Revenge of the Fallen Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, The Official Game Thread

PJBoy

Sidekick
Reaction score
Let's discuss the future news about the game here. :cwink:

It better be improved on, that's all I can say. The first one was an epic fail.

All I can say is keep the same formula for the ds version except improve graphics and make it longer. Also allow people to battle online agianst each other rather than doing the daily challenge for a peice of the all spark.

You know, an online TF game wouldn't be a bad concept, I'm thinking fully customizable robots, mission battles, set on different planets including Cybertron and Earth. It has potential but who would be gutsy enough to pick it up ;)

Yeah, this could be an awesome game with a little effort. They need to improve the fighting. I think that was the biggest downfall of the first one. I think with good fighting, the first game could have gone from a 4 outa 10 to like a 7. They should work on that first and then the other things like missions and weapons. The first one was extremely fun to play.... for about the first 5 minutes or until you started a mission anyway.

You should be able to fight another transformer without having to throw something at them. The weapons were useless against other bots unless you did something first like knock them down or throw something at them, that was annoying as hell.

With a few tweeks this game could be pretty cool. Maybe if they didn't try to base it on the movie and just make a transformers game. Because out of all the movie based video games that have ever made, there is like two good ones. I'm only saying two because I can only think of one and I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and guessing there has to be at least one more good video game based on a movie. The only one I think of is Goldeneye for N64

Part of a recently released web document which revealed the existence of Microsoft's forthcoming version of the Nintendo Mii's called Avatars was information on the tie-in game to the Transformers Movie. The game, currently dubbed Transformers 2: The Ultimate Battle, is listed as being released on the PS3, PS2, PC, Wii, PSP, DS and Xbox 360. The document (you can find the image below) contains the following text. "Make every second count Transformers 2: The Ultimate Battle, as you choose to seek revenge as the Decepticons or defined Earth as the Autobots. Go beyond the movie and drop into pressure-packed missions where seconds can make the difference between survival and destruction. Play as a variety of Transformers, such as the evil Starscream or heroic Optimus Prime, to either demolish or protect fully destructible environments around the globe. A new Transformation system gives you more detailed control as you instantly switch between Robot, Weapon, and Vehicle modes at any time to drive, fly, fight and shoot youy way through gripping levels. Then make your choice online as you go head to head against friends in multiplayer battle zones. Your alliance will decide whether Earth's greatest cities stand or fall in ruin as you experience the ultimate level of intensity in this race against time.

Price: $59.99 for Playstation 3 and Xbox 360
$49.99 for Wii, PS2 and PC
$39.99 for PSP
$29.99 for NDS (2SKUs)
Expected ESRB Rating: T/Teen - Suitable for those ages 13 and older
".

If true, this confirms suspicions that the returning Transformer metioned by Hasbro is not Megatron, as many believe, but is Starscream, with the film seeing him return to Earth with a new band of Decepticons to take revenge of the Autobots. Hence Revenge of the Fallen.

http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/co...ails+of+Transformers+2+the+game+revealed.html

Good find....I am in the process of still playing the first one....I just start playing it and something comes up....

The trailer for the upcoming videogame is expected to hit Feb. 6th.

A site was recently set up for the new incarnation of the Battle for the Allspark online battles and contained the above info.

dude...
Transformers MMO

that would kick large amounts of ass. the problem i feel is that some would want 80's square models, and others would want movie models. eh... give you both options lol

This sounds like a game that I'd love to play online, when you get to have a true Autobot vs Decepticon battle and not against the stupid AI.

Looks to be 10 times more action oriented. One thing I hope they fix is the guns on the Tformers. The last game had the same old weapons for every robot. This game, we better have selections and upgrades.

make Trans. online and make it like GTA 4, have a mode were you and up to 16 people can free roam in a city and fight and hang out and stuff.

make Trans. online and make it like GTA 4, have a mode were you and up to 16 people can free roam in a city and fight and hang out and stuff.

Yeah, imagine if every player is a Transformers, and you can lay waste to the city as both teams tear each other apart, by transforming, shooting, or other creative ways to destroy each other.

I wouldn't say it was an epic fail, but it did miss the mark in alot of areas. I didn't like the repetitive missions, or the fact that virtually all of your weapons had no affect on the enemies. Play the PSP version of the Transformers game and it will make you greatly appreciate the console version.

The first one wasn't that much of a fail. It just needed some work on certain areas.

Like, the time events, having to race to an area every time. That sucked.
Drones blocking all your weapon attacks, what fun is that?
Not playing as ALL the Tformers.

I just hope this game is a WHOLE different game.

Sooo, who's gonna get this one? it sounds and lookes the same to me, I actually thought the trailer was reused clips from the last game, so i think i may borrow it from a friend but otherwise i doubt i'll get it unless activions up the quality.

It looks promising and hopefully it will be better than the first movie game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"