media I've ever had the displeasure of sitting through. The voice acting ranged from tolerable to atrocious. I didn't hate Jon Bailey as Optimus as much as I thought I would, but for some reason all of the Decepticons sounded like teenagers with lisps. There was no actual combining in the entire series (aside from ol' Dormammu at the end). Any kind of backstory for the plot or characters was vague or nonexistent, and the storyline and character reasoning was nonsensical. The whole thing felt like a bunch of cliches written around '86 movie references.

There was one single moment I enjoyed. Just watch up until the 26:48 mark: https://youtu.be/CGX5qN4947A?t=1579

6. CyclopsSummers Registered

This new toyline serie ( Combiner Wars/Titans Wars/Power of Primes) set in G1 continuity ??

7. Grootster Dancing Tree

Sort of. A problem with the Transformers brand is that there is a lot of stuff labeled "G1", but that doesn't mean it all necessarily fits in the same timeline. So yes, this series (and toyline) is technically G1, but it may or may not take place in the same timeline as the '80s cartoon, or the Marvel comics.

8. Grootster Dancing Tree